hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar

Poor, poor Liverpool FC

Klopp already saying it will a full reserve team that take on Shrewsbury in the FA Cup replay.

You really have to feel for those poor boys picking up their millions in wages being asked to play in a football match because they are 'Tired'. It's cheating, plain and simple. If Liverpool don't want to play in the FA or League Cup, then don't enter the competitions.

How many domestic cups have they won in the last thirty years? Five, and only one, yes, one, in the last seventeen years.

Will be glad when they go back to being hammered 6-0 by Stoke City.

Last edited by KingPat4; 27-01-2020 at 04:03 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Poor show by Liverpool.

They've rightly been showered with praise for being an outstanding side with a great manager but they should be hammered for that.

Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Klopp already saying it will a full reserve team that take on Shrewsbury in the FA Cup replay.

You really have to feel for those poor boys picking up their millions in wages being asked to play in a football match because they are 'Tired'. It's cheating, plain and simple. If Liverpool don't want to play in the FA or League Cup, then don't enter the competitions.

How many domestic cups have they won in the last thirty years? Five, and only one, yes, one, in the last seventeen years.

Nonsense. The amount of games these players are being asked to play in a season is absurd and it seems like someone in England has a hamstring pop every week. Even the likes of Andy Robertson looks tired to me for example.

Personally, don't see what the problem is.

If someone said to me "we're going to have a mid-season break" at work, then I would be arranging a week away to re-charge my batteries with the family, most likely go away to a sunnier & warmer climate. If my employer then says that I've got to cancel the holiday because of an extra appointment then I think I would be pretty pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Nonsense. The amount of games these players are being asked to play in a season is absurd and it seems like someone in England has a hamstring pop every week. Even the likes of Andy Robertson looks tired to me for example.
    Don't think there's a risk of Klopp getting injured though.

That's why they get paid so much. If you can't stand the heat....,

Pathetic.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post

If someone said to me "we're going to have a mid-season break" at work, then I would be arranging a week away to re-charge my batteries with the family, most likely go away to a sunnier & warmer climate. If my employer then says that I've got to cancel the holiday because of an extra appointment then I think I would be pretty pissed off.
    Exactly, especially when the FA will be getting paid an absolute fortune for hosting the Euros which Liverpool players will be predominantly active in.

I don't think it's cheating whatever it is

Pathetic.
    OK you seem to be on an anti-Liverpool thing. I'm out as there is no sense in your posts and little chance of sensible debate.

Liverpool playing a weaker team is cheating? Surely that benefits everyone else bar them. Add to the fact there’s a euros and a cops America in the summer a week off could be key for almost all Liverpool players as there is a high chance they will only have 2 weeks max off in the summer. Sadio mane for example has had 2 weeks off in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Don't think there's a risk of Klopp getting injured though.
    I have no idea what relevance that has to the debate.

Pathetic.
    Because you get well paid does that mean you lose the right to have time off? The player becomes a sort of slave to ever more football, all the time, forever?

Klopps argument stands up, they were told not to schedule any friendlies by the premier league who wanted to have a winter break to allow player rest, then the governing body break the agreement at the first time of asking by making them play the replay in the middle of the break that they have just agreed?

I think Klopp could attend the replay himself though, he's on shakier ground there.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 27-01-2020 at 04:19 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Not Liverpools fault. Read the FA guidelines on the mid season break:

"Clubs should not arrange competitive or friendly matches with other clubs during the mid-season player break"

So why have the FA allowed a competitive match to be played in this time? Completely ridiculous.

There's a lot made about modern players being soft and pampered but I'd bet your current top level footballer plays more minutes than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post

"Clubs should not arrange competitive or friendly matches with other clubs during the mid-season player break"

So why have the FA allowed a competitive match to be played in this time? Completely ridiculous.

There's a lot made about modern players being soft and pampered but I'd bet your current top level footballer plays more minutes than ever before.
    Agree, best to close down this thread now. Not Liverpool's fault at all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51256760

Premier league says not to arrange fixtures during winter break then FA decide to arrange fixtures.during the break.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

They're competing in what, five competitions this year? I don't know what relevance their salary is, they're professional athletes and if they pick up injuries then they're no use to the team.

Some of the reserve players in the fringes of the squad should be enough to compete and it's a good way for them to assess younger players.

You sound oddly, oddly bitter about Liverpool football club.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

OK you seem to be on an anti-Liverpool thing. I'm out as there is no sense in your posts and little chance of sensible debate.
    Not true. Most of best friends are Liverpool fans - all English and from the area. They certainly won't agree with me, obviously.

Let's remember Shrewsbury Town in all of this. It will put a damper on the replay for their fans and may mean less than a full house at Anfield and less cash for the club

Mind you, even with £100m worth of talent on the pitch, they still could not despatch a lowly third division club.

What is it with Liverpool? Why are they so beyond critisism?

I have no idea what relevance that has to the debate.
    The arguement being put forward is the players are at danger of being injured due to overplaying.

Not sure why Klopp can't be there to manage the team though.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Liverpool are only adhering to the League rules. Not an issue, shame the FA cup is so devalued though. Should be extra time and pens, that would help.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Partly due to nonsense like the club World Cup (mickey mouse money maker) and lucrative pre season tours being prioritised.

Liverpool seem able to bring all their big stars to those.

Coaching Staff
    The players yes but disrespectful of Klopp to be absent.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not true. Most of best friends are Liverpool fans - all English and from the area. They certainly won't agree with me, obviously.

Let's remember Shrewsbury Town in all of this. It will put a damper on the replay for their fans and may mean less than a full house at Anfield and less cash for the club

Mind you, even with £100m worth of talent on the pitch, they still could not despatch a lowly third division club.

What is it with Liverpool? Why are they so beyond critisism?

So you’re a Shrewsbury fan then?

They got told by the epl not to arrange friendlies for the mental wellbeing of the players during the break, the FA, who stand to make 100s if millions in the summer have told them now to play during that week. I actually think it’s amazing man management by Klopp.

Anfield will still be packed and Shrewsbury will get more tv money and more of a chance to win the tie.

Left by mutual consent!
    Close the thread down?

Who the **** are you? God?
    Imagine he was, nae heaven for you son 😁

Quote Originally Posted by dar View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51256760

Premier league says not to arrange fixtures during winter break then FA decide to arrange fixtures.during the break.
    The Premier League and FA are two separate bodies.

The Premier League say have a week off but surely it is earmarked that FA cup replays will be held on this date. Forward plan just in case!

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post

Are those the guidelines of the FA or the Premier League?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Have you heard his statement? I have and though I don’t agree with it I never heard him say anyone was tired.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    The arguement being put forward is the players are at danger of being injured due to overplaying.

Not sure why Klopp can't be there to manage the team though.
    No it’s not that argument at all!

Listen to Klopp’s statement.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post

I might be wrong of course but I'm sure you aren't earning 100k per week. They can man up as far as I'm concerned

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Pathetic.
    So, arguments for this:

- Help avoid injuries to key players
    - Allows fringe players an opportunity to impress and break through to the first team
    - Makes a point about the number of matches that players are expected to play.

Your argument against it:

- They get paid a lot of money which should make them superhuman and impervious to wear and tear.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

What a stupid post.

having loads of money doesn't make you happy. It also doesn't make you immune to injuries so its utter irrelevant. It isn't cheating in the slighest.

They've also won at least 2 domestic cups in the last 17 years so thats also rubbish. 2006 FA Cup and a league cup under Dalglish?

Playing 60 games a season is mental, Klopp quite right to rotate and the results show that. Guy is a genius and managing his squad through a crazy time perfectly.