hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Would you donate via HSL to improve the club?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

60 52.63%
  • No

54 47.37%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aberdeen’s owners will be paying largely for infrastructure. Just what we appear to be objecting to.
    There's also evidence of them backing McInnes though - so there's a bit of both, but that said I accept your point.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

I pay just ten pounds a month just now Would happily increase this if more people were coming on board and all the money was going to player budget
    Not interested in helping fund an indoor pitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Voted no but I would be interested in a membership scheme similar to Aberdeens where the concept of the season tickets is changed to different levels of membership some which would include seats for every game. I pay for two youth tickets too so there is already quite a bit out of the household budget each month. Add to that probably half the away games and it must be around 100 quid a month. Hard to justify too much more than that and not convinced the money would make much difference.
    I salute u sir

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think if we were seeing Ron push us on like Aberdeen's owner, or Dundee United's, folk would want to get on board with it.

I can't see many of us buying into an "I will if you will" proposition.
    S Hes put in 3.5 million and will put in more. He should have security considering he is the one with millions if ever we should need some. I am satisfied we r heading in the right direction. We could never bail Hibs out if needed but he could. Jeez we went to STF cap in hand back then and I didnt here anyone complain.

First Team Regular
    Ive always thought a good way for supporters to run sonething like this would be for HSL to collect donations on behalf of the supporters, but for them to hold that money in trust. Every year the members would vote that they are content with the money being paid across, based on the cluns plans for the money and the general contentment with how the club was being run.

If the the fans weren't happy for some reason, the money could be withheld in trust at HSL.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    The difference it makes Matty, is that we've heard this song before from Petrie, Scott Lindsay, et al - once the infrastructure is complete, everything will go on the team - well we waited long enough for that to transpire under them and it never happened - we still sell our best players and replace them with workaday journeymen, half of them on short-term loans.

Maybe he could pay for it himself and show his "intent" by his deeds and actions, because i'm kind of fed up with the notion of the fans being asked to pay for it again, while the team meanders around mid-table.
    I agree with this largely.

I dont give a flying one about an indoor pitch, we endured years of stalling due to infrastructure spend, i dont want to go through that again for a while.

Left by mutual consent!
    I would but only if it was guaranteed that every single penny went towards the team - the Petrie years 'infrastructured' me out !

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    OP asked for reasons why folk wouldn’t donate, well for me it’s the equivalent of bumping into one of the players in Princes Street and handing him a tenner every month. This is someone that earns multiple times my salary, so nah, no chance.

I dread that this becomes the norm in Scottish football., ‘If we want to compete...”

Well I’m dead against it in any form. Live within our means and get a damn competent board in place.

The lack of sponsor was mentioned on the other thread, that’s a few years fans donations right there down the pan.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    With reference to the HSL/no more shares thread, if HSL rebranded solely as a method to collect donations to contribute to the club, would you be interested in donating and if so/not what are your reasons for and against?

The club has no debt, there are no shares to purchase so for the purpose of this poll, you can assume that 100% of your money will go towards improving the club.
    no. confused

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    no. confused
    If Hibs were sitting outside McDonald's with an empty McFlurry cup, would you chuck in a tenner or not?

Sorry, that's a poor analogy, that's more like the situation Hertz were in.....!
    Last edited by 1875godsgift; 26-01-2020 at 01:07 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    To answer the OP question........No......No .......definitely ****ing not. I buy a season ticket, I think that’s enough.

Honestly think the club have a cheek. I’m really starting to worry about this Ron Gordon chap.

It used to be that the club was charged with bringing in a right good manager who in turn would bring in some right good players as well as a mix of young and experienced players and mould them together.

It would then be up to supporters whether or not they wanted to commit to going every single week or not?

What I’m saying is, get the product right on the part and the supporters will come.
    It really seems like We’re getting it so wrong at the minute and still wanting supporters to buy season tickets and to contribute more if they can. Na not for me Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by 1875godsgift View Post
    If Hibs were sitting outside McDonald's with an empty McFlurry cup, would you chuck in a tenner or not?

