hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Same old story yet again.

Fair enough the conditions were dreadful but have you ever seen a tier 1 nation make the same old countless errors like we do?

Also not sure what has happened to Hogg? The last couple of games now, he’s been extremely poor. Not long ago, he was one of the best fullbacks in the world and a certainty to be the Lions 1st choice before he got unfortunately injured in the training before the NZ tour.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a massive rugby fan but enjoy watching the six nations, this has to be the worst game of rugby for errors I have ever watched.
    It was probably the worst conditions I’ve seen an international played in. It was bonkers. Actually enjoyed watching how the teams battled the weather as much as each other. Thought it was going to finish 3-3, which would’ve been funny when you consider the draw last year. The 2 games could not have been any more different.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...-walk-out/amp/

Russell and Townsend come out of this badly.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Read the shortened version on the BBC website and it chimes with what I’d been told from a current squad member and first team regular at Edinburgh. I think it’s best for all if Townsend leaves at the end of this Six Nations campaign. So long as the SRU don’t take Cockerill to replace him, as he’s really got us playing some exceptional domestic rugby this year!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Obviously that is only one side of the story but it does tie in with a few of the things people had said to me about Townsend that I mentioned earlier in the thread? Has Russell got history as a troublemaker or has he had disciplinary issues?

In saying that if he was told it was decided the players should only be having 2 beers then he should have stuck to that. Whether he had travelled a long distance, played 13 games or whatever else is largely irrelevant.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Read the shortened version on the BBC website and it chimes with what I’d been told from a current squad member and first team regular at Edinburgh. I think it’s best for all if Townsend leaves at the end of this Six Nations campaign. So long as the SRU don’t take Cockerill to replace him, as he’s really got us playing some exceptional domestic rugby this year!
    When he goes, hopefully yesterday, then Cockerill is the natural choice I feel.

I'm not bothered about domestic rugby compared to how I feel about Scotland. I watch Sale down here but in all honestly, I love how international rugby is still the pinicle of the game. Something lost to football years ago.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Jonny gray out for the rest of the tournament with a hand injury, lord knows when,or even IF his brother will ever be back(injuries as well) we badly need him at lineouts, was reading at the weekend south africa are quite confident of joining the six nations in 2024,until new zealand pointed out SA are contracted to the championship until 2024,japan and even fiji want to join as well 🙄 this wouldn't be good for the likes of Argentina,if SA left they would just be challenging new zealand & Australia again, i've hoped for a few years now that Georgia should get a shot at joining the six nations, either way things WILL change with the set up,even if not until after the WC in france 2023. i just think it will get to TV saturation point....all about the money i guess.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Jonny gray out for the rest of the tournament with a hand injury, lord knows when,or even IF his brother will ever be back(injuries as well) we badly need him at lineouts, was reading at the weekend south africa are quite confident of joining the six nations in 2024,until new zealand pointed out SA are contracted to the championship until 2024,japan and even fiji want to join as well 🙄 this wouldn't be good for the likes of Argentina,if SA left they would just be challenging new zealand & Australia again, i've hoped for a few years now that Georgia should get a shot at joining the six nations, either way things WILL change with the set up,even if not until after the WC in france 2023. i just think it will get to TV saturation point....all about the money i guess.

Are Japan in a nations championship set up or not? Crazy if they aren’t!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Obviously that is only one side of the story but it does tie in with a few of the things people had said to me about Townsend that I mentioned earlier in the thread? Has Russell got history as a troublemaker or has he had disciplinary issues?

In saying that if he was told it was decided the players should only be having 2 beers then he should have stuck to that. Whether he had travelled a long distance, played 13 games or whatever else is largely irrelevant.
    I read an article yesterday which more or less confirms what you've said. I get the impression that Russell is not that popular with some of the members of the squad. Rules are rules and should be followed by everyone.

Toonie seems to be getting it in the neck from all and sundry but at the end of the day its been down to individual errors that have cost us dearly. Its difficult to legislate against that and it remains to be seen if for one,Hoggy retains the captaincy (and maybe even his place) for the next game in a fortnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

His Dad had a big fall out with the SRU where he was director of domestic rugby, took them on for unfair dismissal and won. When Finn's contract with the SRU to play for Glasgow was up they said they couldn't afford to keep him, His Dad said they never even made an offer despite the SRU Chief Exec getting a doubled salary, I think it's fair to say there's a bit of bad feeling!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Nah I’m sorry but SA etc can get tae, if there’s to be another slot created it should be for the next placed European team - like Georgia. It has its novelty value because every week there’s a big game between either England and one of the home nations or France and the other three home nations, inviting another top side into things just turns it into a mini World Cup every year.

