hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano Kirsty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we need to be worrying more about our finances to be honest. Not in the sense that we’re struggling but I’m not yet convinced that Mr Gordon is the saviour he has been made out to be. Olli being sold to Ross County for example, I understand that was against the managers wishes.
    maybe they made an offer we couldn't refuse?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Direct debits from people who have no life and/or sad life's.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk
    They might be a bunch of weirdos, but they are a pretty loyal and generous bunch, i’ll give them that.

Wish we had more paying to HSL like they do.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Is it not a bit strange that the Yams mystery "benefactors" have managed to remain totally anonymous? I wonder why.
    I asked this on a thread a few weeks ago but it got buried or nobody knew the answer;

In this day an age of very strict money laundering regulations, how can a business accept money from an anonymous source?

I appreciate that some high up at Hearts will know, but surely their auditors have to know this to sign off the accounts?

Anyway, i’ve always just assumed the person is old Annie herself.
    Last edited by wallpaperman; 25-01-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Direct debits from people who have no life and/or sad life's.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk
    I'll remind you about the VERY loyal HSL contributors - I guess you don't, and would never, donate to Hibs if it came to the crunch. I'd say we are a better club than posters like yourself suggest we are.

I do not get why these threads keep appearing. Their finances are not our concern, their overspending has ****ed them once and it's clear we will be in different splits this season showing any overspending isn't giving them any advantage.

Put the energy into our own club and stop looking over our shoulders.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    It was Oli who pushed the move through as he wanted first team football

But don’t let that get in the way of your narrative
    Ross said he would rather it had been a loan deal. Oli would have the same chance of first team football going on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    They might be a bunch of weirdos, but they are a pretty loyal and generous bunch, i’ll give them that.

Wish we had more paying to HSL like they do.
    Thing is, to me at least, HSL just comes across a bit tin pot. Stuff like 2000 sauzees or whatever the feick is just sounds like nonsense.

Granted I don't know the inner workings of the hearts scheme but they seem to do a lot better than the hibs one

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    maybe they made an offer we couldn't refuse?
    You’re probably correct and in my personal opinion he wasn’t going to have much of a future at us.

But it’ll be interesting to see how much of the cash Jack gets to spend ?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano Kirsty View Post
    You’re probably correct and in my personal opinion he wasn’t going to have much of a future at us.

But it’ll be interesting to see how much of the cash Jack gets to spend ?
    Of course, very interesting. However I do believe if Jamie gullan had not have had a goal scoring run then we wouldn't have sold Oli.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm pretty sure both Hibs and Hearts spend a similar percentage of turnover on salaries (approx. 55% I think) and I'm sure they wouldn't have spent more on Boyce than we did on Doidge or else they would have called this out on an official communication to remind us all that they are the big team.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Why do people care about this? Someone puts money into a football club. End of story.

I asked this on a thread a few weeks ago but it got buried or nobody knew the answer;

In this day an age of very strict money laundering regulations, how can a business accept money from an anonymous source?

I appreciate that some high up at Hearts will know, but surely their auditors have to know this to sign off the accounts?

The source isn't anonymous to the club, and the auditors will be able to see who it is from. However the source can request anonymity which means that they aren't publicly named.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    I'm pretty sure both Hibs and Hearts spend a similar percentage of turnover on salaries (approx. 55% I think) and I'm sure they wouldn't have spent more on Boyce than we did on Doidge or else they would have called this out on an official communication to remind us all that they are the big team.
    The percentages are roughly the same, but they spent £1.5m more than us on the two clubs accounts for 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
    £6 per week for Boyce, 3.5 year deal. Might be the reason he opted for them rather than Aberdeen.
    plus it's easier to get to belfast from Edinburgh if he gets loaned to linfield 😂

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    Thing is, to me at least, HSL just comes across a bit tin pot. Stuff like 2000 sauzees or whatever the feick is just sounds like nonsense.

Granted I don't know the inner workings of the hearts scheme but they seem to do a lot better than the hibs one
    STOP IT!

Any group of fans putting their hands in their pocket are anything but "tin pot". Have a word with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
    £6 per week for Boyce, 3.5 year deal. Might be the reason he opted for them rather than Aberdeen.
    I can't believe we're not competing for a signing with clubs that are paying £6 in wages!

I hope Ron Gordon's at the game on Tuesday so I can have a word. That's an outrage!

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    This talk if £6k a week for Boyce.....JHC £6k a week...hearts...I never thought they'd ***** that sort of money.
    Got me thinking, what's the hibs guys on ?
    Anyone in the know any idea ?....cant believe we'd have anyone on that.
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    This talk if £6k a week for Boyce.....JHC £6k a week...hearts...I never thought they'd ***** that sort of money.
    Got me thinking, what's the hibs guys on ?
    Anyone in the know any idea ?....cant believe we'd have anyone on that.
    there has been consistent chat that some of the guys signed this season by us are on a serious wedge. I’ve heard from numerous sources that at least Doidge and Vella got the same level of wages ..6k a week.....that is almost Sauzee type of money. Surprised me at first...but the people that have commented are football people..so has made me think there’s some truth in it..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Let them crack on with what their doing. Reality is they have spent more than any other team outside the Old Firm this season and they sit bottom of the league, with us more than double the amount of points in front of them, even after gifting them a win. They still have their former DOF/Manager on the books as well as his side kick who managed to get more points in his two home games in charge than Stendel has since his arrival. Told their captain to go and train with the reserves leading to him publicly criticising the management in place. Letting two of their strikers leave the club who then go and score on their debuts, whilst they fail to score in Dingwall. But it's all good because their manager goes for a pint with the fans, when he's not back in Germany.
    Last edited by Hibeesmad; 26-01-2020 at 05:53 AM.