Sorry, that's a poor analogy, that's more like the situation Hertz were in.....!
    the fact that you even mention Micky D, gies me the dry boak

No chance I’d just donate money to pay footballers that earn many times more than the majority of people that support them. I’m broke, they should donate money to me.

It should be a simple arrangement. If the club are well managed and playing well, more people will pay to watch them play. If the merchandise and catering is good more people will buy that too.

It’s a flimsy business model to rely on donations.

@hibs.net private member
    I think there needs to be some kind of a membership type thing, different levels of membership for the money paid in e.g £10 per month gets you 1 shop purchase per month 10% off, £25 per month 1 shop discounted purchase,prize draw, discount card for match day kiosks or something similar. Footballs too expensive as it is, to get a bit more I think they need to give us a little something for it

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post
    No chance I’d just donate money to pay footballers that earn many times more than the majority of people that support them. I’m broke, they should donate money to me.

It should be a simple arrangement. If the club are well managed and playing well, more people will pay to watch them play. If the merchandise and catering is good more people will buy that too.

It’s a flimsy business model to rely on donations.
    Hearts and Aberdeen have been heavily reliant on donations from wealthy benefactors and their normal fan base in the last couple of years. Its part of the reason they can spend more than us on players.

Anyone investing money in a club or company should have enough information to make an informed decision. 3 or 4 years ago, Hibs communication, operation and ambitions were all clear. Not now, so it's a no from me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Anyone investing money in a club or company should have enough information to make an informed decision. 3 or 4 years ago, Hibs communication, operation and ambitions were all clear. Not now, so it's a no from me.
    I have to say, I’ve been contributing to Hibernian Supporters (HSL) for a while now, but since the takeover I have slightly reduced my payments and now I am questioning them entirely.

I am all for plowing extra money into the club but the lack of transparency isnt very encouraging. Simply saying it goes to the footballing department is not clear enough... there’s a clear need for recruitment and currently we as fans are not satisfied... so why should we keep contributing?

The message has been that our contributions will help bring in new faces, but right now it doesn’t look that way.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Me and my family have been in HSL from the beginning and I'm now in the same place as you. We were motivated by the protective shareholding.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

If we’re wanting a club to mirror, I’d rather it was Motherwell rather than Aberdeen or Hearts.

A core of some of the best young talent brought through the ranks supplemented by continual shrewd unearthing of top value unknown gems to supplement them. They’ve punched above their weight for years and years.

Producing the begging bowl to allow the club to operate inefficiently on an inflated budget is not how I want Hibs to be run. They’ve given us zero confidence that they know what to do with the money over the past 1& months (although I accept that they seemed to be very much on the right track prior to that).

Only way I'd contribute is if it was for a marquee type signing, a player we couldn't afford, leigh Griffiths for talkings sake, id happily contribute towards his wages for example.
    Last edited by JammyDoidger; 26-01-2020 at 08:33 AM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    No chance, I purchase a ST that’s enough for me to contribute to any football clubs finances.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Aberdeen’s owners will be paying largely for infrastructure. Just what we appear to be objecting to.
    The infrastructure for them is the new stadium and therefore the additional payment purpose is clear for them. If they want to continue to still have a decent product on the park, then they need to subsidize that with additional income, because the budget for players will drop to help the new stadium cost. In essence, they pay to prevent happening to them what happened to Hibs, when our new stadium was built, the money predominantly went from the playing budget and on the field we suffered for years as a result, it looks like they are trying to reduce that impact.
    In our case, what are our additional payments going to fund ? More infrastructure, an indoor pitch, more behind the scenes jobs, in sport science and recruitment, the reality is from what I take from all of this is, that there is a clear mistrust, that relates to what a lot of people see has been poor spending over the past 2 seasons income, and we don't trust those authorising it and also the void of the unknown, that rests with RG' s master plan. It is truly bizarre, that there has been no communication flow of assurance from our owner or Board, that they continue to allow massive speculation to go unchecked, with no re assurance, it seems like there is a disrespectful attitude, that the fans can wait, and an expectation that we will just accept and pay up and support the 'PLAN' ...maybe a large number will, but that number is reducing by the day I suspect. Yet there seems to be no concern or an uncaring attitude, that they may well be losing a number of fans committment almost daily!!
    As a number of people have said, the silence is deafening and it's being filled with negative speculation, that's unhealthy, whether it's right or wrong, people will do that naturally, I actually can't believe that our Board and owner appear happy for this to go on.
    Last edited by eastcoasthibby; 26-01-2020 at 08:31 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    If we’re wanting a club to mirror, I’d rather it was Motherwell rather than Aberdeen or Hearts.

