hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I might be wrong of course but I'm sure you aren't earning 100k per week. They can man up as far as I'm concerned
    We've already established that how much you get paid doesn't affect your right to have a break.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    So, arguments for this:

- Help avoid injuries to key players
    - Allows fringe players an opportunity to impress and break through to the first team
    - Makes a point about the number of matches that players are expected to play.

Your argument against it:

- They get paid a lot of money which should make them superhuman and impervious to wear and tear.
    Just wasted 5 mins on a comment making exactly those points. So instead of posting, I'll just give this a

+1

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    We've already established that how much you get paid doesn't affect your right to have a break.
    Or prevent injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Nonsense. The amount of games these players are being asked to play in a season is absurd and it seems like someone in England has a hamstring pop every week. Even the likes of Andy Robertson looks tired to me for example.
    Well they should rotate then as other clubs manage to do. Come to think of it they do. So what are the moans about?

Ever since Klopp has arrived, Liverpool have treated the FA Cup and the EFL Cup with contempt by fielding weakened sides and sometimes youth teams and often went out at the first opportunity. Last season, Liverpool played far fewer matches than other sides such as Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc, despite getting to a CL Final.

Liverpool played 53 matches last season as against 61 for Manchester City and 63 for Chelsea. Arsenal played 58 and Spurs 56.

Left by mutual consent!
    Pipe doon, Klopp is GOD.

YMWA

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I would rather that clubs who have no interest in the FA cup or the League Cup don’t enter them at all. Either that or they have to register a “cup” squad and honour every round using that squad. As someone who grew up watching Liverpool win the lot it pisses me off enourmesly that we don’t give a **** about either cup anymore.

Sad fact is the FA cup is devalued as Europe & the League offers more money. It's been going that way since Man U took leave to play in South America years ago.

Cant blame them it's the modern game. What do you do play a decent side and risk next years income?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I would rather that clubs who have no interest in the FA cup or the League Cup don’t enter them at all. Either that or they have to register a “cup” squad and honour every round using that squad. As someone who grew up watching Liverpool win the lot it pisses me off enourmesly that we don’t give a **** about either cup anymore.
    I think that's a good idea. It's already written into some 2nd choice goalkeepers contracts that they are first choice for the cups, when that club doesn't have a cup as their main priority. There's no reason why the top teams couldn't have the Shaqiris at Liverpool or the Foley's at City contracturally guaranteed cup action. Still fairly big names looking to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Pipe doon, Klopp is GOD.

YMWA
    You'll maybe walk alone ?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Pipe doon, Klopp is GOD.

YMWA
    No, that would be Stubbsy. 👍

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Are those the guidelines of the FA or the Premier League?
    That's a good point. Although on the other hand, the Premier League are putting in rules that are impossible for their members to follow.

Whoever is at fault here, its not Liverpool. They haven't scheduled any games or broken any rules.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Aside from the conflict regarding scheduling, I can’t be arsed when any successful team complains about the number of games they have to play. It goes hand in hand with being successful.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    What an arrogant attitude!, do you really think you will keep this up in seasons to come?, what you gonna do when klopp beats it to Bayern?

Dream on.
    Think you've picked up his point wrong. From what I can tell he wants Liverpool to take it seriously.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    So, arguments for this:

- Help avoid injuries to key players
    - Allows fringe players an opportunity to impress and break through to the first team
    - Makes a point about the number of matches that players are expected to play.

Your argument against it:

- They get paid a lot of money which should make them superhuman and impervious to wear and tear.

It’s a question of priorities. Ridiculous to argue otherwise.

The big clubs want complete freedom to organise lucrative long haul tours of their key ‘territories’ and then complain about long established cup competitions which, by the way, help to redistribute income to smaller clubs.

The EPL obviously doesn’t care about anything except itself.

What an arrogant attitude!, do you really think you will keep this up in seasons to come?, what you gonna do when klopp beats it to Bayern?

