hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mmmm.... Well let's hope Ross has bought into it.
    I’ve heard he is very keen to work with it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I’ve heard he is very keen to work with it.
    Good to know"'

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    For the most part, neither did Lennon or Stubbs. Apart from their former players that is.

In 2014 after a revolving door of managers and faceless journeymen, the Hibs board accepted a proposal for a fundamental restructuring of the club. It was based upon a model designed by the Lets Work Together Vision group and known as The Hibernian Way’.

The Chairman’s executive responsibilities would end and a CEO appointed. LD had been targeted eight months earlier. A Director of Football would run the football operation and the CEO the business. The DOF would recruit a Head Coach and also scout and sign players that fitted the club profile and who would play the Hibs brand of attacking football.

Under that model there was still to be scope for Head Coach suggestions.For example Lennon wanted Vela. But ultimately the style of play and all the recruitment has been the responsibility of Graeme Mathie. The Head Coach is hired and fired by Mathie, not Dempster.

His summer recruits were sourced for a long term future at the club and in recent months we are starting to see what he and his team saw when they were scouted. So apart from Lennon’s Vela, they may yet all make the grade.

Credit where credit’s due to Mathie and his team. However jthe decision that Vela was a better DM than Bartley was a stinker of a call. That will be the last time he trusts the judgement of a Head Coach when it comes to a signing.
    Said the same thing a few weeks ago and got slated for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer1875 View Post
    Said the same thing a few weeks ago and got slated for it.

As did the OP... who then backtracked and accepted HC still has a major say, but football dept does too.

The bulk of the summer recruitments were not sourced by GMs guys. The head coach provides a list of requirements to the recruitment team. They then source candidates fitting that profile. These candidates are then presented to the head coach to decide if they want to take things further. The head coach can go with it or do his own thing - as happened in the summer with the majority of the signings.

There are a number of key indicators the team use to flag up prospective new signings and that list is being added to. The guys put in a power of work but the model isn’t rigid in so far as the head coach is stuck with their recommendations. That’s how it works at a high level and I don’t intend going into it in any more detail.

The thread title is ridiculous and plain wrong. You got your attention though.
    Excellent summary Tamiig. I could have written that myself. But then others would have simply howled nonsense

However you have almost completely failed to point out any aspect of my first post about the restructuring of the club that is incorrect.. I am happy to stand corrected too as there may be some areas I’ve got a poor memory of from those meetings

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    George Craig was in place when Stubbs was here. Who takes the credit for the successful signings under his tenure? Does it really matter?

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Excellent summary Tamiig. I could have written that myself. But then others would have simply howled nonsense

However you have almost completely failed to point out any aspect of my first post about the restructuring of the club that is incorrect.. I am happy to stand corrected too as there may be some areas I’ve got a poor memory of from those meetings
    Your penultimate para is wide of the mark. The first section around restructuring is fine. I said in my first reply to your OP there were a few untruths.

Coaching Staff
    Your penultimate para is wide of the mark. The first section around restructuring is fine. I said in my first reply to your OP there were a few untruths.
    Bartley also left of his own accord. There was no judgement between him and Vela.

That’s fine Tamig, mistakes rather than untruths.

On Bartley is it possible Lennon didn’t fancy him long term and had lined up Vela as replacement?

To be fair to the recruitment team they were on a mission to sign younger players to replace an ageing midfield and defence.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Bartley also left of his own accord. There was no judgement between him and Vela.

He did, but because he knew Hecky clearly didn’t fancy him and I assume he wasn’t offered a new deal.

@hibs.net private member
    Don't really care who is to blame but it is pretty evident that our summer budget was blown on players who have spent the majority of their time warming the bench!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    He did, but because he knew Hecky clearly didn’t fancy him and I assume he wasn’t offered a new deal.
    Quite possible but it makes the OPs last sentence total conjecture. It’s all written as if we are being given the benefit of the truth.