A core of some of the best young talent brought through the ranks supplemented by continual shrewd unearthing of top value unknown gems to supplement them. They’ve punched above their weight for years and years.

Producing the begging bowl to allow the club to operate inefficiently on an inflated budget is not how I want Hibs to be run. They’ve given us zero confidence that they know what to do with the money over the past 1& months (although I accept that they seemed to be very much on the right track prior to that).
    Motherwells unearthed gems have all come from lower league English teams this place would explode

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    I have to say, I’ve been contributing to Hibernian Supporters (HSL) for a while now, but since the takeover I have slightly reduced my payments and now I am questioning them entirely.

I am all for plowing extra money into the club but the lack of transparency isnt very encouraging. Simply saying it goes to the footballing department is not clear enough... there’s a clear need for recruitment and currently we as fans are not satisfied... so why should we keep contributing?

The message has been that our contributions will help bring in new faces, but right now it doesn’t look that way.
    I get the point and it’s completely your decision to what you want to do with your money but what would be satisfactory with recruitment? We spent a lot in the summer backing the manager we had in place, now some would say we’re 2/3 short but what if there aren’t 2/3 of the quality that’s needed available? Just cause the window is open and we need players should we go out and spend the cash the fans are scraping together just to keep them happy or wait for the right guys and keep the cash until then...e.g summer window

The communication has to get better that’s for sure, I think we’ve got the right guy in charge now so if we’re going to compete with aberdeen we need to spend a bit more, should hearts manage to get their house in order that’s another team that will currently out spend us, we’re needing to come up with something that can get us all behind it to generate the extra money

No. I've never understood why fans donate money to clubs. Ofcourse, people can do what they want with their money, but we have a management team running the club - it's their job to ensure that the club is sustainable.

I'm really not interested in Hibs finances, let alone other teams - I've got enough money worries of my own.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Nope. Couldn’t justify it. Got a season ticket and go to all home cup games and games at Hampden.

I absolutely love a holiday and while I love Hibs and football but I love a holiday just as much.. any spare money I have generally goes towards trying to get away two or three times a year.

I can hardly justify going to most away games on top of all that so I pick and choose them. If I found myself to have more money available then it would be going towards away games (or more holidays ) rather than donating it to the club.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 26-01-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Happy to keep my HSL payment at what it is. Spend enough money on the club throughout the year

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hearts and Aberdeen have been heavily reliant on donations from wealthy benefactors and their normal fan base in the last couple of years. Its part of the reason they can spend more than us on players.
    That’s true. I don’t understand why their fans do it either. I think it’s great if fans want to chip in to make my team better but it’s not for me.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    You just know that would happen.
    I don't. I'm not that pessimistic.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    To answer the OP question........No......No .......definitely ****ing not. I buy a season ticket, I think that’s enough.

Honestly think the club have a cheek. I’m really starting to worry about this Ron Gordon chap.

It used to be that the club was charged with bringing in a right good manager who in turn would bring in some right good players as well as a mix of young and experienced players and mould them together.

It would then be up to supporters whether or not they wanted to commit to going every single week or not?

What I’m saying is, get the product right on the part and the supporters will come.
    It really seems like We’re getting it so wrong at the minute and still wanting supporters to buy season tickets and to contribute more if they can. Na not for me Ron.
    Neither the club nor Ron Gordon have asked for anything yet folk are distrusting their intentions and getting angry.

Meanwhile hearts fans are sticking £1.5m into their club every year while we moan.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 26-01-2020 at 11:04 AM.