hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

First Team Breakthrough

Hearts’ Finances?

Correct me if I’m wrong but the amount of cash they are *****ing on people like Boyce and the numerous others they have bought over the past few years must be in breach of UEFA financial regulations. From the official UEFA website:

“The UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations were established to prevent professional football clubs spending more than they earn in the pursuit of success and in doing so getting into financial problems which might threaten their long-term survival. “

“More than they earn” - they must be in breach of this while I can’t recall every signing theyv made was there squad not about 35 players? Naismith Boyce Halkit etc would have cost a lot with virtually nobody being sold.It cover the past few years so I’m sure I’m missing lots too.

It just makes no sense how they have all this money anyway.clearly gaining an unfair advantage over the at Mirren Hamilton to stay up.im
    Sure those clubs would be very happy to be made aware of this breach.if they receive a financial penalty for cheating I reckon that would end then and they’d be ****ed in the championship, where they belong, next season.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broondog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct me if I’m wrong but the amount of cash they are *****ing on people like Boyce and the numerous others they have bought over the past few years must be in breach of UEFA financial regulations. From the official UEFA website:

“The UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations were established to prevent professional football clubs spending more than they earn in the pursuit of success and in doing so getting into financial problems which might threaten their long-term survival. “

“More than they earn” - they must be in breach of this while I can’t recall every signing theyv made was there squad not about 35 players? Naismith Boyce Halkit etc would have cost a lot with virtually nobody being sold.It cover the past few years so I’m sure I’m missing lots too.

It just makes no sense how they have all this money anyway.clearly gaining an unfair advantage over the at Mirren Hamilton to stay up.im
    Sure those clubs would be very happy to be made aware of this breach.if they receive a financial penalty for cheating I reckon that would end then and they’d be ****ed in the championship, where they belong, next season.
    They seem to be lucky enough to have a few mystery benefactors. I presume that these sources of "income" will be legitimately allowed.

Do Scottish teams even do financial fair play ?

If not it's a pretty straight forward question the SFA should be accountable for.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    They seem to be lucky enough to have a few mystery benefactors. I presume that these sources of "income" will be legitimately allowed.
    Just as well these benefactors stood back and kept their powder dry whilst the odd jambo here and there gave up their Christmas presents to buy shares of which certificates were never made or received. Kinda like “maroon on maroon”.

So someone correct me if I’m wrong - apart from not having a say in how things are run, you can pump money into the club tax-free through “contributions”. Even more valuable than ST revenue as it’s money for nothing (and tax-free).

They’ve played a blinder if that’s the case - I’m sure Lithuanian pensioners agree.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AlienDoidge9
    FFP does not exist in Scottish football

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeForHeros16 View Post
    FFP does not exist in Scottish football
    https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/club-licensing/

It most certainly does.my guess would be no club until now has breached the rules as most of the league sell regularly and replace players cheaper.my point is this is certainly not what they’ve been doing.it doesn’t matter if fans cash is coming in.its that clubs have to “balance the books” then again you would know this if you bothered to read the regulation

Quote Originally Posted by broondog View Post
    https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/club-licensing/

It most certainly does.my guess would be no club until now has breached the rules as most of the league sell regularly and replace players cheaper.my point is this is certainly not what they’ve been doing.it doesn’t matter if fans cash is coming in.its that clubs have to “balance the books” then again you would know this if you bothered to read the regulation
    Haven't got time to read all the documents currently - does it state how finances are checked?

Club licensing slightly different to teams spending money from mystery people.

Do they not have millions coming from their fans every season?

Left by mutual consent!
    On hearing about Saracens demotion for breaching their wage cap, what do folks up here think about a wage cap in the Scottish Premiership?

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    On hearing about Saracens demotion for breaching their wage cap, what do folks up here think about a wage cap in the Scottish Premiership?
    Old Firm would never agree - also would you want Hibs to be limited to teams like Livi.

Similar to the TV deal the Old Firm pretty much run the game up here.

Sad state of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Don't think it's workable. Every other league in Europe would be at an advantage.

Left by mutual consent!
    Direct debits from people who have no life and/or sad life's.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post

How’s that? Do you say the same about HSL donators?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    How’s that? Do you say the same about HSL donators?
    You and me must be right saddos, eh Tam?

I am looking forward to being even sadder next year and getting a strip with my name on it

First Team Regular
    £6 per week for Boyce, 3.5 year deal. Might be the reason he opted for them rather than Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
    £6 per week for Boyce, 3.5 year deal. Might be the reason he opted for them rather than Aberdeen.
    Aberdeen only offering £4.50 like?

plus it's easier to get to belfast from Edinburgh if he gets loaned to linfield 😂

I can't believe we're not competing for a signing with clubs that are paying £6 in wages!

