hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Halberg

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar

Halberg

I'm looking for posters on here to tell me what it is he brings to the team as I am struggling to see it?

For what i've seen from him since he joined is that he looks pretty comfortable on the ball without doing an awful lot with it. During the games he seems to hide a lot by not offering himself on collecting the ball, he doesn't have a tackle in him, his attempts at goal whether it being long range or from inside the box are pretty woeful. I had high hopes for him when he first arrived but on the last 5/6 games performances, i'm now not so sure.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm looking for posters on here to tell me what it is he brings to the team as I am struggling to see it?

For what i've seen from him since he joined is that he looks pretty comfortable on the ball without doing an awful lot with it. During the games he seems to hide a lot by not offering himself on collecting the ball, he doesn't have a tackle in him, his attempts at goal whether it being long range or from inside the box are pretty woeful. I had high hopes for him when he first arrived but on the last 5/6 games performances, i'm now not so sure.
    Glad it’s not just me then. Like Slivka, he seems to lack an urgency or energy and often looks one paced. Hoping he proves me wrong but still not actually sure what his actual qualities are.

Testimonial Due

Not very mobile or dynamic.

Brian Kerr

Promising start from him but he’s not offering nearly enough other than running about a lot. Suffered for ending up playing a position that wasn’t his natural one as well.

I don't get the hype about him at all, very very average player.

And so it begins, now Vela has gone it's obviously time for a new scapegoat, do we ever just support our players instead of ripping them to shreds.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    And so it begins, now Vela has gone it's obviously time for a new scapegoat, do we ever just support our players instead of ripping them to shreds.
    Halberg and Slivka were very poor last night. Expecting football fans not to point it out is fantasy stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like him but he was poor last night and poor on sunday.

Well said. I recall similar said about Bartley and Milligan, both of whom are now, according to some, the greatest thing since sliced bread and who we are missing.

Hallberg had a bad game last night but prior to that has often been holding the middle of the park for us single handedly without much support. He both wins and retains possession well and is mobile enough to cover a lot of territory. I think he'll benefit from Omeonga and possibly another cm to come.

Not for throwing players under the bus after one poor 45 mins.

First Team Breakthrough cabbage_88's Avatar

Just been thinking the exact same thing this morning. Hasn't really brought much at all to the table. Every time one of the centre halfs has the ball he turns his back and goes up the pitch rather than trying to get the ball and do something with it. Largely anonymous in most of the games he's played imo bar a couple.

Hoping if we get a defensive midfielder in we might start seeing the best of him. Not writing him off by any means but he needs to be doing much more.

Coaching Staff
    It happens to everyone - you get used to what they did when they came in and then expect them to be doing everything else too.

He wasn't great last night but has been excellent at the role he has been asked to play. Wins the ball well, plays it simply, has obvious ability.

After a while even the likes of Boozy used to get stick on here - doesn't tackle enough, doesn't get assists and goals....

He’s a squad player. Can be neat and tidy, good range of passing. Can’t tackle, to soft. Think he will be better with a more solid defensive midfielder in next to him

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Halberg and Slivka were very poor last night. Expecting football fans not to point it out is fantasy stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don’t disagree about last night ozy but Hallberg has done ok for us so far and beside Omeonga will do ok I hope. He’s entitled to more chances I think

Slivka has had long enough at the club to make an impression and hasn’t so his time is definitely up.

This has absolutely nothing to do With Vela leaving. I'm asking a genuine question and not ripping into anyone or looking for a scapegoat. I've also asked the same folk the same question that I go with week in week out and have much the same opinion as me.

So, i'll ask you the same question, what does he bring to the team that makes him a standout? Oh, and FWIW, I would love to see the guy put in a real decent performance as I do with all the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Don’t disagree about last night ozy but Hallberg has done ok for us so far and beside Omeonga will do ok I hope. He’s entitled to more chances I think

Slivka has had long enough at the club to make an impression and hasn’t so his time is definitely up.
    Both were awful last night but at least Slivka wasn't posted missing and was prepared to take the ball and pass (not very well) and put in a tackle, as for Halberg he did nothing, much about the same as on Sunday past.
    Last edited by green with envy; 23-01-2020 at 09:30 AM.

This has absolutely nothing to do With Vela leaving. I'm asking a genuine question and not ripping into anyone or looking for a scapegoat. I've also asked the same folk the same question that I go with week in week out and have much the same opinion as me.

So, i'll ask you the same question, what does he bring to the team that makes him a standout? Oh, and FWIW, I would love to see the guy put in a real decent performance as I do with all the players.
    He's had maybe 2 bad games since he came in, was asked to be a DM even though that isn't his game. What I've seen in his good games is a clever midfielder who can get stuck in and keeps the ball ticking along in midfield. He looks a bit leggy right now and maybe needs a rest, he hadn't had a lot of football before he came to us, probably catching up with him. An upgrade on Slivka who hasn't improved in nearly 3 years.

