hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take away Rangers and Celtic and it doesn't look too good.

Hibs and Hearts average crowds are poor compared to clubs in similar sized cities in England. See, for example, Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday. That's steering away from Manchester City and United plus Liverpool and Everton.
    I have no figures, bur surely South Yorkshire has a population on a par with Scotland? hence the relatively larger(although not massively) attendances if if they are not winning regularly?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Your heads up your backend if you think Stewart Milne was the only chairman to vote with the Sellick. Plenty clubs happy to play along to the party tune as the old firm fill their coffers year on year. Couldn’t even tell you if it was ever put to a vote to amend since the appetite for it was so low, and I can’t find results online.

I believe it was reported that the vote from the members of the SPL was 9. to 2 ,the two being celtic and aberdeen to change the crucial voting structure in the league which remains decision must have 11 votes to change rules .

Hope you can remove your head from from your backend by any means though,the echo must be mighty loud.

Hence why this ‘twenty’s plenty’ campaign isn’t as straight forward as everyone thinks, and takes far more thought behind it. We need better people in charge of our game getting far better deals for us. As it stands, lowering ticket prices will just lower revenues and lower the quality, which in turn makes it even harder to attract sponsors and commercial deals, while driving people away as the standard gets worse.
    point taken, but

there are circumstances that should initially be addressed re-attendances. Lots will not be able to afford tonight's game .It's a replay. why not drop the price? the first match, was a Sunday. it was on tv. we had a great support but the ground should have been filled to the brim. the price was too high, and the home club left an end virtually empty. these are all points that need addressed by the clubs and the SFA. let's big up our game, whenever possible, and this fixture is a case in point!

My point exactly, no one has put a proposal in front of me which backs up why tickets should be £20 and how we propose to make a success of this. Put that point to me and I’ll get right behind it. I’m all for saving myself some dosh. Throw a random statement out there with no facts or figures to back up having the same quality/better quality than we do at the moment and I’ll quite rightly doubt it and agree with the status quo.
    I think he is reffering to the high price mainly for a derby game. nevertheless, I am happy to pay more for a game like that when we all know that it is a supercharged event. still think 38quid is a bit much though!. but, as for getting more bodies in, cut yer cloth to suit the situation. that can be a start to getting fans on a regular basis.

There’s no doubt we can get better commercial deals, better tv deals, innovation, much more than just ‘lower the ticket prices’ which has been proven time and time again not to get new punters through the door.
    cant really make my mind up on this, but I do feel for fans that Want to be at games but cant afford to at times. I am surprised that our new owner in particular, given his background , has not made much movement on innovative moves for income at least for our club. maybe he needs to sit down with people like the new Aberdeen gadgie, etc?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I found this report interesting:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51177558

Scottish clubs more reliant on matchday attendance than any other top league in Europe.

There are probably two sides to this story:

1) Scottish clubs are well supported per head of population and
    2) Other sources of revenue are quite poor

Unfortunately, more sensible kick off times seem unlikely, as the SPFL shuffles fixtures to try and increase value of broadcasting rights etc.
    The article is a reassuring reminder that, per head of population, support for our clubs is outstanding.

The fans are doing their bit, the light must surely be shone on our footballing authorities for failing dismally to find appropriate financial support for our wonderful game

Austria, Denmark, Switzerland etc all get more TV Money for their leagues and you will be hard pressed to find more than 2-3 clubs in all 3 of those leagues who match Hibs or Hearts for attendances

I think the spark our league needs is a non OF club winning the league. Sadly that seems something of a fantasy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    point taken, but

there are circumstances that should initially be addressed re-attendances. Lots will not be able to afford tonight's game .It's a replay. why not drop the price? the first match, was a Sunday. it was on tv. we had a great support but the ground should have been filled to the brim. the price was too high, and the home club left an end virtually empty. these are all points that need addressed by the clubs and the SFA. let's big up our game, whenever possible, and this fixture is a case in point!
    Tonight’s game I totally agree with FWIW, and think I made this point on another thread, it’s one of the rare occasions that lowering the price would have a meaningful impact on crowd size.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    cant really make my mind up on this, but I do feel for fans that Want to be at games but cant afford to at times. I am surprised that our new owner in particular, given his background , has not made much movement on innovative moves for income at least for our club. maybe he needs to sit down with people like the new Aberdeen gadgie, etc?
    100%. I’m not against lowering prices in the main, just not to the further detriment of the game, therefore we need to address the income side of it first, firstly as a league and country as a whole through our league and cups sponsorships and tv deals, and secondly as a club. Once revenues are raised elsewhere, then ticket prices should be lowered thus improving the overall product and enticing people through the door, as simply lowering the price by £5 is not going to encourage thousands more to attend regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    I believe it was reported that the vote from the members of the SPL was 9. to 2 ,the two being celtic and aberdeen to change the crucial voting structure in the league which remains decision must have 11 votes to change rules .

Hope you can remove your head from from your backend by any means though,the echo must be mighty loud.
    There was no vote in 2012 on it, Milne did indeed advise he was against changing it at that point, however it is a certainty that Celtic would hold all the weight throughout the league and every single other club would fold in regards to it. The clubs have never voted against the old firm en mass, absolutely no reason to see that change as they bring so much money to the rest of the sides.