hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Vene, vidi, no vici, Vela.
    He came. He tried. Unfortunately, he didn’t conquer.
    No malice against him though. Wish him well at The Shrews.
    Last edited by hibby6270; 20-01-2020 at 04:53 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Best outcome for all parties.

Hopefully a few more to come.

Shrewsbury manager Sam Rickets on Vela, makes him sound great

“He can play as a centre-midfielder, a holding-midfielder and as an attacking-midfielder. He can also play right-back or right wing-back. He is versatile and has played in a number of positions over the years.
    “He is a high-energy midfielder, good on the ball and good at taking set-pieces. He’s just a player with real good quality. You don’t play as many games as he has in the Championship without being a good player. It’s a really good acquisition for the Club to get him on a permanent basis.”

Vela interview with Shrewsbury, also makes himself sound great

“I would describe myself as an all-action midfielder who likes to get up and down the pitch. I like to get stuck in and hopefully I can chip in with a few goals - I can’t wait to get going.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 20-01-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Disappointing one. Thought he would be a real player for us but for whatever reason(s) it just didn't happen.

All the best to him.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough scotia44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

“He can play as a centre-midfielder, a holding-midfielder and as an attacking-midfielder. He can also play right-back or right wing-back. He is versatile and has played in a number of positions over the years.
    “He is a high-energy midfielder, good on the ball and good at taking set-pieces. He’s just a player with real good quality. You don’t play as many games as he has in the Championship without being a good player. It’s a really good acquisition for the Club to get him on a permanent basis.”
    English fitba in nutshell there in reality they are no better than journeymen on inflated wages hyped to be something they ain't

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

“I would describe myself as an all-action midfielder who likes to get up and down the pitch. I like to get stuck in and hopefully I can chip in with a few goals - I can’t wait to get going.
    I would describe him as slow no action midfielder who makes little or no attempt to influence the game on his performances for Hibs.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar

the manager surely never seen the hearts goal on video when he jogged back and stuck a foot out to stop the shot. Good riddance .

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scotia44 View Post
    English fitba in nutshell there in reality they are no better than journeymen on inflated wages hyped to be something they ain't
    Like Liam Fontaine, Marvin Bartley and the like were?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Hahahaha, good luck Shrewsbury you'll need it. Shows you how useless he was that I'm buzzing about his departure.

Free’s up a wage and the physio total AOB moment

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Good luck to the guy, he came up and it didn’t work out for him. He could’ve hung around and earned some easy money, but he didn’t and for that he gets my best wishes.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    Just never worked out. Good decision for all and hopefully those wages will be put to good use this window.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Good luck to the guy, he came up and it didn’t work out for him. He could’ve hung around and earned some easy money, but he didn’t and for that he gets my best wishes.
    Good call.

That will be the last time Mathie takes a manager’s recommendation on a signing. Apparently a Lennon favourite from Bolton.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Felt sorry for Vela, his first move away from Bolton and it didn't work out for him. There is a footballer in there, it is a shame we didn't get to see it here. Good luck to him, at least he'll have JC to talk to about Hibs

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

First Team Breakthrough scotia44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Like Liam Fontaine, Marvin Bartley and the like were?
    Or Matt Thornhill Tom Soares or a Man City centre half that was so bad or a free scoring striker that couldn't hit a barn door there are alway exceptions but we rarely seem to find them

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    as with most players that move on after wearing our colours he goes with my best wishes for the future

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Best wishes Josh but it's got be said that he was more akin to Casper the Ghost than "a high energy midfield player" in his time at ER.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out Josh, total imposter.

Why don't you join him, real Hibby's only please GG2TH.

Hibs don't **** about. If it's not working you're gone. Glad to see we aren't a club that accepts passengers. Keeps everyone on their toes, manager, players the lot. Makes me think Tom James might be away soon too. That might change with the outcome of Naismith's injury of course
    Last edited by Since452; 20-01-2020 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam978 View Post
    He has been to more Hibs games than you’ve had hot dinners enjoy Dundee last nights

Regardless of his impact for us I wish him no ill-will and hope he does well as I don't want any player from Hibs being a flop at their new club. I want them to do well and cast us in a good light.

But seems like the best move for both parties.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam978 View Post
    Don’t really fancy Shrewsbury if I’m honest, Liam.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Impact? A dent on physios table

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Always liked Shrewsbury.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Wasn't given a chance under the new manager which is baffling when there's imposters like Mallan still stealing a wage from the club..........

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    Don’t really fancy Shrewsbury if I’m honest, Liam.
    😁

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    Wasn't given a chance under the new manager which is baffling when there's imposters like Mallan still stealing a wage from the club..........
    Mallan is a far better footballer imo and our current manager agrees.

This is a great result. It’s not always easy to move on players with a long contract and he wasn’t going to be successful here. Good work Hibs.

Good for Hibs, good for him.