hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Done, all for it. Initially in the East sections 44 and 45 with view to doing the whole East eventually.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Done, all for it. Initially in the East sections 44 and 45 with view to doing the whole East eventually.
    Would look amazing if that could happen eventually.

Imagine walking out of the tunnel and staring over at roughly 6,000 Hibbys in rail seating. Would look amazing.

@hibs.net private member
    East all day long for me.

Get the singing section near the traditional east stand singers and in reasonable proximity to the away fans and have easter road bouncing again. Far better than 2 areas of the ground singing out of sync and not getting the noise levels to where we want them to be, which is what has been happening the last 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post

Imagine walking out of the tunnel and staring over at roughly 6,000 Hibbys in rail seating. Would look amazing.

Lets hope Hibs make this happen in 44/45 to begin with. I'd move my ST there.

Tbh I remain uncertain what exactly is being looked into. Rail seating in a specific section or the singing section moving elsewhere from their current location but with no actual seating amendments in the stadium?
    Last edited by lyonhibs; 22-01-2020 at 09:24 AM.

Coaching Staff
    Perfect, so we agree that unallocated seating (or more specifically terracing) is an absolute priority, and that younger supporters are completely hampered by the sanitisation of modern football through all-seater stadia.

The reason why atmospheres were better back then (and I was there a lot of weeks despite your implication otherwise) is because more people were willing to join in with singing. There is a type of Hibs fan nowadays who seems to have zero interest in this, and indeed views those who do like to sing with some sort of suspicion.

Apart from:

- being shunted into the corner of the FF Upper to appease stubborn fans
    - being harassed and filmed routinely by Police Scotland at away games
    - being viewed by a % of the Hibs support as just some guys banging a drum, rather than a key part of the support
    - being unable to drink at the ground because of draconian laws that are forty years out of date
    - being told that safe standing won't be prioritised over the playing budget, and then pissing away said budget on dross like Vela
    - having a safety officer who cannot understand that legality does not equate to morality, and as such seems to defend the ban of pyrotechnics with "but they're illegal!!!", rather than justify why

There will, in the next twenty years or so, be a trend towards improving the atmosphere in Scottish grounds. I'd sure like to think I was on the right side of that movement, rather than working obstinately against it.
    You seem to think atmosphere should only be created by a group of fans in a co-ordinated way?

Folk who feel strongly enough about atmosphere should create it, spontaneously. Plenty of opportunity to do that without worrying about what is happening in a long standing family section.

If you think that policing and stewarding is difficult now, you've seen nothing!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post

Get the singing section near the traditional east stand singers and in reasonable proximity to the away fans and have easter road bouncing again. Far better than 2 areas of the ground singing out of sync and not getting the noise levels to where we want them to be, which is what has been happening the last 2 seasons.

Singing section back to the East? Agreed.

Standing section? Behind the goals in the FF please.

Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post

The fact is that the Singing Section never left the East Stand.

A group of the most active Ultras did and the displays have been great. But the exercise to induce ALL the singers to move to the FF failed. Because as much as those of us in Sections 42 to 44 love to stand and sing we primarily want a great view.

High up from the East we can easily see both goals and the whole pitch. From the North Stand the view is not nearly as good. So it’s unrealistic to expect more people to flood over to the FF just because there are rails. My group have been standing in S43 for ten years. Quite safely as it happens

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post

A group of the most active Ultras did and the displays have been great. But the exercise to induce ALL the singers to move to the FF failed. Because as much as those of us in Sections 42 to 44 love to stand and sing we primarily want a great view.

High up from the East we can easily see both goals and the whole pitch. From the North Stand the view is not nearly as good. So it’s unrealistic to expect more people to flood over to the FF just because there are rails. My group have been standing in S43 for ten years. Quite safely as it happens
    We stand in S43 and you're spot on about the view.

you can stay away from FF lower middle section as far as im concerned , im there with my kids and have been for a long time...off to the east, drown out the opposition fansid be happy to stand in the FF lower though but without the cheap ching and buckie brigade

When will we see the results of your survey?

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post

Personally I'd rather have a better atmosphere and the team being more in encouraged whilst having a good view than the crap atmosphere we have now with a great view

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    We stand in S43 and you're spot on about the view.
    I also used to stand in 43 for a couple of seasons a few years back, and the view was one of my favourite things about it (and I'm including the sunsets over the Forth in that)

I agree with the point made, safe standing isn't necessarily the be all and end all, but we do need some sort of clarity about where standing for the 90 minutes is permitted to take place in Easter Road. I would much rather it was at the top of the East, and we said (for example) the last 20 rows 45, 44, 43 and 42 are all (nominally) standing areas, and put it on the website so that anyone buying a ticket in that area could know what to expect.

Having said that, with safety restrictions the way that they are, I don't think the club are even allowed to come out and say "this is a standing area" unless they have a safe standing license in place, hence why these discussions are being had

Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    I also used to stand in 43 for a couple of seasons a few years back, and the view was one of my favourite things about it (and I'm including the sunsets over the Forth in that)

I agree with the point made, safe standing isn't necessarily the be all and end all, but we do need some sort of clarity about where standing for the 90 minutes is permitted to take place in Easter Road. I would much rather it was at the top of the East, and we said (for example) the last 20 rows 45, 44, 43 and 42 are all (nominally) standing areas, and put it on the website so that anyone buying a ticket in that area could know what to expect.

