hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Naismith & Porteous injuries

Jack Ross saying he is fearing the worst and it's not looking positive. Both with previous knee injuries and going for scans Monday.

Might see us needing to sign a defender - maybe at the expense of someone we had already targetted like McNulty

2. Log in to remove the advert

That's gutting.

Is the same knee with Porteous?

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jack Ross saying he is fearing the worst and it's not looking positive. Both with previous knee injuries and going for scans Monday.

Might see us needing to sign a defender - maybe at the expense of someone we had already targetted like McNulty
    That’s disappointing. And the fact we have Jackson and James who on paper should be ready replacements but clearly aren’t makes things more frustrating.

Hopefully not too serious.

Thankfully Gray and McGregor are now back. Versatile Whittaker can play a number of positions (strong in the tackle today) and another line or cover of James and Jackson (no chance of the latter leaving if Porteous injury is bad). I would hold nerves and if bringing in more make it higher up the pitch.

Not good news.
    Cougars!!!

To me Porteous gets on the wrong side of players and then dives in instead of staying on his feet.He’s just piling up the injuries and must learn.

It's dreadful news for them, wonder if that gives Jackson and James a chance. With neither being on the bench i thought they may be getting moved on.

Not against Jackson potentially being given a chance but not as happy if James comes back in. Genuinely think hes a poor defender and Gray should be 1st choice now.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Just what we didn't need. Devastating news for them.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    That's terrible.

Unfortunately if Naismith is long term then we'll probably cancel his loan and bring in someone else.

Is Ambrose still available?

That would seem to make perfect sense now if it didn't before.

Gutted for both of them.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Gutted for both of them. Hopefully the scan results come back and it's not as serious as first thought.

Naismith was very unlucky, landed weirdly and that was that, Porteous does himself no favours at times, needs to stay on his feet more and stop jumping into challenges, hope both are not too serious.

Porteous reminds me of James McPake. Throwing himself about needlessly. Glad he walked off. Makes me think it isn't too serious

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    To me Porteous gets on the wrong side of players and then dives in instead of staying on his feet.He’s just piling up the injuries and must learn.
    Spot on. He has bags of potential but positional sense is a basic. Between this and being way too aggressive in the tackle at times, he's going to end up spending a lot of time injured or suspended.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Porteous reminds me of James McPake. Throwing himself about needlessly. Glad he walked off. Makes me think it isn't too serious
    That’s what I thought today too. Often found himself out of position charging for a ball that he wasn’t winning, think it ended up costing us the first goal.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    We are starting to look light at the back if any of these injuries are serious
    We’ve got potentially 6 games in next 3 weeks, providing we win the replay
    We can’t rely on a 35 year old Whitaker and 34 year old Darren Mcgregor to play all these fixtures, much as I know they’ll give their all

Fingers crossed we get good news on Porteous and Naismith

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Hopefully not too serious.

Thankfully Gray and McGregor are now back. Versatile Whittaker can play a number of positions (strong in the tackle today) and another line or cover of James and Jackson (no chance of the latter leaving if Porteous injury is bad). I would hold nerves and if bringing in more make it higher up the pitch.
    Strong in the tackle apart from their 2nd goal.

JR Hibs TV interview said he was a little concerned but he didn’t strike me as suggesting it was terrible news.

As ever will need to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Can't quite put my finger on it.
    Seems impatient.
    Hurt himself in the 1st half when he jumped in on top of Naysmith and a Dundee Utd player when it looked like he should have stayed out of it for another fraction of a second.
    Trying to hard?
    Needs to be more measured and chill a bit.
    A great young player but is needlessly giving his body a tough time than is required.
    Gray has a bit of that about him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    JR Hibs TV interview said he was a little concerned but he didn’t strike me as suggesting it was terrible news.

As ever will need to wait and see.
    Good call, that sounds less serious.
    Would hate Porteous to have injured himself badly again.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    We can’t rely on a 35 year old Whitaker and 34 year old Darren Mcgregor to play all these fixtures, much as I know they’ll give their all

I think we have a big squad and the guys at the back are much of a muchness.
    Accordingly I wouldn't be worried having Gray in instead of Naismith and McGregor in for Porteous with James and Jackson still behind the replacements.
    However, the last thing we want are serious injuries so fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    He didn't look upset when he was going round the pitch in discussion with the medical staff so hopefully just an aggravation which needs a couple of weeks to repair itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

Yep the games are coming thick and fast and both out for several weeks is crap news
    Manager not founding hope-full
    Last thing we needed Gray needs games to get match fit but would of preferred to ease him back and avoid him breaking down as the chances of him staying injury free till end of Season are slim based on his history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Porteous was walking quite freely at full time. No visable limp at all.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Can't quite put my finger on it.
    Seems impatient.
    Hurt himself in the 1st half when he jumped in on top of Naysmith and a Dundee Utd player when it looked like he should have stayed out of it for another fraction of a second.
    Trying to hard?
    Needs to be more measured and chill a bit.
    A great young player but is needlessly giving his body a tough time than is required.
    Gray has a bit of that about him as well.

I dont think it's down to trying too hard, I personally feel he just perhaps hasn't learnt the position fully yet. He needs to quickly realise the times to attack the ball & when to drop off and assess situations. Which isn't a dig at him, you generally dont get top class CBs his age so hopefully he starts taking it on board.

I'd have hoped he would perhaps have guidance from McGregor & Hanlon but maybe it's no coincidence his best spell came when he was in alongside Ambrose.

Is Canadian defender Sadiki ( ? ) not an option ? Never seen him but seems to get good writeups in Development team matches . Incidentally I see we`re due to play Arabs in Reserve League Cup tie away the day before the replay .

I’m a big fan of Porteous but for me he needs to buck up his ideas and quick.

At times he looks brilliant, but he’s not learning from his mistakes it seems and despite being told by several managers and players he still makes the idiotic tackles like today.

How many times has he flung himself into a tackle for no real reason and came out with a red, injury or it being costly to the team?

If he’s clipped he seems to be down on the ground for an age making out he’s injured instead of getting up and getting on with the game.

The first goal today he went running out like a headless chicken and left a massive gap in behind.

He’s going from a player with massive potential to a complete liability.