hibs.net Messageboard

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1

    P4 Parking ticket

    Received a parking ticket yesterday from P4 parking when helping a family member move. Has anyone else had a ticket from this mob and did you ignore or pay?

    I've no idea how quickly they ticketed the car as I must have been out of it 10 minutes going by the time on the ticket


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Received a parking ticket yesterday from P4 parking when helping a family member move. Has anyone else had a ticket from this mob and did you ignore or pay?

    I've no idea how quickly they ticketed the car as I must have been out of it 10 minutes going by the time on the ticket
    Are you a PM? There's a long thread about parking charge notices on there.

    Where were you parked?

    Was it obvious that you were in a private car park area?

    Were there clear signs?

    Was the PCN on the car or posted to you?
    They tried to bury us, they didn't realise we were seeds.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you a PM? There's a long thread about parking charge notices on there.

    Where were you parked?

    Was it obvious that you were in a private car park area?

    Were there clear signs?

    Was the PCN on the car or posted to you?
    The old bonds on commercial Street (scotgov side). I was helping a family member move. I never even noticed any signs up tbh. There's no clearly marked bays or anything. I'm guessing the flat should have some sort of pass for things like this but engaging is admitting liability. I've never heard of them before

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The old bonds on commercial Street (scotgov side). I was helping a family member move. I never even noticed any signs up tbh. There's no clearly marked bays or anything. I'm guessing the flat should have some sort of pass for things like this but engaging is admitting liability. I've never heard of them before
    London based company.

    Right, don't appeal, but keep the PCN in case they escalate it. The only time you need to respond is when a bona-fide lawyer writes saying that they have been instructed by the company to take court action. Before that you will have got a notice to owner, do not respond.

    When you get the lawyers letter, write back acknowledgement as registered owner, NEVER mention the driver's name, telling them that as registered owner you are not liable for the driver's actions.


    Worth having a look at this forum.


    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163
    They tried to bury us, they didn't realise we were seeds.

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    14,946
    Just had a quick look on Google maps, I known where you were and there is definitely signs about parking. But follow the advice on the MSE forum for PCNs in Scotland. There is no registered keeper liability, yet. Bloody Murdo Fraser is trying to change it.
    They tried to bury us, they didn't realise we were seeds.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    London based company.

    Right, don't appeal, but keep the PCN in case they escalate it. The only time you need to respond is when a bona-fide lawyer writes saying that they have been instructed by the company to take court action. Before that you will have got a notice to owner, do not respond.

    When you get the lawyers letter, write back acknowledgement as registered owner, NEVER mention the driver's name, telling them that as registered owner you are not liable for the driver's actions.


    Worth having a look at this forum.


    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163
    Cheers. I'll have a look. Appreciate your time

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just had a quick look on Google maps, I known where you were and there is definitely signs about parking. But follow the advice on the MSE forum for PCNs in Scotland. There is no registered keeper liability, yet. Bloody Murdo Fraser is trying to change it.
    When you say Murdo Fraser do you actually mean the Scottish Government and the Transport Scotland Bill?

    A bill that I thought had been passed last October.

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you say Murdo Fraser do you actually mean the Scottish Government and the Transport Scotland Bill?

    A bill that I thought had been passed last October.
    No. I mean this pile of sh it


    https://www.parliament.scot/parliamentarybusiness/Bills/106912.aspx

    We, in Scotland, were able to ignore the private parking charges as there was no registered keeper liability like there is in the RUK. This numpty wants to bring Scotland into line with England and Wales so that they can prosecute car owners.


    I think his ammendment may have been included. Damn.
    Last edited by Moulin Yarns; 19-01-2020 at 02:42 PM.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. I mean this pile of sh it


    https://www.parliament.scot/parliamentarybusiness/Bills/106912.aspx

    We, in Scotland, were able to ignore the private parking charges as there was no registered keeper liability like there is in the RUK. This numpty wants to bring Scotland into line with England and Wales so that they can prosecute car owners.


