hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Flo

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    What I remember about Stevie Archibald he was always in the mood totally committed a 100 % professional never petulant you always got the same high level performance from him every game and a real team player

You sometimes got the impression that he would stop now and again look around and think to himself “ What the f#@k am I doing here?” After all he turned down Liverpool for us

Legend!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was reported in the Evening News last week that Lech Poznan had made an increased second bid for him.

If I thought we could sell him and get a better striker, then I'd say go for it. However, that's a big 'if'.
    When did he even last score a goal?? He frustrates the hell out of me, clearly has talent but his attitude stinks and I think we should move him on this window if we can

Far too inconsistent. Trys all the wee daft flicks and tricks. I am in the get rid camp . Just not good enough

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    When did he even last score a goal?? He frustrates the hell out of me, clearly has talent but his attitude stinks and I think we should move him on this window if we can
    Does his attitude really stink? Is that a view taken solely from what you see on the pitch or the opinion of people who know him at the club.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    This is mental! Is anyone good enough for Hibs?

We should just get rid of everyone apart from Boyle and Allan (who's just been dropped) and we'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

We should just get rid of everyone apart from Boyle and Allan (who's just been dropped) and we'll be fine.
    There is a valid question there on Kamberi.

Anybody who has ever watched football can see he has a bit of ability. But does he use it often enough? Definitely not and 3 league goals 23 games in to the season shows that.

He really frustrates me because he’s obviously capable but we can’t just keep saying that.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Scott Allan is by far the best football player we have got
    Both very gifted but disagree. Flo will play at a higher level than Scotty

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    He probably will get a decent move..but the likelihood of him holding down a starting role and playing a lot of games is low for me ..not got the right mindset and application to play consistently at a high level ...maximum level will be English championship equivalent - likely in a league around Europe

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

Anybody who has ever watched football can see he has a bit of ability. But does he use it often enough? Definitely not and 3 league goals 23 games in to the season shows that.

He really frustrates me because he’s obviously capable but we can’t just keep saying that.
    OK. Let's send Dodge to link up with midfield and run at defenders and leave Flo to hang around the 6 yard box - we'll see who gets more goals.

(And I'm in no way criticising Doidge and the role he fills.)

OK. Let's send Dodge to link up with midfield and run at defenders and leave Flo to hang around the 6 yard box - we'll see who gets more goals.

Is he even doing that effectively? I think Doidge is offering a lot more than just hanging around. In fact, it’s his hard work and running around that is getting him his rewards IMO.

Kamberi has more ability than Doidge, by a distance, but he can’t just rely on that. And whatever way it’ll look at it, there is nowhere near enough end product from him. He needs to be getting goals.

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Yes hopefully gets a big money transfer out of our club to a higher level

I watch him every week and I am firmly in the camp that he cannot play with his back to goal cannae trap a ball cannae beat a man and everything has to fall right for him to perform and yes he would probably prefer for everything to be set up for Flo to play and be the star and please oh please cut out the stupid flicks to no one in particular

Yes he played well Aberdeen home Dundee United away but we need to see it more often and goals would be nice

Omeonga a close second for most skilful

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    He probably will get a decent move..but the likelihood of him holding down a starting role and playing a lot of games is low for me ..not got the right mindset and application to play consistently at a high level ...maximum level will be English championship equivalent - likely in a league around Europe

What’s the answer to your question? Who would get more goals?

Are you seriously saying Doidge doesn’t link up with the midfield? It’s ANY strikers job to do that and he does it very well btw..

The levels of excuse for Flo’s inconsistency are almost comical.

What I remember about Stevie Archibald he was always in the mood totally committed a 100 % professional never petulant you always got the same high level performance from him every game and a real team player

You sometimes got the impression that he would stop now and again look around and think to himself “ What the f#@k am I doing here?” After all he turned down Liverpool for us

Legend!

Are you forgetting that he more or less went on strike at Hibs ?

LOL - best post I’ve ever seen here!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Are you forgetting that he more or less went on strike at Hibs ?
    http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.u...teve-archibald

Ha Ha!

Hardly a strike

He played his last game for HIBS v Dundee United 6/1/1990 in a 0-0 draw

Later that month dropped totally from the squad for a midweek clash at Motherwell and hailed a taxi back to Edinburgh

I would say more of a personality clash with Lexo certainly not the first or the last I give you Dougie Bell and Budgie

There is an archive thread on here entitled Stevie Archibald where posters do not have a bad word to say about the guy a Hibernian Hero played 54 scored 18 folk testifying that he would train alone at Easter Road in the afternoon on top of that he got a hero’s welcome at the Pat Stanton’s birthday bash at the Usher Hall back in August

Steve Archibald should be nowhere near a thread on Florian Kamberi and I mean that in the nicest possible way

http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.u...teve-archibald

Ha Ha!

