hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jackson

Jackson

Played well tonight. Comfortable on the ball. I wasn't sure he was the right choice when I saw his name on the team sheet but he proved me wrong.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Excellent great ball into flo for the first goal and some really good cross field balls. Will be a bit time before he gets up to top speed but for hardly playing I thought he was motm

I thought he was very good.

He’s calm and assured and tbh he’s not done much wrong in a Hibs shirt.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Played well tonight. Comfortable on the ball. I wasn't sure he was the right choice when I saw his name on the team sheet but he proved me wrong.
    should be punting Hanlon before Jackson. Can actually win a duel in the air.

Left by mutual consent!
    Thought Jackson should have been put in alongside Porteous back when Hecky was still here. Would be surprised to see him go to Bolton now unless we bring someone else in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
    Shouldn't be punting either, especially not a good player like Hanlon. Good again tonight.

Testimonial Due
    Good but too many long Halonesque long balls in first half. Ross obviously told him to cut it out at half time

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Aye. Shame Hanlon cannae win a header. He would have scored at the end if he was any good in the air. 🙄

@hibs.net private member
    Thought he was very good in the second half.

First Team Breakthrough
    Clearly not watching the game. The big huddie they threw up top didn't win a header in the first half when matched up against Hanlon but got some change out of big Jackson in the 2nd. Wish people would stop seeing what they want to see with some players

@hibs.net private member
    Has generally looked solid when I've seen him. Happy to have him in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewiehas2 View Post
    Clearly not watching the game. The big huddie they threw up top didn't win a header in the first half when matched up against Hanlon but got some change out of big Jackson in the 2nd. Wish people would stop seeing what they want to see with some players
    To be fair I thought the big unit gave them both a hard time at times which isn’t anything to criticise either about as he was a man mountain and you simply won’t win all the headers against him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewiehas2 View Post

Pretty much how I saw it - dominant in the air, won most of the headers he went for. A couple of wayward crossfield passes and one stumble is not bad over 95 minutes.

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought he was crap first half and Gray has to cover for him. Second he wasn’t tested as much. We need much much better tbh.

Is this Hanlon guy any relation to the one that scored the winner when he won a duel in the air?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    To be fair I thought the big unit gave them both a hard time at times which isn’t anything to criticise either about as he was a man mountain and you simply won’t win all the headers against him.
    Agree that it's not a stick to beat Jackson with, just don't think we should be criticising Hanlon for not winning aerial duels when he dealt with the big boy well.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Ross said that Hanlon was playing with a hamstring injury. I wonder if he’ll rest him and go with Jackson and McGregor on Sat.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Jackson and Hanlon played well tonight but I would like to see the Hamilton goal again as per the Livvy game our defence looked a shambles

Hanlon had one brilliant tackle on Mickel Miller second half in our box that he timed perfectly and walked away with the ball

Lewis Stevenson seemed to have an inexplicable meltdown second half attacking down the left in possession and just seemed to run out of ideas and gave the ball away

Judging from his reaction he realised this held his head in his hands and gave himself a mental kick up the backside and carried on managing to stop the counter attack

I thought he way okay. Got the wrong side of the Hamilton forwards a couple of times and ended up fouling them, but he's not exactly played much football recently so that will be a contributing factor.

He was fine overall though and can clearly play a bit. We should certainly be keeping hold of him in light of recent injuries.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I thought he was crap first half and Gray has to cover for him. Second he wasn’t tested as much. We need much much better tbh.
    Watched him all night, he had one misplaced pass about ten mins in but didn’t put a foot wrong after that. He was solid, calm and assured on ball and read the game well. Some of his long passing was excellent. I agree that he had a hard time from the big bloke 99 but still gave a good account of himself. I hate to disagree with you but how anyone can use the word “crap” in relation to Jackson’s display tonight leaves me baffled.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Watched him all night, he had one misplaced pass about ten mins in but didn’t put a foot wrong after that. He was solid, calm and assured on ball and read the game well. Some of his long passing was excellent. I agree that he had a hard time from the big bloke 99 but still gave a good account of himself. I hate to disagree with you but how anyone can use the word “crap” in relation to Jackson’s display tonight leaves me baffled.
    Your spot on

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Normally respect 90+2 but I agree far from crap

In our current predicament with injuries we need good solid pros like Adam Jackson at our club

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Shouldn't be punting either, especially not a good player like Hanlon. Good again tonight.
    Hanlon was FAR from 'good' last night! Fantastic that he got the winner, yes, but overall he had a pretty poor game. I honestly feel the time is up for him and Stevenson. We have the 2nd worse defense in the league for a reason

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Hanlon was FAR from 'good' last night! Fantastic that he got the winner, yes, but overall he had a pretty poor game. I honestly feel the time is up for him and Stevenson. We have the 2nd worse defense in the league for a reason
    Ok then...other than one misplaced pass - what did Hanlon do wrong last night ?

Hanlon had a good game last night, Jackson did too but he always plays it safe, no flair about him at all.
    Just now and then I'd like him to drive forward rather than making a sideways pass.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    Hanlon had a good game last night, Jackson did too but he always plays it safe, no flair about him at all.
    Just now and then I'd like him to drive forward rather than making a sideways pass.
    Flair? He’s a central defender 😂 Great pass from him into Flo for the first goal. Not every centre half is an Efe Ambrose unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Stevenson was fine last night, he had one moment where he messed up a pass but you could see by his reaction to it that he was more frustrated with himself than any of us in the stands.

Hanlon had a bad first half last night but he came good in the end. He made some important tackles as well as scoring the winner. He’s far from needing replaced.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Stevenson was fine last night, he had one moment where he messed up a pass but you could see by his reaction to it that he was more frustrated with himself than any of us in the stands.

Hanlon had a bad first half last night but he came good in the end. He made some important tackles as well as scoring the winner. He’s far from needing replaced.
    Stevenson was pants last night especially in the 2nd half

Could’ve put us into trouble a lot more if Hamilton had punished him losing possession repeatedly

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post

Could’ve put us into trouble a lot more if Hamilton had punished him losing possession repeatedly
    Exaggeration..think he lost possession 2-3 times max in the game ...blocked a number of dangerous crosses - and Did more well than his errors ..wasn’t his best game - but nowhere near as poor as you and some other are suggesting .

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post

That’s just wrong. He maybe lost possession two or three times but footballers lose possession sometimes, it happens.