hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our league record under Ross so far is

P - 11, W - 5, D - 2, L - 4

Plus one draw in the cup to Dundee United.

It's not a bad record but I'm hoping we can do better than that.
    That's his overall record. Take out the cup game and it's a 50% win ratio from his ten league games - which is very good.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Getting Boyle back has been the major factor for me. Doidge starting to score goals also.
    I reckon Hecky was a tad unlucky in this respect.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Getting Boyle back has been the major factor for me. Doidge starting to score goals also.
    I reckon Hecky was a tad unlucky in this respect.
    We started winning games when Boyle was still regaining fitness and coming off the bench.

Doidge started scoring as soon as he had a striking partner. That he didn't before was Hecky's choice and nothing to do with luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    We started winning games when Boyle was still regaining fitness and coming off the bench.

Doidge started scoring as soon as he had a striking partner. That he didn't before was Hecky's choice and nothing to do with luck.
    Bang on. I'm afraid Hecky made his own luck. Played Doidge up front on his own and he struggled. Puts a player up with him and he turns into a goal machine. Same with Newell and playing him out wide. I remember when he signed, Joe said he wasn't a winger. Hecky leaves and the boy looks class in the middle. Credit Hecky for signing them but he really didn't know how to get the best out them

First Team Breakthrough my left peg's Avatar
    He needs backed in the transfer market.

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Given the position that we were in when he arrived, even after that big win away at St. Johnstone, I really don't think we could have asked for much better than we've had from nearly a full cycle of fixtures. The OF are miles ahead and have beaten us comfortably, but we have comfortably beaten the 3rd and 4th best teams at home, and Hearts away, with the St. Mirren and Hamilton wins being very timely also.

I've seen better Hibs team than this one go away up north midweek and come away with nothing, same goes for Livi at Almondvale, where their record is superb. The only one that sticks in my throat a bit is the Killie draw at home, as we were superb that day - win that and it really would have been an outstanding start.

Our propensity to throw away leads, and the amount of goals were are conceding are still a concern - but as I said before JR has doubled PH's point per game tally for this season to a very healthy 1.6, and if you look at where we are versus the league table when he arrived, the improvement is significant in such a short space of time.

Attachment 22931

Very optimistic that we have the right man, and that we are going to be a very enjoyable team to watch.
    Word for word. Can’t complain.

Left by mutual consent!
    No bad, he’s here for the long run though and give him time and backing he will turn us into a force in the league.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    7.5/10.

Happy with the progress we have clearly made. We still require surgery and the injury list is not helping our cause. Think he demonstrated well against Hamilton he’s got a good awareness of how to turn a game around when our chips are down.

2 of those defeats were against Rangers and Celtic and whilst I don't like admitting it, they are both operating on a different level entirely.

We've had 4 disappointing results so far under Jack Ross, at Ross County, Livingston and Dundee Utd and at home to Kilmarnock.

Still not a fantastic ratio but I'm confident that once he sorts our defence out then we'll improve massively.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    2 of those defeats were against Rangers and Celtic and whilst I don't like admitting it, they are both operating on a different level entirely.

We've had 4 disappointing results so far under Jack Ross, at Ross County, Livingston and Dundee Utd and at home to Kilmarnock.

Still not a fantastic ratio but I'm confident that once he sorts our defence out then we'll improve massively.
    I'd say you can't yet call Dundee United a disappointing result. If we go and win the replay then I'd say that was job done in the Tannadice game, and Ross didn't slip on a very big banana peel in the form of a trip to the high-flying runaway leaders of the second tier.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    I'd say you can't yet call Dundee United a disappointing result. If we go and win the replay then I'd say that was job done in the Tannadice game, and Ross didn't slip on a very big banana peel in the form of a trip to the high-flying runaway leaders of the second tier.
    Being ahead twice against a team from a lower division and failing to win the game should always be considered as a disappointing result.

Being ahead twice against a team from a lower division and failing to win the game should always be considered as a disappointing result.
    I disagree...technically they are a lower league team but we all know they are an SPL team in all but name and at the very least they will be upper bottom 6 too

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    I disagree...technically they are a lower league team but we all know they are an SPL team in all but name and at the very least they will be upper bottom 6 too
    Really? I thought they were garbage last Sunday and nowhere near as good as Hamilton were in the first half on Wednesday and they're second bottom of the Premiership.

