hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Since 1875 - Safe Standing Survey

We have put together a very short survey as we work with the club to make safe standing at Easter Road a possibility. All responses are appreciated:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3FQ2JGK

2. Log in to remove the advert

What’s the reason for it having to be in a corner? Section 20 would be the ideal position for this so that it can expand out to the sides. Family section in the main stand with best access to players as they warm up pre/during match. Positive steps however that the club are entertaining the possibility

As the purpose is to make ER intimidating for away teams/fans then it would be best close to the away fans, so sections 44/45. Would imagine section 43 would join in with the singing and it would hopefully then spread.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What’s the reason for it having to be in a corner? Section 20 would be the ideal position for this so that it can expand out to the sides. Family section in the main stand with best access to players as they warm up pre/during match. Positive steps however that the club are entertaining the possibility
    I'm assuming it's to do with sight lines. If you have safe standing in the corner, then less people's view of the pitch is impacted by a group standing for 90 minutes

Id like it to be bang centre of behind the goals tbh. But it's a start

Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    I'm assuming it's to do with sight lines. If you have safe standing in the corner, then less people's view of the pitch is impacted by a group standing for 90 minutes
    Makes sense

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Makes sense
    Personally, I support it being 44/45. Much easier to generate atmosphere in the part of the ground that has the most fans wanting to stand and sing for 90 minutes anyway. Hope this works out!

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post

Out of the options available then section 20 is the clear winner. It is the one area that will clearly be visible on TV, which is vital if we're going to do it IMO.

Keep it away from the East Stand.

Needs to be behind the goals in the centre of FF Lower.

The FF empty seats look has been going on too long.

Safe standing for middle 3 sections as a minimum.

Family section moved to south lower for Cat B games and other parts of stadium for Cat A if kids do go to these games.

Even Aberdeen managed to get it right yesterday with flags and standing behind goal.

I voted section 20 but don’t think it’s the way forward - right behind goals would help the club / team.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Keep it away from the East Stand.

Needs to be behind the goals in the centre of FF Lower.

The FF empty seats look has been going on too long.

Safe standing for middle 3 sections as a minimum.

Family section moved to south lower for Cat B games and other parts of stadium for Cat A if kids do go to these games.

Even Aberdeen managed to get it right yesterday with flags and standing behind goal.

I voted section 20 but don’t think it’s the way forward - right behind goals would help the club / team.
    Why do you think it should be kept away from the East stand?

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Why do you think it should be kept away from the East stand?
    East creates its own atmosphere and most folk stand in certain sections anyway.

FF is half full most weeks and looks crap on TV. Would so much better with colour / noise and fans creating more atmosphere.

Left by mutual consent!
    Torn between section 44 and 20.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    East creates its own atmosphere and most folk stand in certain sections anyway.

FF is half full most weeks and looks crap on TV. Would so much better with colour / noise and fans creating more atmosphere.
    Fair enough. Im not against it being in the famous 5 lower but history tells us from the middle of the east towards the south stand has always been king for atmosphere and i dont envisage that ever changing. I can see why the club would be hesitant to have it there though with recent incidents eminating from that part of the ground. The current location isnt great though. I can only ever hear the drum and im in section 38.

@hibs.net private member
    Surely the survey, if for the wider fan base, should include a question about whether we want a safe standing area in the first place.

For me I would be against it if it cost anything that didn't have a chance of being recoupeded with extra attendance. Perhaps a question about would you buy a season ticket rather than move one would be better. I'd also be against it if fans were displaced without a suitable replacement seat. With so many season tickets sold moving fans is problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Fair enough. Im not against it being in the famous 5 lower but history tells us from the middle of the east towards the south stand has always been king for atmosphere and i dont envisage that ever changing. I can see why the club would be hesitant to have it there though with recent incidents eminating from that part of the ground. The current location isnt great though. I can only ever hear the drum and im in section 38.
    Fair play. Bottom line is like you said East will be East.

Let’s try expand the atmosphere and FF lower needs sorted - empty seats and lack of atmosphere needs addressed.

