hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Venomous Hibs fans shown up by classy Rangers support after loan swap

Apologies for another Kamberi thread, but thought that this needed its own one. Admins, feel free to merge with anything you deem fit for such rubbish.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/venomous-hibs-fans-shown-up-by-classy-rangers-support-after-loan-swap/

For those who don't want to click on the report from The Rangers News, I've copied it below.

The difference between the treatment of Rangers midfielder Greg Docherty and Hibs striker Florian Kamberi from their respective sets of fans after a reverse loan deal has been staggering.

One is playing for one of his boyhood club’s rivals to try and earn a spot with the team he loves, the other is a continental footballer with ambitions to become an international.

And yet, it is the player with no historic attachment to the team from which he moves who is on the receiving end of the most stick.

Florian Kamberi has been hit with a deluge of some pretty disgraceful and disgusting comments from members of the Hibernian support.

After Kamberi’s move to Ibrox, the striker claimed that playing for Rangers is a “dream” of his and described the Rangers support as “the best in the world”. “For me, Ibrox is the best atmosphere I have ever played in,” said Kamberi.

Not that those Hibs fans can hide behind the comments as a justification for their behaviour – the abuse was pouring in even before Kamberi signed on the dotted line.

But let’s get this clear here – Kamberi moving to Ibrox isn’t deserving of the scale of abuse those Hibs fans have given him.

It’s been venomous, classless and shows members of the Hibs support up to be petty, bitter and at times bigoted individuals.

If anything, Rangers fans by rights should be more peeved off about boyhood supporter Greg Docherty turning out for the Easter Road club.

Florian Kamberi is a Swiss/Albanian forward with ambitions to play for as big a club as possible to enhance his career.

Docherty is turning out for a club where members of the support hiss obscenities towards the team he loves.

So why are Rangers fans encouraging the Ibrox midfielder whilst Hibs fans are aiming a barrage of abuse at their former striker?
    Last edited by theonlywayisup; 02-02-2020 at 04:13 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The article has one response from an 'unbigotted' The Rangers fan, who states:

FK has brought this nonsense on himself with his comments- how would any fan base respond to the comments he made when he still contracted to their club- I hope for his sake hes a success at Ibrox and scores loads to get signed permanently.

They're still hurting

Bigoted??????? You couldn’t make it up!

I'd love it to be us who mathematically end their title hopes, it would push them over the edge.

@hibs.net private member
    I simply don't understand why we want to do business with them. Guilty by association.

Left by mutual consent!
    The article might be a bit more grown up if they actually gave some examples to back up their criticisms.

Left by mutual consent!
    You can argue about levels of abuse however comparing reactions is a non starter.

Docherty has not disrespected his parent club. So therefore the 2 situations are not comparable. BTW FK is a ****er

I read some comment on here hoping that Kamberi got an injury to take him out for the season. As a support don't think we've covered ourselves with glory on this one.

Idiotic Hibs player on loan from Rangers is being shown up by professional Rangers player on loan to Hibs.

I've spoken to a few Rangers fans about this and to a man they think Kamberi is acting like a dick and would be best off shutting his mouth.

This is about the actions and words of the players, not the fans. Docherty is being professional, respecting the fans of both clubs.

Kamberi is frankly an embarrassment.

He's going to need to play his football at Rangers at a never before seen level of competence and consistency to come away from this unscathed.

Docherty on the other hand is only likely to go on to better things.

Blog Entries
    My first reaction was to hit the roof but, thinking about it, I think it’s actually quite funny.

Just the usual codswallop from them ... I honestly don't know why they bother coz all it ever does is just give us all a good laugh at their expense.

Imagine if a player went from Man Utd to Liverpool or vice versa and made a comment like Kamberi did ... he wouldn't be able to show his face in the cities of Manchester or Liverpool again, never mind pull on one of their shirts. If any player going from most of the clubs in Scotland to either of the uglies has made that statement the reaction would have been the same and they know it.

It's the one fact the Huns have never been able to grasp ... Other fans don't hate 'The Ranjurz' coz we are bigots, we hate them because they are bigots.

"Not that those Hibs fans can hide behind the comments as a justification for their behaviour –"

Speaks volumes as to their mindset that they think there's justification to be had in hiding behind things - like they hide behind "Rangers tradition" to justify hating Irish Catholics.