I hope Ron Gordon's at the game on Tuesday so I can have a word. That's an outrage!

They might be a bunch of weirdos, but they are a pretty loyal and generous bunch, i’ll give them that.

Wish we had more paying to HSL like they do.

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    They might be a bunch of weirdos, but they are a pretty loyal and generous bunch, i’ll give them that.

Wish we had more paying to HSL like they do.
    Thing is, to me at least, HSL just comes across a bit tin pot. Stuff like 2000 sauzees or whatever the feick is just sounds like nonsense.

Granted I don't know the inner workings of the hearts scheme but they seem to do a lot better than the hibs one

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    Thing is, to me at least, HSL just comes across a bit tin pot. Stuff like 2000 sauzees or whatever the feick is just sounds like nonsense.

Granted I don't know the inner workings of the hearts scheme but they seem to do a lot better than the hibs one
    STOP IT!

Any group of fans putting their hands in their pocket are anything but "tin pot". Have a word with yourself.

I'll remind you about the VERY loyal HSL contributors - I guess you don't, and would never, donate to Hibs if it came to the crunch. I'd say we are a better club than posters like yourself suggest we are.

I do not get why these threads keep appearing. Their finances are not our concern, their overspending has ****ed them once and it's clear we will be in different splits this season showing any overspending isn't giving them any advantage.

Put the energy into our own club and stop looking over our shoulders.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    I do not get why these threads keep appearing. Their finances are not our concern, their overspending has ****ed them once and it's clear we will be in different splits this season showing any overspending isn't giving them any advantage.

Put the energy into our own club and stop looking over our shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Complaining about Hearts spending levels is a bit desperate.

It really is none of our business.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Correct - they have some person / people who want to give them cash.....a bit like the lotto winner did with Partick.

There are far worse and more murky things going on in sport than some radge wanting to give them money and remain anonymous, its entirely fine.

Why would we not be concerned with HMFC finances? Outside the OF, there’s only 2 trophies vaguely up for grabs each year in Scotland. On the off chance that both celtic and rangers mess up one year and leave a trophy up for grabs amongst the also-rans, then the club who spends the most money is the one most likely to be lifting it.

If our local rivals are winning trophies due to tens of millions of extra money spent then I think it’s something that needs to be highlighted. Their previous spend of £100m+ won them 3 Scottish Cups in a time when we were spending our money on stadium and infrastructure so were under sever financial handicap.

Fortunately their recent spend of £25m plus the £5m extra funding that will need to be be pumped in to the end of this season has only got them to the bottom of the league and built them a garbage stand who’s players tunnel doesn’t even line up with the centre line. Their club is being run by a clueless idiot and the more laughs it gives to us the better.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    Why would we not be concerned with HMFC finances? Outside the OF, there’s only 2 trophies vaguely up for grabs each year in Scotland. On the off chance that both celtic and rangers mess up one year and leave a trophy up for grabs amongst the also-rans, then the club who spends the most money is the one most likely to be lifting it.

If our local rivals are winning trophies due to tens of millions of extra money spent then I think it’s something that needs to be highlighted. Their previous spend of £100m+ won them 3 Scottish Cups in a time when we were spending our money on stadium and infrastructure so were under sever financial handicap.

Fortunately their recent spend of £25m plus the £5m extra funding that will need to be be pumped in to the end of this season has only got them to the bottom of the league and built them a garbage stand who’s players tunnel doesn’t even line up with the centre line. Their club is being run by a clueless idiot and the more laughs it gives to us the better.
    I sat through 22 and 17 in a row, 4-0 and 5-1. I am enjoying every minute of this Jambo farce.

Left by mutual consent!
    No really worth the discussion in the middle of a hibs game, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    No really worth the discussion in the middle of a hibs game, surely?
    But it's worth having a discussion during a Hibs game about what's worth discussing during a Hibs game?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    But it's worth having a discussion during a Hibs game about what's worth discussing during a Hibs game?
    Correct 👍 game was up the pole and nothing really happening when I looked at the thread.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I don't care about their finances, I do hope they continue to waste the significant financial advantage that they have though.

To have spent what they've spent and have a half-finished stand and a relegation battle to show for it is marvelous.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I don't care about their finances, I do hope they continue to waste the significant financial advantage that they have though.

To have spent what they've spent and have a half-finished stand and a relegation battle to show for it is marvelous.
    They pay way over the odds for everything from wages to infrastructure. The 'benefactor' and the 'simple' fans are taking a solid financial hit, which is great karma