I’m closer to drum than you in east and it’s a struggle to hear sound at time - compare to even a small amount of Away fans in lower and change is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    As the purpose is to make ER intimidating for away teams/fans then it would be best close to the away fans, so sections 44/45. Would imagine section 43 would join in with the singing and it would hopefully then spread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    Personally, I support it being 44/45. Much easier to generate atmosphere in the part of the ground that has the most fans wanting to stand and sing for 90 minutes anyway. Hope this works out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Torn between section 44 and 20.
    Let's get real.
    Any Safe Standing area won't be in the East.

By definition such an area would attract a lot of good guys but it will also attract 95% of the ****s.
    No way will the club want spam the bams next to the away support.
    As much chance of that happening as getting a pint in the East.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar

Since 1875 - Safe Standing Survey

There are a few very simple reasons that every single big team with a large support around the world have their loud singing section directly behind the goals. Liverpool, Utd, Barca, Madrid, Dortmund, Bayern etc etc. Lower FF is the only place this should be considered for. Brutal seeing it barely half full as we shoot towards it second half every home game. Aberdeen’s stand behind the goals is a shambles usually, bit like our FF. They tried something new yesterday and it was full with the folk that usually sit near the away fans. Looked a hundred times better.

Fair play on trying to make progress with this btw

@hibs.net private member
    Back to the East for me. Never been the same since...

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Dempster to 007 - why would you like the safe standing area in section 44/45

007 to Dempster - as the purpose is to make ER intimidating for away teams/fans then it would be best close to the away fans

Dempster - security, get this spaceman out of here
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 19-01-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    There are a few very simple reasons that every single big team with a large support around the world have their loud singing section directly behind the goals. Liverpool, Utd, Barca, Madrid, Dortmund, Bayern etc etc. Lower FF is the only place this should be considered for. Brutal seeing it barely half full as we shoot towards it second half every home game. Aberdeen’s stand behind the goals is a shambles usually, bit like our FF. They tried something new yesterday and it was full with the folk that usually sit near the away fans. Looked a hundred times better.

Fair play on trying to make progress with this btw

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Back to the East for me. Never been the same since...
    Well said.

Who cares if other teams have theirs behind the goals. The East is where the singing comes from at ER so having a singing section anywhere else doesn’t make any sense for us.

The last season before the signing section moved was cracking at ER for atmosphere and I’d love to have them back in the East.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    As long as it's not in front of my seat I'm not bothered.

I'm even less bothered about what it looks like to TV viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post

Short sighted and I'm amazed that some people dont realise the importance of this.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post

Thanks for this. Stick to bowls

Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    We have put together a very short survey as we work with the club to make safe standing at Easter Road a possibility. All responses are appreciated:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3FQ2JGK
    It would help if the link worked on my laptop

OK done now. Its a start, but it should be the whole of the FF lower .. I'm convinced you would fill it for big games and get between 1000 to 1500 fans in it for bog standard league games, provided there were no allocated seats ... IE season tickets and walk up tickets would simply say FF lower.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Didnt bother voting, as FF middle is not an option.

Shame no option for middle of FF lower but voted 20
    Last edited by Since452; 20-01-2020 at 05:27 AM.

Folk getting so bothered about "what it looks like on the telly" are, IMO, wanting safe standing for the wrong reasons, as if it's a pissing contest with other clubs to see who can look the best on telly.

Safe standing, and its proponents, are newcomers to a world of currently fully seated stadia with long term season ticket holders in all 3 stands and the idea that loads of them should be told to like it or lump it is hilarious and does safe standing no favours.
    Should start wherever it will have the least impact on existing ST holders then grow from there if it's a success.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Folk getting so bothered about "what it looks like on the telly" are, IMO, wanting safe standing for the wrong reasons, as if it's a pissing contest with other clubs to see who can look the best on telly.

Safe standing, and its proponents, are newcomers to a world of currently fully seated stadia with long term season ticket holders in all 3 stands and the idea that loads of them should be told to like it or lump it is hilarious and does safe standing no favours.
    Should start wherever it will have the least impact on existing ST holders then grow from there if it's a success.
    Spot on.