hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Martin Boyle

Guy at work reckons Boyle is at celtic now, but this is also a guy who claims james Forrest is the better player.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they do get him, he could well end up sitting on his arse for a year, like Allan or Mulumbu. Moving to Celtic does run the risk of stalling your career for a couple of years if you find yourself unable to break into the team, even if you're good enough be a key player for one of the other sides in the league.
    There's every chance that McGinn could have found himself on the bench way too often. I think it'd be a terrible move for Boyler TBH.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Tell them no we need him and if MB doesn't like it tough ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Tell them no we need him and if MB doesn't like it tough ****.
    That's the Butcher-esque treatment he deserves right enough. A pissed off player who probably holds influence in the dressing room ain't a good thing.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    That's the Butcher-esque treatment he deserves right enough. A pissed off player who probably holds influence in the dressing room ain't a good thing.
    No its not its the Hibs need him approach and it can be assessed in summer when we have a lot more options until then he stays put and gets on with it along with the rest of the players. I am quite sure McGinn would have wanted to play for Celtic.

Butcher approach aye ok. A club telling player we need you and not wishing to sell to rival close to window ending has FA to do with Butcher.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 23-01-2020 at 10:18 AM.

I'd be genuinely surprised if boyler wanted to be a squad player there or Hibs would let him go. Would take a bid north of £1.5m as we couldn't replace him this window. He's too vital right now. Summer window might be different though. We shall see. I'd expect a couple more players in tbh.

No its not its the Hibs need him approach and it can be assessed in summer when we have a lot more options until then he stays put and gets on with it along with the rest of the players. I am quite sure McGinn would have wanted to play for Celtic.

Butcher approach aye ok. A club telling player we need you and not wishing to sell to rival close to window ending has FA to do with Butcher.
    Telling him "tough ****" isn't a Butcheresque approach?

If we want to keep him we need to put a positive case to him as to why Hibs are the best place to continue his career. A player who doesn't want to be here would drag the dressing room down which telling him "tough ****" would result in.

Left by mutual consent!
    Telling him "tough ****" isn't a Butcheresque approach?

If we want to keep him we need to put a positive case to him as to why Hibs are the best place to continue his career. A player who doesn't want to be here would drag the dressing room down which telling him "tough ****" would result in.
    I didnt say tell him tough **** did I? I said its tough **** if he wants the move and we don't irrespective of how JR puts it would not mean he still didn't want to move.

I didnt say tell him tough **** did I? I said its tough **** if he wants the move and we don't irrespective of how JR puts it would not mean he still didn't want to move.
    "Tell them no we need him and if MB doesn't like it tough ****."

Also, don't insult your or my intelligence by saying that you meant to say take the attitude of tough ****, because that's no different in how that's going to drag down an influential player in the dressing room. You're wrong, it happens to everyone, let's move on.

Offer him an improved deal make him our highest paid player and tell Celtic to bolt .

Left by mutual consent!

Yes thanks for reminding me at no point did I say to tell him "tough ****". If MB wants to leave and JR wants to keep him and says why etc etc MB will still want to probably go but JR says we want to keep you and if we dont sell him then thats tough **** for him.

Left by mutual consent!

Also, don't insult your or my intelligence by saying that you meant to say take the attitude of tough ****, because that's no different in how that's going to drag down an influential player in the dressing room. You're wrong, it happens to everyone, let's move on.
    No I didnt mean to say I did say.

Well you are wrong so consider your intelligence insulted and thanks also for telling me what I actually meant as well. I will send my next posts over for you to proof read and tell me what I actually mean or wish to say. So I agree you are wrong so best move on.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 23-01-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    I'd be genuinely surprised if boyler wanted to be a squad player there or Hibs would let him go. Would take a bid north of £1.5m as we couldn't replace him this window. He's too vital right now. Summer window might be different though. We shall see. I'd expect a couple more players in tbh.
    I would be genuinely surprised if he didn't want to triple / quadruple / ???? his wages, play in the Champions League and win cups and leagues.

Well you are wrong so consider your intelligence insulted and thanks also for telling me what I actually meant as well.
    Decisions like that have to make sure that the player goes along with it too. Saying to the player "I think you'd be better waiting to the summer window when more clubs are likely to have the budget; Celtic have a number of wingers and if you continue to play like you have here then you'll have bigger clubs offering more money in the summer in for you. However if you want to stay here then we'll happily offer you a contract on improved terms and allow you to continue the legacy you're building at this club and we can help you look at coaching options in the future" has a much better effect than "We need you and if you don't like it then tough ****".

It's really, really not difficult to understand.

Left by mutual consent!
    Decisions like that have to make sure that the player goes along with it too. Saying to the player "I think you'd be better waiting to the summer window when more clubs are likely to have the budget; Celtic have a number of wingers and if you continue to play like you have here then you'll have bigger clubs offering more money in the summer in for you. However if you want to stay here then we'll happily offer you a contract on improved terms and allow you to continue the legacy you're building at this club and we can help you look at coaching options in the future" has a much better effect than "We need you and if you don't like it then tough ****".

It's really, really not difficult to understand.
    Im not 5 btw.

You think I dont know it would be more than my one sentence comment on it? if a club bid you think I dont know loads of factors would be considered and discussions had? Bottom line is if he wanted to go and that is the angle I was on and we wanted to keep him then thats just tough, just like it was tough **** for Scott Allan and loads of players not sold right away when looking to go.