We were by far the better team in that game and should have won. The fact we didn't is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    They were crap, had two shots on target and we should have had the tie done and dusted. The way it went it was definitely a disappointing result.

Form from the last 10 league games has us 4th.

That's a good job with an average squad. Hopefully we can deliver a few better players in January and summer and we can finish 5th this year and have a positive end to the season.

I suspect we will lose today however and we'll be back to having folk moan about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Form from the last 10 league games has us 4th.

That's a good job with an average squad. Hopefully we can deliver a few better players in January and summer and we can finish 5th this year and have a positive end to the season.

I suspect we will lose today however and we'll be back to having folk moan about him.
    Folk will moan if we lose today because, if we do, any hope of reaching the European places is gone. That might not all be down to him, and I haven’t seen too much criticism directed at him in fairness, but more so at the club generally IMO.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    There has been a definite improvement since he came in and his use of subs during games has been very good. We're still far too inconsistent for my liking though, and the biggest disappointment for me was our performances in the games v Rangers and Celtic in December - we were passive and didn't lay a glove on them. A B- on the report card for me, with Hecky being a D-

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Folk will moan if we lose today because, if we do, any hope of reaching the European places is gone. That might not all be down to him, and I haven’t seen too much criticism directed at him in fairness, but more so at the club generally IMO.
    But that's not his fault. That's down to the poor start we made under Hecky.

Also, we would still have a decent chance of making the European places by either 1) winning the Scottish or 2) finishing 4th, which would still be achievable (assuming one of the Old firm win it).

@hibs.net private member
    For me I think we potentially have a cracking manager. Will be v interesting to see what we’re like when he had his own players in but Hibs and Ross seem like a good fit

It's the equivalent of a round of league fixtures, so I wouldn't discount the two Ugly Sister games.

I'd think five wins from eleven is a good ratio when we look at our history since the top flight changed to playing each other four times.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

First half Vs Hamilton probably as bad as we've played all season. Livi was also absolutely brutal, no gameplan at all.

I'm not sure yet, I definitely had a bad feeling at half time on Wednesday that he was clueless.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    No bad, he’s here for the long run though and give him time and backing he will turn us into a force in the league.

Feel confident we are on the right path with Jack.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    First half Vs Hamilton probably as bad as we've played all season. Livi was also absolutely brutal, no gameplan at all.

I'm not sure yet, I definitely had a bad feeling at half time on Wednesday that he was clueless.

I have that bad feeling about a lot of your posts.

We've only played 10 league games so far under Jack Ross, your stats include the Dundee Utd game, the draw with them isn't on top of those stats.

B- for me.

We are undoubtedly better than under the previous incumbent but that was a low starting point. We look more threatening going forward but still look very vulnerable defensively. He has shown more flexibility than Heckingbottom, which is a huge positive, would he have changed the shape straight after HT on Wednesday?

It's not a one window fix. The defence needs a rebuild over the next couple of seasons as age continues to catch up with the stalwarts. People can argue about it not being fair to criticise these guys but age waits for no man. They all need replaced in the coming 2 or 3 seasons. Natural squad evolution also means there is a rotating door at most clubs in Scotland. I'd hope we are in a better position this time next year and I've seen enough to suggest Ross can deliver that.

P - 11 W - 5, D - 2, L - 4

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    That's his overall record. Take out the cup game and it's a 50% win ratio from his ten league games - which is very good.

Take out the Cup Game and it's

P - 10, W - 5, D - 1, L - 4
    Last edited by Keith_M; 25-01-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Take out the Cup Game and it's

P - 11, W - 5, D - 1, L - 4
    An I missing a joke?

5+1+4 = 10.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Compared to the dull defensive football under the last incumbent.JR has been a breath of fresh air .
    Yes we have had some setbacks but overall , the football,style,tempo has been good to watch .
    Finishing fourth will be a big ask but you never no . A win today would certainly help .
    Needs a decent defensive midfielder in this window. A quality striker and Effe would also help .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    An I missing a joke?

5+1+4 = 10.
    Looks like they have took out the cup draw with UTD but forgot to take it off the total games played .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

And at full time?