hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Would you donate via HSL to improve the club?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

60 52.63%
  • No

54 47.37%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neither the club nor Ron Gordon have asked for anything yet folk are distrusting their intentions and getting angry.

Meanwhile hearts fans are sticking £1.5m into their club every year while we moan.
    We all know historically why they managed to attract so many to give a monthly pledge.

They also have a goal which everyone believes in and it has a tangible benefit of being run by a Board elected by the contributors.

The club may not have asked for anything but they have stopped the Hibs community from owning more shares in the club, which is kinda opposite to their recent campaigns such as #WeAreAllHibs and selling the club as one with a clear community focus.

At this point in time I’m fairly relaxed and take comfort that there are significant changes coming (we’ll assume positive ones) but I do still have a few doubts.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I've spent enough on Hibs home and away over the last 55 years. I feel I deserve my concession ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    We all know historically why they managed to attract so many to give a monthly pledge.

They also have a goal which everyone believes in and it has a tangible benefit of being run by a Board elected by the contributors.

The club may not have asked for anything but they have stopped the Hibs community from owning more shares in the club, which is kinda opposite to their recent campaigns such as #WeAreAllHibs and selling the club as one with a clear community focus.

At this point in time I’m fairly relaxed and take comfort that there are significant changes coming (we’ll assume positive ones) but I do still have a few doubts.
    Surely we should have had some info from R G and the board of future plans, then invite fans to contribute

Promising Youngster
    I currently donate and happy to continue as a season ticket isn't currently a viable option for me.

If it's basically going to be purely a donation to the club going forward, and Hibs want and foresee these donations as forming an integral part of our progression going forward, then there will need to be some changes. It will need to wedded to a clear and inspiring vision of how we're going to improve and probably rebranded as some sort of membership package where fans are getting some tangible benefit back.

It's a fine balance, Hearts (albeit in unique circumstances) have shown that it's possible for supporter contributions to give a club in Scotland a genuine financial advantage (one they've spectacularly squandered so far!), but pushing too hard for supporters already being bled dry for more isn't a great look and isn't likely to succeed.

Coaching Staff
    Football fans are pretty unique in their expectations, In no other form of business or entertainment would you have the similar.
    RG has already put significant sums of money into the club, Sir Tom Farmer did similar but neither has received the thanks due. There has been the Oliver Twist syndrome of "please Sir can I have more".
    If you want to buy a season ticket do so or not your choice. If you want to provide extra finance via HSL or through the club shop, do so or not your choice.
    Frankly because people look South & see rich benefactors providing unparalleled riches to various clubs they think it should happen here, wake up call, it ain't going to happen.

Testimonial Due
    I would make a one off payment,i never expect anything in return or want anything in return,were kind of stuck with each other.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Trying to remember details from previous discussions here.

Is it in the clubs interest to have money gifted (through HSL or by individuals) as there is no tax implication.

If they set up a scheme with benefits would they have to pay VAT on contributions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Football fans are pretty unique in their expectations, In no other form of business or entertainment would you have the similar.
    RG has already put significant sums of money into the club, Sir Tom Farmer did similar but neither has received the thanks due. There has been the Oliver Twist syndrome of "please Sir can I have more".
    If you want to buy a season ticket do so or not your choice. If you want to provide extra finance via HSL or through the club shop, do so or not your choice.
    Frankly because people look South & see rich benefactors providing unparalleled riches to various clubs they think it should happen here, wake up call, it ain't going to happen.
    “Please sir, can I have some more” is pretty much what the club say to us at every opportunity.

Nobody on this thread has asked RP to plough more money in. The discussion is whether the fans should donate their cash to the club.

Left by mutual consent!
    I donate via tickets etc, I certainly would not be giving out extra to pay people more wages than I get.

We should be able to compete as we are.

Left by mutual consent!
    Pony up!!!!!

C’mon,like we don’t pay enough.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    I would make a one off payment,i never expect anything in return or want anything in return,were kind of stuck with each other.
    Why should you though??

To build another indoor training pitch down East Mains ?

It’ll certainly not go towards attaining a real quality player and maybe pay over the odds or higher wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Why should you though??

It’ll certainly not go towards attaining a real quality player and maybe pay over the odds or higher wage.
    Do you know for a fact it didn't attract Doidge and were not paying him good wages? He's a quality player.

The bottom line is this: if we want better players we'll need money. If fans don't invest in their club, how can they expect anyone else to?

If we all pack in paying into HSL there's only one outcome. A downward spiral.

I stopped my HSL payments a wee while ago, dont mind paying a bit to the team but it needs to be a hell of a lot more transparent before I put more cash in, although at the end of the day good players cost good money.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Do you know for a fact it didn't attract Doidge and were not paying him good wages? He's a quality player.
    Yet to prove he’s a real quality player, let’s no get carried away.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Nope, they get enough out of me through 4 season tickets every season and other purchases from club shop etc.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member
    No

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    The bottom line is this: if we want better players we'll need money. If fans don't invest in their club, how can they expect anyone else to?