Having said that, with safety restrictions the way that they are, I don't think the club are even allowed to come out and say "this is a standing area" unless they have a safe standing license in place, hence why these discussions are being had
    Sometimes the sunset is the best part of 90 mins

Thank you all for your responses.

Here are the results so far, we have also taken into account the number of people that have said the FFL middle should have been an option.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-YLD2WH2R7/

Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post

Here are the results so far, we have also taken into account the number of people that have said the FFL middle should have been an option.

Overwhelming majority opting for the East which was my choice as well.

@hibs.net private member
    Overwhelming majority opting for the East which was my choice as well.
    Only because behind the goals wasn’t an option. I would predict that section would win hands down ifan option going by the comments on here, Bounce and social media.

However, Hibs have told Since 1875 these are the options and don’t seem in the mood for conversation / negotiating on the matter. Group look to have accepted the options and now pushing on with them.

Really interested to see how quickly this can be implemented. For the start of next season would be excellent. Would need quick work given 20/21 season tickets will be marketed in the next 6-8 weeks going by past release dates.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Only because behind the goals wasn’t an option. I would predict that section would win hands down ifan option going by the comments on here, Bounce and social media.

However, Hibs have told Since 1875 these are the options and don’t seem in the mood for conversation / negotiating on the matter. Group look to have accepted the options and now pushing on with them.

Really interested to see how quickly this can be implemented. For the start of next season would be excellent. Would need quick work given 20/21 season tickets will be marketed in the next 6-8 weeks going by past release dates.

Do we think this will be in for next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post

Cheers and thanks for all your hard work

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Only because behind the goals wasn’t an option. .

You need to have another look as there were two sections in the FF Lower listed as options.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    You need to have another look as there were two sections in the FF Lower listed as options.
    You knew what I meant. Behind the goal - directly behind it, middle section!

@hibs.net private member
    Do we think this will be in for next season?
    No idea... hence my post.

If it does move back to East stand...

Few things to think about..

Keep doing the FF displays over 2 tiers..

Some more displays in East would be good - loved the previous efforts.

I remember all the flags at the back of the East for a few games - this should be reintroduced.

Fans should have Tynie type march every game - with a singsong outside East before heading to seats.

Wouldn’t waste money adding standing rails as not needed. Would rather a better PA / Scoreboard at each end / screens.

Hibs should really look at ways to do something about the empty seats in FF lower - not sure solution but trying to fill the middle 3 sections regularly would be a good start.

Can’t actually remember the last time it looked full.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 23-01-2020 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    If it does move back to East stand...

Few things to think about..

Keep doing the FF displays over 2 tiers..

Some more displays in East would be good - loved the previous efforts.

I remember all the flags at the back of the East for a few games - this should be reintroduced.

Fans should have Tynie type march every game - with a singsong outside East before heading to seats.

Wouldn’t waste money adding standing rails as not needed. Would rather a better PA / Scoreboard at each end / screens.

Hibs should really look at ways to do something about the empty seats in FF lower - not sure solution but trying to fill the middle 3 sections regularly would be a good start.

Can’t actually remember the last time it looked full.
    Novelty would wear off if there was a march every game. Would be good to have one for a home derby though. Fit of the walk to Easter Road or summit.

Not sure being at the end of the East is going to be any different to the current situation? You need it front and centre to maximise it growing to other parts of the stadium. In the East the West punters will hear it, north and south probably not. Mental your most vocal and colourful fans in the UK get punted to the worst parts of the stadium wereas every other country they're front and centre for maximum affect.

Dunno if the attached works for sightlines etc. Not as good as FF lower but a decent compromise over the very end block (45?) of the East.

east.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Novelty would wear off if there was a march every game. Would be good to have one for a home derby though. Fit of the walk to Easter Road or summit.

Not sure being at the end of the East is going to be any different to the current situation? You need it front and centre to maximise it growing to other parts of the stadium. In the East the West punters will hear it, north and south probably not. Mental your most vocal and colourful fans in the UK get punted to the worst parts of the stadium wereas every other country they're front and centre for maximum affect.

Dunno if the attached works for sightlines etc. Not as good as FF lower but a decent compromise over the very end block (45?) of the East.

east.jpg
    Part of that is usually cut out for Category A matches though.

I'm beginning to warm to the idea of doing it in the FFL, one section at a time starting nearest the east. Displaces less Season ticket holders that way.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Think each FFL secton has about 400 seats so good area to start. Gets wet when raining tho.
    Sell the 400 then start to expand if not displacing season tkt families

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I notice that when you look at the different sections on the e-ticket site there are less season tickets sold proportionately in section 25 than in the other sections proposed in the survey, I wonder why?
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

It’s obvious, really. The most cost-effective way of reducing the number of empty seats behind the FF goals would be to move them to be in front of the East.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I notice that when you look at the different sections on the e-ticket site there are less season tickets sold proportionately in section 25 than in the other sections proposed in the survey, I wonder why?
    Location.

The end of the East makes the most sense because those next to the singing section will be more likely to join in and that can then spread down the East. It'll also be clearly audible in the West, although for the sake of those sitting near me I promise not to join in.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.