hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: future plans?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are probably 10-15 guys in the pub that I know who are the same as you, give them something to grasp onto and they are as Hibs as they come.

Say the bare minimum and don’t give them any belief that the club want to be part of something special and they’ll quite happily play golf on a Sat and just go once in a while.
    quite. and there seems to b no recognition of that. the club doesnt give the impression it cares. still, on wY to motherwell regardless.

2. Log in to remove the advert

There are probably 10-15 guys in the pub that I know who are the same as you, give them something to grasp onto and they are as Hibs as they come.

Say the bare minimum and don’t give them any belief that the club want to be part of something special and they’ll quite happily play golf on a Sat and just go once in a while.
    So it’s up to the club to give them something to grasp on to. And they haven’t over the las 18 months.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    So it’s up to the club to give them something to grasp on to. And they haven’t over the las 18 months.
    I wouldn’t say the club have given the demographic being discussed a lot to grasp onto the last 18 months. Going from our best team in a couple of decades and one we had a real affinity with, back to writing off seasons midway through and just waiting until the season ends. Add in how long it took Hibs to act in sacking Heckingbottom when it was clear he was done months before and yet another squad rebuild/clear out needed.

I’ll probably renew next season anyway, but I’ve almost resigned myself to accepting that we’ve had our golden era, as fleeting as it was, and will plod along until we get another batch of youngsters through at the same time or stumble across another exceptional team we instantly feel an affinity in 10 or so year time, and the process will repeat again after that.

fact is the club have lost fan engagwment and that isnt good and veey hard to get back....2016 wont be repeated any time soon way we are going

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Of course it’s up to the club to entice these kind of guys back, unless I’ve completely misunderstood your post?

Quote Originally Posted by craigiehibs View Post
    fact is the club have lost fan engagwment and that isnt good and veey hard to get back....2016 wont be repeated any time soon way we are going
    Is it really a 'fact'? I've not seen any substantiated evidence that this the case.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    It’s also expensive going to football these days and some fans would like to see some ambition from the club before parting with a large sum of money on a ST. As you say, whether people like that fact or not is irrelevant.
    By ambition do you mean spending someone else’s money on players?

Our accounts always show we are spending what we can.

Otherwise we know we are in a good financial position overall with a new owner about to let us know his thought out plans for the club. Seems fair enough to me that whatever it is is properly thought about before we hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Is it really a 'fact'? I've not seen any substantiated evidence that this the case.
    Hard to substantiate but 900 fans down on home average attendance, speaking to the aforementioned punters in the pub who are perhaps not that enlightened but commonly say “Ron who?” and they miss the Neil Lennon type swagger that we had for 12 months.

So you’ll never get it as “fact” but it’s probably more accurate than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

Otherwise we know we are in a good financial position overall with a new owner about to let us know his thought out plans for the club. Seems fair enough to me that whatever it is is properly thought about before we hear about it.
    I don’t think ambition can always quantified as “spending someone else’s money on players”.

There are plenty of examples in major leagues where clubs operate a different model and it sees them punch above their weight.

The new owner could do some chest beating and give the fans some future vision for a start. He is also a wealthy new owner all the way from the USA, most other clubs in this position see a bit of player investment to get fans on board. Not necessarily spending someone else’s money. Folk will vote with their feet though as we’ve witnessed over many years with Hibs. I will as usual get my ST but have my doubts that 13,500 will do the same if we keep in the path we’re on. That may or may not change by the end of the window of course. 🤞

Hard to substantiate but 900 fans down on home average attendance, speaking to the aforementioned punters in the pub who are perhaps not that enlightened but commonly say “Ron who?” and they miss the Neil Lennon type swagger that we had for 12 months.

So you’ll never get it as “fact” but it’s probably more accurate than not.
    I can see why crowds drop when form and results dip from previous years. But I can't see why crowds would drop, or people would stay away because an owner hasn't made a statement.

As for anecdotal evidence, I know a number of people who aren't particularly upset at how the club is currently run.

I guess we wait and see.

Coaching Staff
    The new owner could do some chest beating and give the fans some future vision for a start. He is also a wealthy new owner all the way from the USA, most other clubs in this position see a bit of player investment to get fans on board. Not necessarily spending someone else’s money. Folk will vote with their feet though as we’ve witnessed over many years with Hibs. I will as usual get my ST but have my doubts that 13,500 will do the same if we keep in the path we’re on. That may or may not change by the end of the window of course. 🤞
    So basically spout off and spend his money on players then?

I’d prefer to hear a sustainable plan.

So basically spout off and spend his money on players then?

I’d prefer to hear a sustainable plan.
    Exactly, that’s the point, we all would.

Exactly, that’s the point, we all would.
    And we will.

And we will.
    Great 👍

Great 👍
    Don't ask me when though 😂

Don't ask me when though 😂
    At least you’re honest 😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Latest from HSL...

I am now writing to you today to confirm that we have received a letter from the Club regarding the potential purchase of Shares. They have advised that “the Board is content with the balance of share ownership and will not approve the further sale or purchase of shares’’. This means that we are unable to acquire any shares from the Club or existing shareholders.

All monies donated to HSL now go to playing budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Latest from HSL...

