hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar

Motherwell Tickets

Noticed you can only buy for the Lower section. Wanted the upper as you getting a better view of the whole pitch. Will we get the upper section should I wait ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Minute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Noticed you can only buy for the Lower section. Wanted the upper as you getting a better view of the whole pitch. Will we get the upper section should I wait ?
    All the tickets have unallocated seats on them, so you can sit where you want
    They’ll only open the upper if we’ve sold a lot of tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    All the tickets have unallocated seats on them, so you can sit where you want
    They’ll only open the upper if we’ve sold a lot of tickets

Don't think they do? you have to pick lower section 3 or 4 then it gives you a Row and seat number .

Don't think they do? you have to pick lower section 3 or 4 then it gives you a Row and seat number .
    My tickets all say free seating on them
    See attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

This happened last season at Motherwell. Some seats were unallocated, some had rows and numbers. There were a few offers of a square go near me with folk arguing about it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    My tickets all say free seating on them
    See attached
    Cheers Billy, just ordered them, even with row P on them just hope they arrive with the same print on them as yours.

Cheers Billy, just ordered them, even with row P on them just hope they arrive with the same print on them as yours.
    Hope so too
    Just don’t sit where I’ve placed my scarf😄

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    The confusing situation that arises when there is conflicting advice about unallocated/allocated seating is an absolute joke, and as PB points out can lead to aggressive situations.

Happened at Partick Thistle 2 seasons ago where by people who bought tickets in advance were expecting to sit in their ticketed seat, but people on the gate were getting sold ticketed seats not next to each other and then being told they could sit where they like by staff and stewards.

Total recipe for disaster.

They should make all away grounds seating sit where you want. would save a lot of hassle and when fans come in late getting in the way.

They should make all away grounds seating sit where you want. would save a lot of hassle and when fans come in late getting in the way.
    That would work at very few grounds.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    They should make all tickets allocated seating, avoiding pissed up fannies getting arsey when you have the audacity to try and sit in the seat you paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    The confusing situation that arises when there is conflicting advice about unallocated/allocated seating is an absolute joke, and as PB points out can lead to aggressive situations.

Happened at Partick Thistle 2 seasons ago where by people who bought tickets in advance were expecting to sit in their ticketed seat, but people on the gate were getting sold ticketed seats not next to each other and then being told they could sit where they like by staff and stewards.

Total recipe for disaster.
    Happened at Pittodrie last game up there. Ask for 2 covered seats beside each other for me and my boy. Received 2 uncovered miles apart. Was told it was sit anywhere then told inside that we had to sit in the allocated seats. Told them to bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    Happened at Pittodrie last game up there. Ask for 2 covered seats beside each other for me and my boy. Received 2 uncovered miles apart. Was told it was sit anywhere then told inside that we had to sit in the allocated seats. Told them to bolt.
    Did you buy them from Aberdeen or the Hibs ticket office?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    They should make all tickets allocated seating, avoiding pissed up fannies getting arsey when you have the audacity to try and sit in the seat you paid for.
    So the same as what happens now, essentially? Unallocated seating is far better for away ends, means anyone who doesn't want to stand for 90 minutes can go to the front and watch the game in peace, and those who do want to stand and sing for 90 minutes can do so without getting in other people's way/view of the pitch. Means far less of the 'that's ma seat' or 'the bairn cannae see' shouts that you're faced with at an away game if you have the audacity to try and stand and back the team vocally

As long as they are consistent in their messaging to fans around unallocated or allocated then it doesnt really matter.

Shambles mate.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    So the same as what happens now, essentially? Unallocated seating is far better for away ends, means anyone who doesn't want to stand for 90 minutes can go to the front and watch the game in peace, and those who do want to stand and sing for 90 minutes can do so without getting in other people's way/view of the pitch. Means far less of the 'that's ma seat' or 'the bairn cannae see' shouts that you're faced with at an away game if you have the audacity to try and stand and back the team vocally
    Imagine having the audacity to want to sit in an all seater stadium where there is officially no permitted standing. I blame the authorities for not enforcing the sit down rule from day one, makes a mockery of there being no terraces.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I don’t agree, and I don’t think it really matters the majority of the time, but non-allocated seating at a sell out away ground would be shambles.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Imagine having the audacity to want to sit in an all seater stadium where there is officially no permitted standing. I blame the authorities for not enforcing the sit down rule from day one, makes a mockery of there being no terraces.
    I take it that you must really not care about an atmosphere whatsoever

That’s got nothing to do with the issue I stated, they banned standing, turned the stadiums into all seaters and then allowed fans to stand when they should be seated, madness.

Left by mutual consent!
    Just got my well ticket and has both seat details and printed on it "please sit in any vacant seat..."

Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    Did you buy them from Aberdeen or the Hibs ticket office?
    Got them up there mate

Got them up there mate
    Did they charge you for the uncovered seats?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There will be 3000 empty seats on Saturday. Don't get why people are so precious for a daft seat that happens to be printed on their ticket. For sellout games then fair enough but for likes of Motherwell, Accies, Aberdeen, Killie etc etc. Generally never sit in my own seat and try stand up the back row as I *** hate sitting.

You kidding? The sit down rule was rigorously enforced up until about 5 years ago? Then thankfully they saw common sense and relaxed it when Celtic wanted safe standing in.

Some people like to sit. Some like to stand. It's a pity Scottish football authorities and clubs can't organise a piss-up in a brewery cos most away sections can easily accommodate both.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    There will be 3000 empty seats on Saturday. Don't get why people are so precious for a daft seat that happens to be printed on their ticket. For sellout games then fair enough but for likes of Motherwell, Accies, Aberdeen, Killie etc etc. Generally never sit in my own seat and try stand up the back row as I *** hate sitting

You kidding? The sit down rule was rigorously enforced up until about 5 years ago? Then thankfully they saw common sense and relaxed it when Celtic wanted safe standing in.

Some people like to sit. Some like to stand. It's a pity Scottish football authorities and clubs can't organise a piss-up in a brewery cos most away sections can easily accommodate both.
    No I’m not kidding, plus trying to label an area now as a new “Safe Standing” idea surely means they are currently permitting “Unsafe Standing” in a seated area 😂

How can you not sing whilst sitting down?

I'm in a wheelchair and I'm as vocal as anyone during a game.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    There is really no need to be making Fir Park all ticket anyway. A waste of admin and paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    There is really no need to be making Fir Park all ticket anyway. A waste of admin and paper.
    I agree, but it probably eases cash at the turnstiles

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Was at the last game at Well and walked upstairs into the upper stand ans sat in an empty row. If someone had asked for their seat I could have moved forward, back or sideways and not changed my view. Plan on doing the same Saturday.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

No I’m not kidding, plus trying to label an area now as a new “Safe Standing” idea surely means they are currently permitting “Unsafe Standing” in a seated area 😂
    Last time we were at Pittodrie I certainly suffered from Unsafe Standing but that was down to spending too long in Nigg Bay Golf Club and becoming reacquainted with an old flame from my youth in the shape of McEwans Export on tap. My shins took a battering.