Dream on.
    I have amended my response as this has now been cleared up, no hard feelings H-0762 👍
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 27-01-2020 at 07:39 PM.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Sadly that's where we are in modern football. The teams at the top of the EPL would rather qualify for Europe as it's more money than winning a cup. Those at the bottom would rather stay in the EPL as it's more money than winning a cup. Those at the top of the championship would rather gain promotion as there's more money in that than winning a cup. See the connection? I agree with you totally. As someone who has supported Hibs all my life the FA cup usually had more interest for me than the Scottish cup. Sad to see how the English clubs now treat the FA cup

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    That's a good point. Although on the other hand, the Premier League are putting in rules that are impossible for their members to follow.

Whoever is at fault here, its not Liverpool. They haven't scheduled any games or broken any rules.
    I’ve not read anything but are they actual rules, or have the Premier League just asked that teams respect the break?

Liverpool have got plenty first team squad players, that played yesterday, that could probably do with the 90 minutes.

Dream on.
    Klopp is German
    Bayern are German

He must want to go there

Dream on.
    How was it arrogant?

The guy's criticising Liverpool (his own club) for deciding that they'll field a weakened team in their replay v Shrewsbury.

I totally agree with his stance. He doesn't like that big clubs in England devalue the two domestic cups these days and I can't see how that can be construed as arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Klopp is German
    Bayern are German

He must want to go there

Not if they can sign Stendl first.

Well said.

Klopp must be pissing himself. He's done everything to try and get knocked out the FA cup but still going strong. Sad it's come to this but that's modern football. A once brilliant competition is just an inconvenience now. So glad it isn't that way up here

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Klopp must be pissing himself. He's done everything to try and get knocked out the FA cup but still going strong. Sad it's come to this but that's modern football. A once brilliant competition is just an inconvenience now. So glad it isn't that way up here
    Aye, apparently they now have two diddy cups opposed to our one.....

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Partly due to nonsense like the club World Cup (mickey mouse money maker) and lucrative pre season tours being prioritised.

Liverpool seem able to bring all their big stars to those.
    Excellent point, I’d rather clubs made a bigger issue about those games than their domestic competitions but £ is king.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I totally disagree with that as it would completely devalue the competition even more than it presently has. These big clubs in England have big enough squads, they should stop moaning and get on with it. If Klopp wants to play a reserve team he should do just that without making statements or comments about it. The fans love the cup and they’ll be there once Klopp has gone. I love watching Liverpool under Klopp, but I totally disagree with his stance on this.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I totally disagree with that as it would completely devalue the competition even more than it presently has. These big clubs in England have big enough squads, they should stop moaning and get on with it. If Klopp wants to play a reserve team he should do just that without making statements or comments about it. The fans love the cup and they’ll be there once Klopp has gone. I love watching Liverpool under Klopp, but I totally disagree with his stance on this.
    Not sure how you devalue a cup comp any more than he has already done by announcing that his entire first team squad including himself will take no part! Forcing them to name a cup squad would at least ensure consistency through the rounds regardless of the opposition, the current way they are treating it is a farce in my opinion. Liverpool have taken it to the extreme this season but many other clubs also throw in youngsters depending on the opposition.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 27-01-2020 at 07:33 PM.

Not sure how you devalue a cup comp any more than he has already done by announcing that his entire first team squad including himself will take no part!
    By not taking part at all. We all know it won’t be the reserves in the latter rounds, especially if they get knocked out of Europe. The league will be won long before the final so the priorities could change. The last thing you want is the premier cup competition being reduced to a trophy for lower league teams.

United we stand here....

By not taking part at all. We all know it won’t be the reserves in the latter rounds, especially if they get knocked out of Europe. The league will be won long before the final so the priorities could change. The last thing you want is the premier cup competition being reduced to a trophy for lower league teams.
    That’s why my suggestion of a cup squad would ensure more consistency.

That’s why my suggestion of a cup squad would ensure more consistency.
    I don’t think it needs consistency, it just needs people to stop complaining. Everyone understands the predicament Klopp finds himself in, he should just do what he needs to do.

United we stand here....

Look at the past 10 winners of the FA Cup, it isn't even remotely a cup for lower league teams.