Hardly a strike

He played his last game for HIBS v Dundee United 6/1/1990 in a 0-0 draw

Later that month dropped totally from the squad for a midweek clash at Motherwell and hailed a taxi back to Edinburgh

I would say more of a personality clash with Lexo certainly not the first or the last I give you Dougie Bell and Budgie

There is an archive thread on here entitled Stevie Archibald where posters do not have a bad word to say about the guy a Hibernian Hero played 54 scored 18 folk testifying that he would train alone at Easter Road in the afternoon on top of that he got a hero’s welcome at the Pat Stanton’s birthday bash at the Usher Hall back in August

Steve Archibald should be nowhere near a thread on Florian Kamberi and I mean that in the nicest possible way
    You’re being a bit presumptuous here as I was a huge admirer or Archibald - absolutely different class. He did actually disappear a couple of times during his spell though and played very little during that 2nd season. It was due to a fall out with Miller but he wasn’t always entirely respectful to Hibs during his stay.

Him and Flo are certainly polar opposites in terms of how they used their ability - no doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    You’re being a bit presumptuous here as I was a huge admirer or Archibald - absolutely different class. He did actually disappear a couple of times during his spell though and played very little during that 2nd season. It was due to a fall out with Miller but he wasn’t always entirely respectful to Hibs during his stay.

Him and Flo are certainly polar opposites in terms of how they used their ability - no doubt about that.
    At least we agree on one thing

I was never a big fan of Archibald until he signed for us but what a player!

He would bring the ball under control immediately with his first touch be it foot thigh head or chest buying himself valuable time on the ball and he always seemed to have an awareness of what was going on around about bringing others into play or scoring himself

Jock Stein was a big admirer that was why he kept picking him for Scotland but Big Jock was also an admirer of Willie Hamilton and a certain Patrick Gordon Stanton

I have the image of Archie standing at the Gorgie Road end hands aloft Henry Smith sprawled oan the deck and the ba in the onion bag saved to my iPhone

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

Being dropped would be deserved I would play 2 up Boyle and Doidge.

Left by mutual consent!
    Flo would be a much better player if he would simplifiy his game by laying the ball off more to those in better positions or holding the ball up instead of constantly looking to take on one defender too many as is his instinct. He continually runs into trouble and more often than not goes on to lose the ball when the better option was to pass it to a teammate and retain possesion. He's definitely got the attributes to be a very good forward but his decision making when on the ball is not what it could be, hopefully Jack is working on that with him.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankhfc View Post
    Flo would be a much better player if he would simplifiy his game by laying the ball off more to those in better positions or holding the ball up instead of constantly looking to take on one defender too many as is his instinct. He continually runs into trouble and more often than not goes on to lose the ball when the better option was to pass it to a teammate and retain possesion. He's definitely got the attributes to be a very good forward but his decision making when on the ball is not what it could be, hopefully Jack is working on that with him.
    I think that's right.

I've never been convinced by Flo, but I think he would be a much more productive player, if he played within himself and dolif the easy, simple things well.

I won't be disappointed if he goes to Poznan because, although there's something there, I doubt he'll ever realise it.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    That’s been his problem since we signed him after his loan deal. I tend to agree with those who say he’s the most talented player at the club, but that’s not enough to make him our best player. His decision making is awful at times and he appears to play more for himself than the team. I’ve personally run out of patience with him, but I’d love Ross to be able to harness his potential and make him a club legend. As it stands I’d take whatever the polish team are offering. Sadly.

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    I’m sure Ross will be aware of the anti Kamberi sentiment among the fans, especially if he reads this board and social media. It’ll be interesting to see if he bows to fan ‘pressure’ or stays his own man and tries to mould him into more of a team player.

How can people say he plays for himself when against Hamilton he played in Horgan and Boyle for open goals which they missed(fortunately Doidge followed up Boyle’s).In both cases he could have shot for goals himself.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    How can people say he plays for himself when against Hamilton he played in Horgan and Boyle for open goals which they missed(fortunately Doidge followed up Boyle’s).In both cases he could have shot for goals himself.
    People can say anything. Doesn't mean they have a clue what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Horgan hit that shot too perfect just the right height for the keeper really needed to lift his head and pick out the bottom corner

Maybe being too harsh on the wee man it all happened in a split second and yes well played by Flo and a superb pass from Jackson to Flo in the build up to the Doidge goal

According to Richard Gordon Doidge was “lucky” to score that goal

@hibs.net private member
    I agree with that and the same could be said for Scott Allan. I don't agree with those that question Flo in terms of work rate. I think he works harder than Doidge and covers more ground. Flo has played some superb passes this year and although he has been a bit in and out of form I doubt we will be able to replace him with better.