I am now writing to you today to confirm that we have received a letter from the Club regarding the potential purchase of Shares. They have advised that “the Board is content with the balance of share ownership and will not approve the further sale or purchase of shares’’. This means that we are unable to acquire any shares from the Club or existing shareholders.

Door pretty much slammed shut.

I will await the owners plans but at the moment I'm edging towards cancelling my HSL contribution. Hopefully some drive and ambition from the club will help keep me and my additional donation on side.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Latest from HSL...

Disappointing but predictable. People clearly have the absolute right to continue to support the club and HSL in any way they want.

Personally, I paused my payments to HSL and am going to wait to see what the owner’s plans are before reconsidering.

Hopefully we don’t have to wait too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    I'm still contributing, but will reconsider if there's no attempt to reach out to the fans and do something that demonstrates there is a coherent plan to take the club forward.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Interesting, very very interesting.

The new owner immediately gave us close on £3m of his own money to pay off our mortgage giving us an extra £500k for our player budget which was put in the hands of our then manager. That hasn’t worked out too well but you can hardly blame the owner for that. If we were sitting third and playing better none of these conversations would be taking place. Our budget is currently way below Hearts and Aberdeen’s because of large annual donations to both of them. Hearts fans also donate around £1.3m per annum which is way more than we do. Despite that, they are doing a lot worse than us but their fans are standing by them. If you hear Jack Ross moaningp that he isn’t getting backed in the summer then we can start complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    The new owner immediately gave us close on £3m of his own money to pay off our mortgage giving us an extra £500k for our player budget which was put in the hands of our then manager. That hasn’t worked out too well but you can hardly blame the owner for that. If we were sitting third and playing better none of these conversations would be taking place. Our budget is currently way below Hearts and Aberdeen’s because of large annual donations to both of them. Hearts fans also donate around £1.3m per annum which is way more than we do. Despite that, they are doing a lot worse than us but their fans are standing by them. If you hear Jack Ross moaningp that he isn’t getting backed in the summer then we can start complaining.
    He bought shares from STF to purchase an asset. The money for the mortgage was owned to STF, we might never know how much RG paid for those shares nor how much STF wrote off.

We must continue to have conversations and discuss everything about the clubs finances, who owns what and where funds are directed to.

It’s worrying to read phrases like “he’s a successful businessman” or “he seems trustworthy” as there’s very little evidence of either but to counter this there’s nothing to suggest that he’s got nothing but good intentions.

He bought shares from STF to purchase an asset. The money for the mortgage was owned to STF, we might never know how much RG paid for those shares nor how much STF wrote off.

We must continue to have conversations and discuss everything about the clubs finances, who owns what and where funds are directed to.

It’s worrying to read phrases like “he’s a successful businessman” or “he seems trustworthy” as there’s very little evidence of either but to counter this there’s nothing to suggest that he’s got nothing but good intentions.
    Apart from his successful businesses, there's very little evidence.

I'll take due diligence from STF over your opinion if that's ok?

Apart from his successful businesses, there's very little evidence.

I'll take due diligence from STF over your opinion if that's ok?
    I’m sure I read the same about UKIO Bankas on JKB.. you’ll be all over that comparison but it’s a quick example so don’t get to angry, I’m not suggesting that RG is Vlad reincarnated. :)

Before you jump in with two feet again you’ll see that I’ve already mentioned the comfort of “Rod Petrie completing due diligence” in a previous post.

p.s

Why would anyone would want to ask someone they don’t know on football forum to validate their own opinion..

I know the mortgage was payable to Tom Farmer and there was no mention of him reducing what was owed.

I’m sure I read the same about UKIO Bankas on JKB.. you’ll be all over that comparison but it’s a quick example so don’t get to angry, I’m not suggesting that RG is Vlad reincarnated. :)

Before you jump in with two feet again you’ll see that I’ve already mentioned the comfort of “Rod Petrie completing due diligence” in a previous post.

p.s

Why would anyone would want to ask someone they don’t know on football forum to validate their own opinion..
    I genuinely have no idea what your point is. You were comparing Romanaov to our owner. Now you're not. I'm lost.

For me, the frustrating part is the complete lack of visibility of the club hierarchy over the last year or so. Leeann has popped up to condemn a couple of incidents where ********s have misbehaved, but apart from that I think we’ve had one interview with her, and even that was only when there started to be some murmurs that she hadn’t been seen for a while. Ron Gordon is, whether he likes it or not, seen as an absent landlord by many. His plans seemed to be getting kicked further and further down the road, and we’ve still not got an AGM date.

Whether you liked or disliked Rod Petrie, at least he was visible and available to talk at most home games when he came over to Behind the Goals, and the board under his stewardship always held the AGM every year and answered any questions that were asked of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    For me, the frustrating part is the complete lack of visibility of the club hierarchy over the last year or so. Leeann has popped up to condemn a couple of incidents where ********s have misbehaved, but apart from that I think we’ve had one interview with her, and even that was only when there started to be some murmurs that she hadn’t been seen for a while. Ron Gordon is, whether he likes it or not, seen as an absent landlord by many. His plans seemed to be getting kicked further and further down the road, and we’ve still not got an AGM date.

Whether you liked or disliked Rod Petrie, at least he was visible and available to talk at most home games when he came over to Behind the Goals, and the board under his stewardship always held the AGM every year and answered any questions that were asked of them.
    Wow