hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we allowed to wet the bed if we don't go through?
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Depends on how the game pans out. Lose to some dodgy desicion or some fluke goal after battering them then I'd say not. Get humped 3-0 and I'd say so.
    Bed wetting should be mandatory any time Hibs go out of a cup competition to lower league opposition, irrespective of the circumstances.

Is anyone suggesting that anything other than progression tonight is acceptable?

Even if we're pish, we draw, and we go through penalties I'll be fairly happy.

It's the cup and it is all about winning.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    I dont understand that rule and why it's in place?

He's our player now and should play.

Just me maybe but a silly rule imo.
    I guess it's to stop teams buying a player specifically to win a replay.

Maybe we could do a couple of short term loan deals till the end of the month. 😁
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

When a Match which is postponed, drawn, or abandoned is played or replayed, only those Players who were eligible, by means of their registration, to be listed on the Official Team Line for a Club at the date fixed for originally playing the Match, are eligible to be listed on the Official Team Line for that Club for the rescheduled Match.
    So as long as he was registered before the 1st cup tie he should be ok. (unless I'm reading this the wrong way!) I suppose the real question is can you register a player without clearance?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Bed wetting should be mandatory any time Hibs go out of a cup competition to lower league opposition, irrespective of the circumstances.

Is anyone suggesting that anything other than progression tonight is acceptable?

When people say unacceptable - what is the action to be taken if we lose?

If it is isn’t going to be accepted then what are you going to be doing about? Asking for a change of manager, change of owner?

I found it a very strange word to use in football. Disappointing yes, of course.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    So as long as he was registered before the 1st cup tie he should be ok. (unless I'm reading this the wrong way!) I suppose the real question is can you register a player without clearance?
    Fifa rules....

9 International Transfer Certificate
    Players registered at one association may only be registered at a new association once the latter has received an International Transfer Certificate (hereinafter: ITC) from the former association. The ITC shall be issued free of charge without any conditions or time limit. Any provisions to the contrary shall be null and void. The association issuing the ITC shall lodge a copy with FIFA. The administrative procedures for issuing the ITC are contained in Annexe 3, article 8, and Annexe 3a of these regulations.

Fifa rules....

Players registered at one association may only be registered at a new association once the latter has received an International Transfer Certificate (hereinafter: ITC) from the former association. The ITC shall be issued free of charge without any conditions or time limit. Any provisions to the contrary shall be null and void. The association issuing the ITC shall lodge a copy with FIFA. The administrative procedures for issuing the ITC are contained in Annexe 3, article 8, and Annexe 3a of these regulations.
    Thanks, that's pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

If it is isn’t going to be accepted then what are you going to be doing about? Asking for a change of manager, change of owner?

I found it a very strange word to use in football. Disappointing yes, of course.
    I think you know what people mean by it though.

Bad results can happen but lose tonight and our season is pretty much done. We’re not going to catch Motherwell or Aberdeen, we’re not consistent enough so we need a cup run to retain any hope of achieving anything.

It’s difficult to qualify what happens on the back of a defeat. But if we are left with little to play for in January then that is unacceptable.

I was taking it that there would be an excessive amount of moaning on this site (often referred to as bedwetting).

If we don't progress tonight, there should be bedwetting.

We're not quite at the "civil disobedience" stage, but depending on the transfer activity we see over the rest of this week we might not end up far from it.

Fifa Rules

An unacceptable result should be protested in the following manner: Booing, whistling and swearing at Players and Manager upon completion of game; a minimum of 12 scarves to be thrown onto pitch; Optional protests in front of entrance to Main Stand, followed by (compulsory) rabid posts on the relevant football forum.

@hibs.net private member

When a Match which is postponed, drawn, or abandoned is played or replayed, only those Players who were eligible, by means of their registration, to be listed on the Official Team Line for a Club at the date fixed for originally playing the Match, are eligible to be listed on the Official Team Line for that Club for the rescheduled Match.
    It's okay, we can play him. Hearts set a precedent a couple of years ago when they were awarded a draw after fielding an ineligible player. Come to think of it, pretty handy to have the draw guarantee if we get beat.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    It's okay, we can play him. Hearts set a precedent a couple of years ago when they were awarded a draw after fielding an ineligible player. Come to think of it, pretty handy to have the draw guarantee if we get beat.
    Maybe we'd go through on away goals

Is omeonga able to play tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer1875 View Post
    Is omeonga able to play tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

I agree completely but no doubt there will be people on here accepting another poor result.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    I agree completely but no doubt there will be people on here accepting another poor result.
    Those people should stick a tenner on Utd to win and cover their ticket money so they don't have a breakdown at full time.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post
    No
    Someone should tell the News as he’s in their team for tonight.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Someone should tell the News as he’s in their team for tonight.
    The other possibility of course is he was registered correctly and just not picked in the initial squad.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    The other possibility of course is he was registered correctly and just not picked in the initial squad.
    I'm sure you will quote us some obscure bylaw from the registers of Scotland to show us how he could be in the team tonight. 🤓 Nerd!

Is it being shown on tv anywhere tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Is it being shown on tv anywhere tonight?
    Don't think so. Amazed it's not on the BBC Scotland channel to be honest. Will be radio for me. Presumably it's on the radio?

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    What do you suggest they do?

Take a tantrum, demand Jack Ross is sacked, lynch the owner?

Most folks will accept it, not like it in any shape or form but will accept it.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Fifa rules....

,,,,,,, and the award for most useless gobbledygook since the SFA rules were drawn up goes to ,,FIFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I'll probably wet my bed if we do go through.

Just for the sheer joy of it.
    P1sh sheets down either way then.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Mon hibs

3-1 Hibernian

@hibs.net private member
    Can't seem to reply on the match thread - just back home in Ayr, what a wonderful performance.