If we sell Boyle in this window (which I don’t think we will) the season is done. No way we get anybody in who gets close to the numbers he’s recording at the moment. Since the Aberdeen game he’s scored or assisted every goal we’ve scored.

Im not 5 btw.

You think I dont know it would be more than my one sentence comment on it? if a club bid you think I dont know loads of factors would be considered and discussions had? Bottom line is if he wanted to go and that is the angle I was on and we wanted to keep him then thats just tough, just like it was tough **** for Scott Allan and loads of players not sold right away when looking to go.
    I'm getting more than a little sick of the support who comment on club business who appear to show no real knowledge of how modern football has changed. Player power in the dressing room is massive and you can see on Twitter and the likes every day that every decision the club makes you have a thousand Football Manager players getting torn into the club at every opportunity.

If Martin Boyle goes this window it'll be because he wants to go. If he stays it'll be because he wants to stay. The way that an old firm club have the media on side means there's not much that a club like Hibs can do to keep them if they're convinced they want to go. We only sold Scott Allan to Celtic as Rangers unsettled him enough to ensure that a move was happening one way or another.

If you think that if we could keep Boyle if Celtic put in a reasonable bid and if Boyle wants to go to Celtic then you're in la la land. It still won't stop the usual twitter brigade from slating the club if it does happen though.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm getting more than a little sick of the support who comment on club business who appear to show no real knowledge of how modern football has changed. Player power in the dressing room is massive and you can see on Twitter and the likes every day that every decision the club makes you have a thousand Football Manager players getting torn into the club at every opportunity.

If Martin Boyle goes this window it'll be because he wants to go. If he stays it'll be because he wants to stay. The way that an old firm club have the media on side means there's not much that a club like Hibs can do to keep them if they're convinced they want to go. We only sold Scott Allan to Celtic as Rangers unsettled him enough to ensure that a move was happening one way or another.

If you think that if we could keep Boyle if Celtic put in a reasonable bid and if Boyle wants to go to Celtic then you're in la la land. It still won't stop the usual twitter brigade from slating the club if it does happen though.
    Intelligence insulted now your sick of people who have no knowledge of how modern football has changed. Did Scott Allan want to play for Rangers? or stay here? Did he sign for Rangers? What if Celtic put in an unreasonable bid? Would that stop Boyle still wanting to go there? So we knock back Celtic he doesnt go tough **** when he might have wanted to but we rejected bid.

Intelligence insulted now your sick of people who have no knowledge of how modern football has changed. Did Scott Allan want to play for Rangers? or stay here? Did he sign for Rangers? What if Celtic put in an unreasonable bid? Would that stop Boyle still wanting to go there? So we knock back Celtic he doesnt go tough **** when he might have wanted to but we rejected bid.
    He put in a transfer request. We managed to avoid him going to Rangers but that didn't stop him from leaving the club. If he'd stayed with us and been happy to stay with us you may have had a point but you don't.

Let's leave it there. I don't have the time and you're not going to change your mind.

Left by mutual consent!
    He put in a transfer request. We managed to avoid him going to Rangers but that didn't stop him from leaving the club. If he'd stayed with us and been happy to stay with us you may have had a point but you don't.

Let's leave it there. I don't have the time and you're not going to change your mind.
    Ok tell me then Celtic bid £750k we want £1.25m Boyle wants to go and thinks offer is fair club dont, how does that chat go? Tough?

What is their to change my mind about?

Ok tell me then Celtic bid £750k we want £1.25m Boyle wants to go and thinks offer is fair club dont, how does that chat go? Tough?
    Celtic wont offer anything like 750k . it will be closer to 75k

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Celtic wont offer anything like 750k . it will be closer to 75k
    Its the premise not the offer ok then 75k we want 125k

What is their to change my mind about?
    More than likely leads to a bit of negotiation and a deal to suit all parties.

Boyle isn’t going to get too many more chances to get a move that potentially sets him up for life. If he gets an opportunity I’d be surprised if he didn’t want to go.

First Team Breakthrough EAZY-ME's Avatar
    We've lost our best players to celtic for years it's not going to change now...we will just need to see what happens

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    More than likely leads to a bit of negotiation and a deal to suit all parties.

Boyle isn’t going to get too many more chances to get a move that potentially sets him up for life. If he gets an opportunity I’d be surprised if he didn’t want to go.
    We are too far apart so what happens?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I reckon we'll keep him this window but he'll be away in the summer.

Only way this goes ahead imo is if we somehow manage to hijacks Lewis Morgan’s deal to Miami.

What was his repotted fee? 400k?

So 500k plus Morgan.

That being said I imagine it would be a fairly decision for Morgan to decline us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I reckon we'll keep him this window but he'll be away in the summer.
    I am thinking this and I think by then he may have a few other offers in the making. We should though still look at his current deal and take it to the max we can.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Honestly, if it's going through this month then the only deal I see the fans being happy with is a part-exchange for Griffiths, or possibly Morgan on a permanent deal.

If they give us £1M, great, but will Hibs go out and spend that money on a replacement? Nah, some duffer will come in on loan. We won't reinvest, certainly not in January.

We are too far apart so what happens?
    There are so many potential ways it could go. Depending on the player reaction the value could change because you suddenly don’t think there is as much value in keeping him. Anything could happen and what the player wants definitely plays a part.