You say that but in some of your most recent posts you have strongly criticised slivka, kamberi , marciano and doidge?

He's had maybe 2 bad games since he came in, was asked to be a DM even though that isn't his game. What I've seen in his good games is a clever midfielder who can get stuck in and keeps the ball ticking along in midfield. He looks a bit leggy right now and maybe needs a rest, he hadn't had a lot of football before he came to us, probably catching up with him. An upgrade on Slivka who hasn't improved in nearly 3 years.
    Better reply than your first effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    Well said. I recall similar said about Bartley and Milligan, both of whom are now, according to some, the greatest thing since sliced bread and who we are missing.

Hallberg had a bad game last night but prior to that has often been holding the middle of the park for us single handedly without much support. He both wins and retains possession well and is mobile enough to cover a lot of territory. I think he'll benefit from Omeonga and possibly another cm to come.

Not for throwing players under the bus after one poor 45 mins.
    Agree with this. As a team, our performances have been inconsistent for a while now. And, as a result, so have some of the players performances.

For example, Newell played very well last night and is rightly getting praised. Give him 2 or 3 below par performances then it'll be the usual "not good enough, can't pass, doesn't try etc". It seems to be the players are continuously critiqued, minute-by-minute these days by some. Game by game they're either 'amazing' or 'sh*te'.

For me Halberg has shown enough across a stop-start season to suggest that he will be an important asset to our team/squad. In 5 months he's played under 2 managers, in various systems, alongside multiple team mates in a new country/league in front of a disgruntled support.

I think what we all need is a period of stability to allow players to settle, integrate and perform in a positive environment.

FWIW I think Bartley has become a mythical figure (see Matty Jack) who wasn't actually as good as people remember.
    Last edited by SquashedFrogg; 23-01-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    You say that but in some of your most recent posts you have strongly criticised slivka, kamberi , marciano and doidge?
    Theres criticising bad performances then theres starting a thread saying they are absolutely ***** , bring nothing to the team and not good enough for hibs

Yep and I'll still criticise when they play badly, here you go Allan was awful last night as he was on sunday but he's still one of our most creative players. So far Hallberg has has far more good games than bad, if he continues to be cack for the rest of the season then we can be more critical but 2 bad games isn't enough to be calling him out.

Hallberg is a good signing. The setup last night didnt work for him at all. Despite others claiming he was a box to box player i dont think he has the energy for it. He's a holding mid all day long for me - especially in the SPL where the game is so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Not very mobile or dynamic.
    I would say the opposite, he gets about the park well and covers a lot of ground. He’s been criticised for a poor finish at the weekend but look at the energy and the run he made to get into the box. He hit the target and the keeper makes a good save.

For me he is a good passer, has good positional discipline and he can tackle. Not every player needs to be “a stand out”. He’s doing the dirty work.

Wasn’t at the game last night but he’s not alone in playing poorly. And let’s not forget he’s only what 22?

Yep and I'll still criticise when they play badly, here you go Allan was awful last night as he was on sunday but he's still one of our most creative players. So far Hallberg has has far more good games than bad, if he continues to be cack for the rest of the season then we can be more critical but 2 bad games isn't enough to be calling him out.
    Genuine question, when were all his good games? He’s never been as bad as he was last night but, on the flip side, I can’t remember the last time I came away thinking he’d played well. Maybe Aberdeen when the whole team played well. He’s busy and covers a lot of ground but isn’t contributing nearly enough IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Theres criticising bad performances then theres starting a thread saying they are absolutely ***** , bring nothing to the team and not good enough for hibs
    He said slivka was garbage and marciano pish last night, that's what I call ripping to shreds. The op is well within his rights to say the same about hallberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I would say the opposite, he gets about the park well and covers a lot of ground. He’s been criticised for a poor finish at the weekend but look at the energy and the run he made to get into the box. He hit the target and the keeper makes a good save.

For me he is a good passer, has good positional discipline and he can tackle. Not every player needs to be “a stand out”. He’s doing the dirty work.

Wasn’t at the game last night but he’s not alone in playing poorly. And let’s not forget he’s only what 22?
    👍👏

He said slivka was garbage and marciano pish last night, that's what I call ripping to shreds. The op is well within his rights to say the same about hallberg.
    Nobody is denying Hallberg had a stinker, in fact all 11 players were crap in the 1st half.

Bipolar Hibs fans in knee jerk reaction exclusive

Nobody is denying Hallberg had a stinker, in fact all 11 players were crap in the 1st half.
    So you surely cant criticise someone for saying someone was awful and tell them to support the players when you have been just as critical of not just 1 but 4 players? That's my point, anyway hopefully a new DM comes in this week.