hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Aberdeen doing it for the supporters??

Got be honest here and say I have real admiration for how aberdeen are trying to increase the atmosphere,and get people through the turnstiles.

Night time kick-offs and standing ultras section.they really are trying to cement that third force in scottish football.

As hibs seem to be going down the community route, which will indeed bring out fair weather fans and see the hardcore supporters feel less catered for,it will be interesting to see the outcome of both ventures.

Making hibs family friendly and having small singing sections is a bad decision in terms of attracting loyal future hibees imo.

We should revert back to a family enclosure in the west lower for the younger fans,if their family choose to take them there that is.
    Plenty opportunities for selfies and signatures.

And get full bulk loads in the east an behind the goals for your more raucous support,if you choose a seat there probably best your not easily offended.
    And I am by no means condoning irresponsible behaviour in suggesting this.
    And if people canny stay in the stands get the nets up.
    Something is gone from football stadiums these days and the good games are few and far between.
    All of this is my own opinion and I would delighted to hear peoples thoughts on the way things could be done at easter road to improve the atmosphere.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just look elsewhere - US, Germany, Poland, hell even Greece caters for fans more than we do. We seem stuck with the "oh, it's for the kiddies" mentality.

Apparently Cormack did the undercover boss thing and went in with the fans to see what their experience was like. Turns out it was *****

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Something is gone from football stadiums these days and the good games are few and far between.
    All of this is my own opinion and I would delighted to hear peoples thoughts on the way things could be done at easter road to improve the atmosphere.

GGTTH
    I attend a lot less often than I used to, whether it's the sanitisation of the game, getting older or achieving the Holy Grail, I'm not too sure, not such an enjoyable experience as it used to be though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Aberdeen in discussions with Hibs, SFA and Police Scotland about making our game against them on 7th March a night game.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    Just look elsewhere - US, Germany, Poland, hell even Greece caters for fans more than we do. We seem stuck with the "oh, it's for the kiddies" mentality.
    I loved going to the west enclosure next to the bench and dugout and bantering with the players when I was a youngster going to games.I really think the famous five lower is a lose lose scenario for the club.

What I canny grasp is why we now have a singing section?
    The majority of hibbys who sang sat in the east then it verberated around the ground,it you wanted in with them you knew it would be loud and proud,and obviously if we are playing well everyone joins in.
    Making it a section has made everyone look to that small area of the stadium to create atmosphere.
    I agree other countries blow us out the water with what they do for real support!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Apparently Cormack did the undercover boss thing and went in with the fans to see what their experience was like. Turns out it was *****
    Really? Good on him 👏

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Aberdeen in discussions with Hibs, SFA and Police Scotland about making our game against them on 7th March a night game.
    Tell them to **** off.

Well i’ve took my kid for years and he seems just as interested in the singing section as the football.
    Plays all the hibs youtube since1875 vids.
    He loves this. He cant be the only one.

Thats what I read that lead to this thread.

We talk about the supporter experience but nothing happens,aberdeen have the wheels in motion.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Thats what I read that lead to this thread.

We talk about the supporter experience but nothing happens,aberdeen have the wheels in motion.
    There was a thread on this last week
    Why would it be better in the evening, at a cold Pittodrie

It was originally the cave, then the old east - let's be honest it's been downhill all the way since then. I'm not talking about the big games that take care of themselves but most grounds in Scotland there is no atmosphere at all which seems to please the people ruining (running) the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Well i’ve took my kid for years and he seems just as interested in the singing section as the football.
    Plays all the hibs youtube since1875 vids.
    He loves this. He cant be the only one.
    Exactly waxy! They want to be in amongst it,and if your a parent who is happy to take them there it will increase the experience tenfold.
    Easter road is not iraq ffs.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    I realise there are supporters out there that travel further, for longer, but sack going up to Aberdeen on a Saturday night then traveling back down the road just in time for last orders just so the Red Ultra can have a sniff of atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    There was a thread on this last week
    Why would it be better in the evening, at a cold Pittodrie
    They are talking about putting on complimentary free busses for us.

Having a 18.30 kick off so folk can have a night out.wee things that make a better experience.

A 'singing section' and a family section don't have to be mutually exclusive imo. Kids will love being part of or close to such a thing. I loved hearing adults swearing and the like when I was attending as a bairn. It was funny rather than intimidating and I heard worse most days at school anyway.

I suggested the other day turning over the central section of the FF Lower plus the back 5 rows of the other sections to the singing guys to stand, sing etc then fit the kids in the rest of the space. They would soon join in and it would be packed out. Put a second 'singing section' in the East, round about the traditional singing area near the TV gantry, and let them compete. It worked quite well at Tannadice on Sunday with the United support behind each goal battling it out.

Hibs have moved fans, including me, in the past. Do it again. Talk of boycotts and the like is noise. There may be 1 or 2 who take the huff but the majority of people will get on with it, adapt and still attend as usual.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Having a 18.30 kick off so folk can have a night out.wee things that make a better experience.
    I didn’t know that, sounds great them

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

That’s a great offer to be fair.