I hate Rangers as they've facilitated more bigotry than any other institution in Scotland bar the Church of Scotland and at least the CoS had ancient, mindless ignorance to hide behind.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    The one who can write is just showing off.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    You'd think they'd know what actually constitutes a bigot, then again maybe not.

Sevconians, they're worse than former followers of the now defunct Glasgow rangers.

Maybe they think they'll win their first proper silverware with Kamberi

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I simply don't understand why we want to do business with them. Guilty by association.
    You can feel guilty all you want

What do you suggest we do instead?

If Docherty had been in the paper making statements like Flo apparently has, I’d imagine they’d be furious as a support.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I read some comment on here hoping that Kamberi got an injury to take him out for the season. As a support don't think we've covered ourselves with glory on this one.

I’m not defending Kamberi’s comments (which are very stupid) but some reactions have been hysterical.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Rangers fans and their associated media teams are thick as pig ****. Best ignored.

Left by mutual consent!
    Still not over it. Giruy 🏆

Left by mutual consent!
    Classy Rangers support🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Aye ok

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ........“No one likes us , we don’t care”........

They care, they care an awful lot and they just can’t take it.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    This is nothing to do with Rangers I’m afraid, but all to do with Flo
    Let’s keep this civil, as we might want to sign Docherty

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by some bitter Rangers fan;
    The difference between the treatment of Rangers midfielder Greg Docherty and Hibs striker Florian Kamberi from their respective sets of fans after a reverse loan deal has been staggering.

One is playing for one of his boyhood club’s rivals to try and earn a spot with the team he loves, the other is a continental footballer with ambitions to become an international.

And yet, it is the player with no historic attachment to the team from which he moves who is on the receiving end of the most stick.

Florian Kamberi has been hit with a deluge of some pretty disgraceful and disgusting comments from members of the Hibernian support.

After Kamberi’s move to Ibrox, the striker claimed that playing for Rangers is a “dream” of his and described the Rangers support as “the best in the world”. “For me, Ibrox is the best atmosphere I have ever played in,” said Kamberi.

Not that those Hibs fans can hide behind the comments as a justification for their behaviour – the abuse was pouring in even before Kamberi signed on the dotted line.

But let’s get this clear here – Kamberi moving to Ibrox isn’t deserving of the scale of abuse those Hibs fans have given him.

It’s been venomous, classless and shows members of the Hibs support up to be petty, bitter and at times bigoted individuals.

If anything, Rangers fans by rights should be more peeved off about boyhood supporter Greg Docherty turning out for the Easter Road club.

Florian Kamberi is a Swiss/Albanian forward with ambitions to play for as big a club as possible to enhance his career.

Docherty is turning out for a club where members of the support hiss obscenities towards the team he loves.

So why are Rangers fans encouraging the Ibrox midfielder whilst Hibs fans are aiming a barrage of abuse at their former striker?
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    I'd love it to be us who mathematically end their title hopes, it would push them over the edge.
    Any reliance on Kamberi will do that for them

F*** Sevco News and their hypocrisy.

How would they feel if Docherty said that playing for Hibs had always been his ambition from the moment he first signed for Sevco, whilst Kamberi had said that he hoped to play well enough for Sevco to get his place back at Hibs?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    ........“No one likes us , we don’t care”........

They care, they care an awful lot and they just can’t take it.
    One day these silverware virgins will win a proper cup and they'll forget all about the time the Hibees gave them a quick feel, then disappeared out of sight leaving them with nothing but their wee red hands.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Apologies for another Kamberi thread, but thought that this needed its own one. Admins, feel free to merge with anything you deem fit for such rubbish.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/veno...ter-loan-swap/

For those who don't want to click on the report from The Rangers News, I've copied it below.

Still having nightmares about Anthony Stokes from nearly 4 years ago.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/veno...ter-loan-swap/

where have you been and do you read anything related to the Snowflake’s move to Sevco and his comments??

He was VERY fortunate at Hibs due to the fact there was a contingent among the fans that ignored his poor displays and in fact some stated he was our best player. The guy is an imposter with a big heid and a bad attitude - our club will be much better without him, we don’t want him back!

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    So remind me...they were 2-1 up, then...?