Couldn't care less about their finances just find it highly amusing they are bottom of the league and likely to get relegated.

I'll enjoy watching them get pumped today too and the fact they are once again going to finish behind us. #pleasing #mindthatgap
    Last edited by Since90+2; 26-01-2020 at 05:57 AM.

Testimonial Due

Agree that is my take. Why did not the money not appear when they needed saved? Nobody would put that amount of money in without some control of how it was used. The many spun benefactors have been debunked. Queen B could easily use a front vehicle to pump the money through. All we know whatever it is it s not sustainable and the end game us in sight. They will have to cut their cloth accordingly. So far the over spend has taken them to bottom of the league by 4 points and disastrous stand project. Looking forward to the next few years.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Maybe it’s a back door man? :)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Why are we obsessed about there finances

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Why are we obsessed about there finances
    Because of the dishonest and insane way they have run and are running the club financially, it is another club to beat them with. Plus it is essentially cheating in the past and not sustainable currently. Their deluded fans have always thought it was not an issue just as they think they are a big team on the verge of conquering Europe and all their signings will become world beaters.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    I do not get why these threads keep appearing. Their finances are not our concern, their overspending has ****ed them once and it's clear we will be in different splits this season showing any overspending isn't giving them any advantage.

Put the energy into our own club and stop looking over our shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Complaining about Hearts spending levels is a bit desperate.

It really is none of our business.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Correct - they have some person / people who want to give them cash.....a bit like the lotto winner did with Partick.

There are far worse and more murky things going on in sport than some radge wanting to give them money and remain anonymous, its entirely fine.

Why would we not be concerned with HMFC finances? Outside the OF, there’s only 2 trophies vaguely up for grabs each year in Scotland. On the off chance that both celtic and rangers mess up one year and leave a trophy up for grabs amongst the also-rans, then the club who spends the most money is the one most likely to be lifting it.

If our local rivals are winning trophies due to tens of millions of extra money spent then I think it’s something that needs to be highlighted. Their previous spend of £100m+ won them 3 Scottish Cups in a time when we were spending our money on stadium and infrastructure so were under sever financial handicap.

Fortunately their recent spend of £25m plus the £5m extra funding that will need to be be pumped in to the end of this season has only got them to the bottom of the league and built them a garbage stand who’s players tunnel doesn’t even line up with the centre line. Their club is being run by a clueless idiot and the more laughs it gives to us the better.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    Why would we not be concerned with HMFC finances? Outside the OF, there’s only 2 trophies vaguely up for grabs each year in Scotland. On the off chance that both celtic and rangers mess up one year and leave a trophy up for grabs amongst the also-rans, then the club who spends the most money is the one most likely to be lifting it.

If our local rivals are winning trophies due to tens of millions of extra money spent then I think it’s something that needs to be highlighted. Their previous spend of £100m+ won them 3 Scottish Cups in a time when we were spending our money on stadium and infrastructure so were under sever financial handicap.

Fortunately their recent spend of £25m plus the £5m extra funding that will need to be be pumped in to the end of this season has only got them to the bottom of the league and built them a garbage stand who’s players tunnel doesn’t even line up with the centre line. Their club is being run by a clueless idiot and the more laughs it gives to us the better.
    I sat through 22 and 17 in a row, 4-0 and 5-1. I am enjoying every minute of this Jambo farce.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    The source isn't anonymous to the club, and the auditors will be able to see who it is from. However the source can request anonymity which means that they aren't publicly named.
    Thanks Eyrie, I kind of thought the auditors would be the ones who had to know. They must run a tight ship as no names ever got out, only rumours.

I think the long and short of any thread about Hearts finances is that while there are benefactors (mystery or named) willing to plug any shortfalls, and they have a lot coming in each year through the FOH, they are financially in an OK position.

Clearly not the self sufficient model they try and make out, but when has that ever been the case in most of our lifetimes.

Testimonial Due
    Thanks Eyrie, I kind of thought the auditors would be the ones who had to know. They must run a tight ship as no names ever got out, only rumours.

I think the long and short of any thread about Hearts finances is that while there are benefactors (mystery or named) willing to plug any shortfalls, and they have a lot coming in each year through the FOH, they are financially in an OK position.

Clearly not the self sufficient model they try and make out, but when has that ever been the case in most of our lifetimes.
    I think the point is that FOH money will dry up once the shares go into fans hands and that these donations are not sustainable. That will mean Hearts operating on a much smaller budget than they are now with all that implies. They will have no access to credit and have to live within their real income.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Are we no meant to have a hertz megathread? Should this and the 15 point back thread not be merged into it? Otherwise what’s the point of the megathread?
    Honest, I’m not the sort of person who sorts and aligns things on his desk into size, colour and shapes😏

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    Are we no meant to have a hertz megathread? Should this and the 15 point back thread not be merged into it? Otherwise what’s the point of the megathread?
    Honest, I’m not the sort of person who sorts and aligns things on his desk into size, colour and shapes
    While they are bottom of the league I think it calls for a 3 pronged attack