hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Apple Music v Spotify

I use Apple Music to listen to music and for me it meets everything I need, but I’ve heard countless times over the last week that Spotify premium is so much better, mostly it seems from people compiling lists to play at events. Can anyone tell me what I’m missing out on, I’m quite willing to switch. Also has anyone tried amazon music?

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I use Apple Music to listen to music and for me it meets everything I need, but I’ve heard countless times over the last week that Spotify premium is so much better, mostly it seems from people compiling lists to play at events. Can anyone tell me what I’m missing out on, I’m quite willing to switch. Also has anyone tried amazon music?
    I use Spotify, I'm not sure why it would be any better than Apple Music though. I'd assume they both do the exact same thing. Yes you can compile play lists, but surely you can do that on Apple Music too?

Had them all at some point based on who was offering free trials etc. Now have spotify. Actually found Amazon music had some tunes that I don't get on spotify (at the time) but reckon they'll all be much of a muchness.

Think you can get some sort of package with amazon prime/music etc.

I've been happy with spotify of late though. All new albums that come out are there waiting as soon as they're released and playlists/queuing handy for me.

I only use it on my iPhone.

I haven't used Apple Music but would be surprised if they weren't both fairly similar in terms of compiling playlists; Spotify is excellent for this.

From word of mouth, I've heard Spotify is better at compiling playlists for you based on your taste, but can't testify to that from first-hand experience (although, again, Spotify is excellent at this).

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    I have spotify and it's great for making playlists, have amazon music also as part of amazon prime but couldnt tell you how good it is as the only one who uses it is the laddie through his echo dot

Free trial available for a month with them right now (assuming it wasn't specific to my account) if you want to try them yourself..

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Here's a comparison of them both;

https://www.digitaltrends.com/music/...NVZzbGt1NlB1MQ..
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    I have spotify and it's great for making playlists, have amazon music also as part of amazon prime but couldnt tell you how good it is as the only one who uses it is the laddie through his echo dot
    Do you amazon music free with Prime?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Do you amazon music free with Prime?
    It’s a cut down version that you get with Prime, it isn’t the full Amazon Music.

I’ve had both. I think Spotify just shades it. The playlists are better matched to your tastes. Also, if you have Echo devices, you can play through them direct from the Spotify app unlike Apple (unless you Bluetooth it). I find this good if I’m listening to music through my earphones on the way home, I can instantly transfer it to my smart devices when I get in to play from where I’ve left off.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I use "none of the above" but have a paid subscription to Deezer. £9.99 a month and I can access everything, download music and play it offline, create an unlimited number of playlists and the music discovery algorithms are really, really good for new music.

It also syncs wirelessly (and via cellular) to my Apple Watch for when I'm out running and don't want to take my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I use "none of the above" but have a paid subscription to Deezer. £9.99 a month and I can access everything, download music and play it offline, create an unlimited number of playlists and the music discovery algorithms are really, really good for new music.

It also syncs wirelessly (and via cellular) to my Apple Watch for when I'm out running and don't want to take my phone.
    I also use Deezer and never had a problem with it.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I’ve had both and I found Spotify to be much better. To be honest I’d struggle to tell you why, I just couldn’t take to Apple Music!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post

I'm old school and use Napster. They offer the same as you mention but for €9.99 and I can use 5 devices so my wife and son and myself use it on our phones and at home it's installed on my iPad and notebook. I no longer own CDs or records.

Apple as syncs to my watch when walking and My Renault Car is exclusively Apple Bit of a pain
    Have Spotify and had it first do have more music on that but maybe too much choice so my playlists on Apple are fine fir being out and about
    In the house it’s good old fashioned Vinyl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I'm old school and use Napster. They offer the same as you mention but for €9.99 and I can use 5 devices so my wife and son and myself use it on our phones and at home it's installed on my iPad and notebook. I no longer own CDs or records.
    Can you all use it at the same time, separately?

I can install Spotify on an unlimited number of devices, but I can only play it on one at a time.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 04-02-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    That's quite good actually. Deezer allows me to have 3 devices, but I can only play music on one of them at any given time

I use Amazon Prime as I have it anyway, what annoys me though is it doesn't play continuously when listening to a live album or a mix album as it has gaps between tracks.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

I can install Spotify on an unlimited number of devices, but I can only play it on one at a time.
    If we're all in the same location then yes. Otherwise our plan only allows us to use 2 separate locations. That's more than enough though because the chances that we're all in 3 different locations and streaming at the same time is quite low and hasn't been a problem yet. I've heard that they will only block devices if they've not used a mutual internet access point at some time. I'm definitely gonna test it now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

I've got the spotify family thing so the missus and kids can share it. It's £15 pm. Occasionally my wife forgets the google home thing is linked to me, so my laptop at work bursts into random stuff if I've left spotify running. Happily this has never happened without the headphones paired so far!