That's not a bad deal. Buses though, eh? 😉

Who wants a night out in aberdeen. Its bad enough in the day

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Tell them to **** off.
    This

Aberdeen in talks with Hibs to make their March clash a Saturday night game
    Dave Cormack is desperate to increase the fan experience and has earmarked the March 7 fixture.

BY SCOTT BURNS
    16:29, 22 JAN 2020UPDATED14:36, 22 JAN 2020
    0_19796058.jpg
    (Image: SNS Group)
    Aberdeen want to introduce Saturday night football into the Scottish Premiership.

Dons chiefs are currently in talks with their Hibernian counterparts to see if they can trial it at their Pittodrie clash on March 7.

The game is currently scheduled for 3pm but new Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack is keen to try different things and has never hidden his desire to give Saturday night football a go.

Cormack believes that it would open the door for thousands of people who play football on a Saturday afternoon and it would also open up the American market, where the Dons have a link-up with Atlanta United.

The Aberdeen chief, speaking previously, said: “I would like to see us try a Saturday night kick-off.

“There are thousands of people in Aberdeen who play amateur or youth football and rightly so in the city.

“But if the game was 6.30pm or 7.30pm then I am sure we could attract a lot more people.

0_19703808.jpg
    Cormack is keen to bring in new initiatives(Image: SNS Group)

“For those who want to go out afterwards there is still plenty of time to go out.”

Discussions are continuing with the clubs and would also need permission from the SPFL and Police Scotland before it is given the green light.

Hibs are concerned that the later kick-off could have an impact on their fans and limit their options when traveling back from the North-East after the game.

Aberdeen are aware of that and the possibility of complimentary buses on for fans has also been discussed between the clubs.

There would also be the opportunity for Hibernian to trial a similar kick-off when Aberdeen next visit Easter Road, which could happen after the split if they both end up in the same half.

It remains to be seen if there is an appetite for Saturday night football as Dundee’s weekend Scottish Cup clash saw a poor home crowd although the game was on television and struggling Dundee were up against on-form Motherwell.

Aberdonian Cormack, who is based in Atlanta, has not been shy in trialling new initiatives since he took over the Pittodrie helm.

He made it clear from the start he wanted to improve the fan experience at Aberdeen.

Cormack and Aberdeen staff have already spoken to a lot of fans and supporter groups to get feedback about different things.

That led to the introduction of the ‘Red Shed” for Saturday’s Scottish Cup win over Dumbarton.

Cormack agreed to fan requests to turn the Merkland Stand into a traditional away end where fans could sit or stand where they wanted.

More than 2,000 fans bought into it with singing, flares and large flags all adding to an improved atmosphere in the 1-0 win over the Sons.

The club could look to bring it in again although any move is likely to be limited to cup games because of season tickets in the Merkland Stand and licencing laws for the season.

Cormack has also brought in motorbike stunt rider and is looking at other things to get more fans back through the gates.

Other ideas been discussed has been the introduction of megaphones among fans similar to the way they are adopted in American-based sports.
    Last edited by tonyrougier123; 22-01-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Tell them to **** off.
    Why?

Saturday night games would be brilliant

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    We should never pander to the likes of Aberdeen they can **** off

Seen this, trying to gage more opinion on it to make the best representation possible of fans view (amongst finding oot how true it actually is).

I don’t think Hibs fans in general would be against this idea (with the right notice!) or would we be against testing new ideas out but not after already making travel plans - Hibs fans are notorious for being ahead of the game when planning travel & attendance and when this fixture was confirmed as 3pm (one of our last remaining ones this season) and not on television most have organised long distance travel, cheaper train tickets and buses.

So far, it certainly does sound like a massive inconvenience to a high volume of away travelling Hibs fans.

3pm, Saturday 7th March. Pittodrie.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    3pm, Saturday 7th March. Pittodrie.
    👌👍

something's got to give eventually. free buses? canny see that happening, but subsidised maybe. Many years ago now, but we did play Sat/Sun games at E.R during the McLeish era, naw? I would rather have 3pm Sat, but the tv companies call the shots. I would be happier with early/6pm Sat. games than silly 12/12;30 games in Dingwall/Kilmarnock/A/DEEN ETC. FOR THOSE, THE TRAVELLING FANS JUST WONT GO IN NUMBERS.

Look at last night's match. FF lower empty and quiet.

South Lower, heaving and bouncing.

Hibs could have made last night's game unallocated seating and advertised the FF lower as a singing section. Great chance to try it out but Hibs missed it.

Hopefully we make the Quarters and get a home tie and someone at Hibs thinks outside the box

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    Look at last night's match. FF lower empty and quiet.

South Lower, heaving and bouncing.

Hibs could have made last night's game unallocated seating and advertised the FF lower as a singing section. Great chance to try it out but Hibs missed it.

Hopefully we make the Quarters and get a home tie and someone at Hibs thinks outside the box
    Kieran - can you offer this suggestion please for a trial run ?