hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oli Shaw sold

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would look to try and put Gullan on loan to a Championship team, and bring in McNulty. With Boyle back, and being used further up the park, I think we'd have plenty of options.
    If you put Gullan on loan, and sold Shaw, we would have the front three from Sunday plus McNulty and Horgan. That’s nowhere near enough options for me. Gullan needs to stay now and get more exposure in the first team, especially if we have 5/6 meaningless games towards the end of the season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    The Shaw haters will be whacking off at this news, until he comes back to haunt us. Disappointed to see him going tbh
    Try thinking before spraffing rubbish. I've never seen any post on here to suggest that Oli Shaw was hated.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Any names for us? Can't think of seeing any hate towards Shaw on here.
    Hate is probably too strong but he was written off pretty quickly by plenty- but that's the norm these days to be fair. Dempster didn't help him with her ridiculous comment which I see got referred to pretty quickly on this thread.

I thought he had something to offer and it's a real pity it's not quite worked out. Think he'll do well at RC.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Very surprised a club like Ross County are spending 6 figures - £100,000

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Any names for us? Can't think of seeing any hate towards Shaw on here.
    It will likely be if at anytime critical means hate quite often. Like I have been less than happy with our defenders so I hate them all.

@hibs.net private member
    Would be happy with this IF a sell on fee is included.

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Think they have a relatively well off chairman?

Could be £9,999.99

Ross County/bottom six/top of the Championship is probably about the peak of his level.

I don’t think he was ever going to be good enough for us. Needs some physical development and needs about one and a half seasons worth of regular first team game time to perhaps find some self belief and confidence.

Quite pleased we are moving on. Good luck to him though.

How different things have worked out for him if that "goal" against Hearts at Tynecastle a few years ago had stood.

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Rich chairman/owner and they also recieved a hefty fee for some youth player from aberdeen in the last week

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    How different things have worked out for him if that "goal" against Hearts at Tynecastle a few years ago had stood.
    Won't be the first Hibs goalscorer to be cheated out of a goal at the wee stadium and sadly I'd be amazed if he was the last.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    When given his chance last season how many times did he destroy our counter attacks and fluff reasonably easy chances? He has talent but at 21 he should be further along in his development. A lot like Sam Stanton and Callum Booth. I think Murray will be next to leave. Shaw and Murray have stalled. Hopefully both go to have decent careers but I dont see it at Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    The Shaw haters will be whacking off at this news, until he comes back to haunt us. Disappointed to see him going tbh
    Good luck to him, hasn't quite kicked on and see him being a Briam Graham type bouncing around bottom 6 clubs tbh.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    Possibly. Although winning goals at Tynie don’t hold as much weight as you’d expect. See Horgan who’s still a bit part player and splits opinion or Ross Caldwell who’s now... well I don’t even know what he’s doing now.

Surprised to hear this, but may well be a good move for him. He has some talent, but his development seemed to stall badly for some reason, not sure why ... have to wish the young guy well though

Wonder if signs today and scores tonight with a county. Win would be quality🙏

All the best Oli, hat trick v yams would be good.👍

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Leaves us very short up front so a replacement must be all but secured.

He’s at the age where he needs to play regularly but just hasn’t been able to break through at Hibs. Probably the right time for both parties, and if the fee is as being suggested then it’s a good deal for us. Can only wish him all the best.

Be brilliant if he scored against the pink bottlers

It sounds like Ross rates Gullan and wants to keep him as part of the first team group so that would have pushed Shaw even further down the pecking ordee.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    It sounds like Ross rates Gullan and wants to keep him as part of the first team group so that would have pushed Shaw even further down the pecking ordee.
    Gullan has been lucky to have the kind of move that Shaw should probably have got at some point.

Hopefully Gullan can show something between now and the end of the season.

Good luck to him if it all goes through. Gives us scope to bring another striker in too.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Sorry to see him go, good player, maybe a bit unlucky in that Hecky clearly didn’t fancy him and that interrupted his promising progress under Lennon.

Even though he is cup tied, I would consider a swap deal with Leigh if Lennon wants to swoop in at this late stage and snap up the best young striker in Europe.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Surely Jamie Gullan fills his spot?
    Sitting on the bench, getting the last 10 mins, and being the target of the boo boys?

This is a good move for all parties.

I’ve never been convinced Shaw is quite at the level we need him to be at, but with games I reckon he might have got there.

At his age he needs to play regularly. Hopefully he’s taking a small step back to take strides forward as he is a likeable lad who clearly has ability.

Disappointed if this is true, I think he should've been given more of a chance this season instead of spending money on Doidge, that must've been a right kick in the teeth seeing him come in and taking his place. Never really been given a chance but always looked like something was missing, maybe some aggressiveness and ruthlessness.

@hibs.net private member
    I think Shaw may well come good.... he clearly has ability but as others have said... his development has stalled mainly due to lack of game time. I would prefer to have retained him and sent him out on loan

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Good luck Oli. Hopefully a clause to get him back if all things go well!

Bogdan was here before the window.
    But not got his 6 months extension.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Never really been given a chance but always looked like something was missing, maybe some aggressiveness and ruthlessness.
    I disagree with the first part of this sentence but do agree with the second part. In the last year he’s not had much in the way of opportunities but prior to that I think he had a chance to really establish himself and didn’t ever really look like taking it IMO. I just didn’t ever feel like he was going to be our main striker, mainly down to the reasons you mention.

Good luck to him, probably the right decision for both parties.
    Be interesting to see how his career develops.