He's not been his best but honking ? seriously
    Yes honking

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Some pler.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes honking
    4th most assists in the league and more than any other Hibs player.....
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    I guess with Mallan being injured we need a new hibs.net scapegoat for the boo boys to berate .
    No the poster is just saying what most of the rest of us are, he’s been poor recently and as much as he’s highly rated by pretty mush all Hibs fans he’s not immune to criticism and with it not making the staring 11.

I actually thought he looked weak tonight got shoved of the ball more than I’ve seen all season, maybe he needs a rest he’s played a lot of mins.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    4th most assists in the league and more than any other Hibs player.....
    Playing in a team built around him which is underachieving. Drop him and watch hibs improve.

Btw Newell was excellent deserves all the praise, really nice guy aswell and good to see him and his Mrs hopefully more settled up here. She relocated work aswell so mustn’t have been easy at the start especially when your being publicly slaughtered.

His problem for me has been consistency, much better in the middle hope he knocks on.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Newell is a quality player. At the pre season friendly vs Arbroath he got closed down by two opposition players right in front of us. Did a wee trick with his feet, bought himself a yard of space and played a nice pass.

Weird as it is but always had the feeling there was a player in there, as small a thing as it was it was a moment of real quality to have the composure to slow it down in a pressure situation and make something of it.

I really like Newell. Oddly I left that game thinking we’d signed a bit of a huddy in Doidge so I didn’t get it all right...

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    I thought Newell was excellent when he came on, kept the ball moving, passed really well and pressed the Hamilton midfielders well when not in possession. Seems much more comfortable playing in the centre.

Left by mutual consent!
    He was brilliant tonight, totally changed the game for us along with steph.

Centre mid is by far his best position. Really impressed

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Newell was utter class when he came on. Really like him.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    He was brilliant when he came on. He's looked very, very good in every game he has played in since Heckingbottom left. A classy player in there with a bit of dig too. Well done Joe

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    That is the player I was hoping to see that sunny afternoon in Stirling

Excellent performance second half always making himself available precision passing going on mazy runs generally being a thorn in the side of the opposition and brilliant execution from dead ball situations but please oh please when the big guys have come up for a corner and we are desperate for a goal do not play it short to Horgan but it all turned out for the best in the end

My man of the match

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Credit goes to Ross, Newell, Omeonga and Horgan - turned the match. Newell and Omeonga looked much more aggressive in midfield. Worrying for Slivka and Hallberg, both looked absolutely rotten.

Newell was pick of the subs, played really well.

First Team Regular
    Unlike the first half, willing to play passes with zip and played with his head up. Did well physically as well. Great performance

Newell & Horgan transformed the game tonight.
    I have been critical of Horgan in the past but he lit the blue touch paper tonight.
    Additional to what other folk have said above, Newell is a great crosser of a ball.
    Well done both. Saved our ass.

He was on the front foot.

The amount of times we were flat footed and passive in the first half was a joke..both he and omeonga improved that. Hes technically very good and for a slim guy hes incredibly difficult to shove off the ball.

@hibs.net private member
    Best player on the park for me. Allan needs rested as he has been poor for quite a while. Newell is not far off being as creative but chooses his passes more wisely and also is far better defensively. All those terrible signings from Heck don't look quite as bad as I thought Jackson was very good in the second half and Doidge up until he was clotheslined(straight red in Rugby ffs) was also really good and scored again. Add Hallberg who has generally been pretty decent and I would say Heck did OK in the transfer market.

Ross desrves as much praise as he does criticism. We were poorer in the first half than any game under Heck. He made two subs at HT which looked like it would give us an unbalanced midfield but quickly put it right. Massive gamble using three subs and having so many attacking players after 52 mins but it completely changed the game and Newell for me was fundamental to that.

All three subs today were excellent but Newall surprised me most. He is definitely more suited to playing central and he played some very clever football tonight. If it wasn’t for an all round good performance by Doidge I would have given him MOTM even though he only played a half.
    Well done Joe Newall, more of the same and I might take back some previous criticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Sublime and balanced and makes time for himself. Wonderful left foot.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Very good tonight and must start on Saturday. What a difference from the Newell of the Hecky days.

Left by mutual consent!
    He looked confident hungry and energetic. All three was missing from the first half. Fair play to him, I thought he was a confidence player and must have thought Scottish football wasn’t for him but even before his injury he was showing a brilliant appetite. We might just have a wee gem in our hands.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Newell was excellent. Easily mom for one half performance. Great to see Steph back too. Still frustrated by Daryl though. Final ball not consistently good. He's a player I want to love a lot more but frustrates the hell out of me.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I thought he did great tonight and I'm delighted he's proved me wrong. Well done

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Playing in a team built around him which is underachieving. Drop him and watch hibs improve.
    Provided with facts to counter your argument and you just ignore them. Glad you’re not JR

He’s got the best 1st touch at the club.

Playing CM tonight did very well considering how bad we were playing.

Would like to see..

Hallberg Omeonga
    Newell

Allan hasn’t been playing well for a while - still a quality player with assists but maybe worth keeping it fresh.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    He’s got the best 1st touch at the club.

Playing CM tonight did very well considering how bad we were playing.

Would like to see..

Hallberg Omeonga
    Newell

Allan hasn’t been playing well for a while - still a quality player with assists but maybe worth keeping it fresh.
    Newall was like a conductor with the philharmonic.....absolutely set the whole tempo and tone of second half ...all three subs contributed - he was the maestro. Best 45 in a Hibs strip ..

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Newall was like a conductor with the philharmonic.....absolutely set the whole tempo and tone of second half ...all three subs contributed - he was the maestro. Best 45 in a Hibs strip ..
    It was, but Hecky signed as a midfielder, tried to turn him into a left winger

He was also very vocal, encouraging teammates, chiding Kamberi and telling Dallas he was a useless **** and a son of a **** to boot. He felt like a midfield general in there.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shore Hibs View Post
    I thought Newell was excellent when he came on, kept the ball moving, passed really well and pressed the Hamilton midfielders well when not in possession. Seems much more comfortable playing in the centre.
    Agree with this. We were told when he arrived that he wasn't a wide player, and its seems as though that was right. Much better in central role, some real strength in the tackle too.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    He was also very vocal, encouraging teammates, chiding Kamberi and telling Dallas he was a useless **** and a son of a **** to boot. He felt like a midfield general in there.
    Ken, what a turnaround 😁😁😁 he went from a wee moose to a radge.