If we all pack in paying into HSL there's only one outcome. A downward spiral.
    Agreed that we need to increase revenue but why is it just the fans that need to dig deeper? Did we think having no sponsor would help recruiting the best we can afford? Why have clubs like Hearts, Aberdeen & Patrick been able to find external investment and we haven’t? What revenue steams have the club grown? By all accounts our commercial side lags way behind Hearts & Aberdeen.

The tone of your post, if I’m picking you up correctly, Is that how successful we are is dependent on how much extra the fans put in on top of all we already give. The onus is on the club to to increase revenue and spend what we have wisely, not for the fans to continue to dig deeper and deeper to stop a “downward spiral”

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    I will delay any decision until I have been to the long delayed AGM and the chance to hear what Ron Gordon has planned for the club.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I’m thinking I can probably find another tenner a year from somewhere all said and done.

If you have an extra bit of disposable income that you want to put into the club then why bother with such well meaning nonsense such as HSL.

£10/£20 a month is far better spent directly on upgrading to an executive seat a few times a season or a full corporate day out or subscribe to Hibs TV or buy more merchandise in the club shop or my favorite would be buying a kids season ticket and donating it to the community guys.

I do a combination and in that way avoid all the internal politics and patent bumbling amateurism of well intentioned but a rather poorly structured HSL format.

Hibs benefit, I benefit and you avoid the middleman.
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 26-01-2020 at 09:10 PM.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Aberdeen's finishes last ten years: 9th, 9th, 9th, 8th, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 4th.
    Hearts' finishes last ten years: 6th, 3rd, 5th, 10th, 12th, lower division, 3rd, 5th, 5th, 6th.
    Hibs' finishes last ten years: 4th, 10th, 11th, 7th, 11th, lower division, lower division, lower division, 4th, 5th.

Top six finishes for them are the rule. For us it's the exception.

Hearts and Aberdeen fans are quite happy to give more because it's reflected in more money being spent on the team. When our ST sales go up it appears to have no discernible impact.

I pay £405 for a season ticket, another £150 for an HTV subscription and a good £100 or so on away tickets. That is currently going towards us sometimes challenging for Europe, sometimes winning a cup, and then five years minimum of "transition". I don't have confidence in further money being put to good use.
    Last edited by Diclonius; 26-01-2020 at 09:18 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    On reflection I could be persuaded to get back into it through HSL again if someone like Petrie and Sir Tom Farmer were willing to transfer to Hibs fans as many shares as they wanted to buy in return for cash that went directly to our club.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Aberdeen's finishes last ten years: 9th, 9th, 9th, 8th, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 4th.
    Hearts' finishes last ten years: 6th, 3rd, 5th, 10th, 12th, lower division, 3rd, 5th, 5th, 6th.
    Hibs' finishes last ten years: 4th, 10th, 11th, 7th, 11th, lower division, lower division, lower division, 4th, 5th.

Top six finishes for them are the rule. For us it's the exception.

Hearts and Aberdeen fans are quite happy to give more because it's reflected in more money being spent on the team. When our ST sales go up it appears to have no discernible impact.

I pay £405 for a season ticket, another £150 for an HTV subscription and a good £100 or so on away tickets. That is currently going towards us sometimes challenging for Europe, sometimes winning a cup, and then five years minimum of "transition". I don't have confidence in further money being put to good use.
    £150 for HTV?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    On reflection I could be persuaded to get back into it through HSL again if someone like Petrie and Sir Tom Farmer were willing to transfer to Hibs fans as many shares as they wanted to buy in return for cash that went directly to our club.

Do they still own shares?

Quote Originally Posted by 1875godsgift View Post
    Do they still own shares?
    Really couldn't say, they may well be amongst the nominee shareholders, but their current equivalent Ron could do it.

I can think of no more community orientated act than to put a meaningful chunk of the clubs shares into the hands of the Hibernian community. Sounds like it isn't going to happen though.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Why should you though??

But that full size indoor pitch should help develop both young players and signings to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    If you have an extra bit of disposable income that you want to put into the club then why bother with such well meaning nonsense such as HSL.

£10/£20 a month is far better spent directly on upgrading to an executive seat a few times a season or a full corporate day out or subscribe to Hibs TV or buy more merchandise in the club shop or my favorite would be buying a kids season ticket and donating it to the community guys.

I do a combination and in that way avoid all the internal politics and patent bumbling amateurism of well intentioned but a rather poorly structured HSL format.

Hibs benefit, I benefit and you avoid the middleman.
    This sums up how I feel too.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

I’m not sure if I’m missing some sarcasm here but this is exactly what the scheme was - and it was met largely with suspicion and disinterest.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I’m not sure if I’m missing some sarcasm here but this is exactly what the scheme was - and it was met largely with suspicion and disinterest.
    Sarcasm alert

Sir Matt Busby