Would much prefer a play off between the bottom team in the 6 nations Vs the top tier 2 team in Europe than admit South Africa into the competition.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Like it or not rugby is going the same way as football. Soon the six Nations will be no more. There will be a world league where the top teams will be in a top tier and then after that there will be a second tier. Likely that Scotland at some point will be relegated as we hover around about no 8 to 10 in the rankings. Sadly the six Nations will go the same way as the European cup and the FA cup. Overtaken by progress or money as most of us would call it. Already players in France and England are being played a fortune and that is why you see the top players from all over the world playing international rugby for them.
    World rugby is trying to grow the game and they will see more benefits in a world league where they could get USA and Russia etc involved than keeping the six Nations alive. The USA in particular could be giants of rugby if they could only get it on TV. There are millions of kids who grew up playing American football that don't make it that could be very good rugby players.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Scorchio in Rome this morning, a sunny 24 degrees, it fair makes you bowk!

Oh look... Handing errors inside the 5 yard line undoing all the good work.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

That kick...

Bradbury knocks on 3ft from the try line,no change, 2 mins later hastings hits a quite simple penalty wide, whaes like us eh

can't blame townsend

i just cant take to price, beg laidlaw to come back out of retirement

try hogg 😀
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 22-02-2020 at 02:42 PM.

Another try, Harris this time. Still miss the kick

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    This Wales vs France game is fantastic.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    France look on course for the grand slam now.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    France look on course for the grand slam now.
    Hope so... would love Jones to get his P45. Cant abide the little tw@t

Ireland v Italy called off, wonder if the Italy v england will be called off the following week

Italy v england next weekend has been postponed

i wonder if they will just postpone the other two last weekend fixtues as well(france v ireland and wales v scotland) unless they are waiting to see how results go in this weekends two fixtures first

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Nah I’m sorry but SA etc can get tae, if there’s to be another slot created it should be for the next placed European team - like Georgia. It has its novelty value because every week there’s a big game between either England and one of the home nations or France and the other three home nations, inviting another top side into things just turns it into a mini World Cup every year.
    i wouldn't mind watching games v the all blacks every year :)

but anyway, rumours are the six nations won't be accepting joint bids from ITV/BBC after 2022, instead they want to do a deal with Sky worth £300m, no idea how they will get around the governments "protected" status that ensures some sports will always be live for all to watch freely.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    i wouldn't mind watching games v the all blacks every year :)

but anyway, rumours are the six nations won't be accepting joint bids from ITV/BBC after 2022, instead they want to do a deal with Sky worth £300m, no idea how they will get around the governments "protected" status that ensures some sports will always be live for all to watch freely.

There was talk of Amazon bidding for them. Their EPL coverage was very good. Having said, I hope it stays on terrestrial tv as my concern is this may signal the start of other major events like the World Cup being moved away from terrestrial tv and into the hands of like Sky, BT, etc.
    Last edited by hfc rd; 06-03-2020 at 11:09 PM.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    Would much prefer a play off between the bottom team in the 6 nations Vs the top tier 2 team in Europe than admit South Africa into the competition.
    I don’t want South Africa in it either. Having said that, I feel
    the 6 Nations must definitely change the tournament rules because

1) Georgia deserves a fair chance.
    2) The current system is now unfair (It was fine 10-20 years ago).....a relegation system would also improve the level of all games on Matchday 5.
    3) A new team would make the 6 Nations much more interesting too.

Northern Hemisphere 6 Nations
    England
    Wales
    Ireland
    France
    Scotland
    Italy

Promotion League (Best team goes up)
    Georgia
    Spain
    Romania
    Portugal
    Netherlands
    Russia

The Southern Hemisphere should have their own "6 Nations" tournament too! Teams like Japan showed at the World Cup last autumn that they are capable of competing against the tier 1 nations and should be playing in a major championship.

Southern Hemisphere 6 Nations
    New Zealand
    Australia
    South Africa
    Argentina
    Japan
    Fiji

Promotion League (Best team goes up)
    Tonga
    Samoa
    USA
    Uruguay
    Canada
    Namibia
    Last edited by hfc rd; 06-03-2020 at 11:27 PM.

Some brutal hits in this game. It's like American football without the protection. Wales bullied by England.

this is a seriously dire game of rugby, i've never heard a 70k crowd so quiet

meanwhile we settle down for the 28th scrum

i think the french will eventually get a grip of the game
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 08-03-2020 at 03:37 PM.

ta ta number 3, deserved red card.... le thug

this is better 14-7 HT le good guys

dear murrayfield can you please get shot of the female that likes screaming in that mic
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 08-03-2020 at 03:56 PM.