    I think his ammendment may have been included. Damn.
    So do you now have to pay up or can you continue to ignore these? What if you were issued one (for example in September) before the amendment on October?

  11. #10
    So the proposal was withdrawn and going no further?

  12. #11
    Testimonial Due hibby6270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Leith, Edinburgh
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,127
    Council parking ticket - you definitely have to pay.
    Police or traffic warden ticket - you definitely have to pay.

    Private land parking ticket - you donít have to pay.

    They are invoicing you to make a payment. If you ignore it, there is nothing in law they can do. You might receive what appear to be legitimate letters threatening court action and rising cost. Itís all fluster and bluster.

    To, make my point further, if you feel compelled to make a payment, I have now entered a contract with you for advice. I will invoice you for £200 which you must pay to me within 14 days, otherwise Iíll be really, really cross with you and Iíll scream & scream & scream. Then I might say some nasty words to you on this thread!!

    What you going to do? Pay me £200 or ignore my request (bearing in mind I donít know who you are and you donít know who I am). That should be food for thought for you to decide what youíll do.

    Seriously though, read the moneysavingexpert.com forum site. Itíll put your mind at rest.

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,878
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Private land parking ticket - you donít have to pay.
    At the risk of contradicting myself, don't offer unqualified advice.

    There have been cases, in this country (Scotland), where people who have illegally parked on private land, who have ignored the "invoices", have been taken to court and lost.

    These cases may have been exceptional like the nurse from Dundee with numerous tickets, but a blanket "you don't have to pay" is not quite correct.

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the proposal was withdrawn and going no further?
    I think it was withdrawn as it was included in the bill but Iíve not read the bill so canít comment

    Iím basing that though on a vague recollection of the limited press it got at the time of its passing in Parliament.

    He says half commenting when not commenting...

  15. #14
    Testimonial Due hibby6270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Leith, Edinburgh
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At the risk of contradicting myself, don't offer unqualified advice.

    There have been cases, in this country (Scotland), where people who have illegally parked on private land, who have ignored the "invoices", have been taken to court and lost.

    These cases may have been exceptional like the nurse from Dundee with numerous tickets, but a blanket "you don't have to pay" is not quite correct.
    Point taken. Yes, youíre right extreme cases like the Dundee nurse but in that case it was hundreds of Parking Charge Notices in the same spot because she refused to buy a parking permit to park outside a relativeís house.

    I should have qualified that by saying if itís a one off, first time ticket in a private parking area, then the likelihood of it being taken further are very, very unlikely.

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    61
    Posts
    20,065
    Private parking is a civil matter that costs lots of money to go through the courts. Only time they may do that is if you've been given thousands of pounds worth, I seem to recall a woman recently who gathered loads so they took her to court, were she lost.
    Last edited by J-C; 21-01-2020 at 04:58 PM.

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    14,946
    Urgent

    Guys, I've been reading the recently enacted Transport (Scotland) Act 2019 which came into law on the 15th November 2019.

    Part 8 is the part that deals with parking on private land and it brings Scotland into line with the rest of the UK. Note the date it is effective from, the law is not retrospective.



    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2019/17/part/8/enacted


    You can find out if a road is public or private through the local Council for example

    https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/directory/10231/a-to-z/A
    They tried to bury us, they didn't realise we were seeds.

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    42,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Urgent

    Guys, I've been reading the recently enacted Transport (Scotland) Act 2019 which came into law on the 15th November 2019.

    Part 8 is the part that deals with parking on private land and it brings Scotland into line with the rest of the UK. Note the date it is effective from, the law is not retrospective.



    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2019/17/part/8/enacted


    You can find out if a road is public or private through the local Council for example

    https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/directory/10231/a-to-z/A
    So, in summation?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, in summation?
    In summation, as in England, the companies can pursue the registered keeper in Scotland. That was always the easiest loophole to use in Scotland, that you didn't need to name the driver, but now the registered keeper becomes liable. All Murdo Fraser's fault.
    They tried to bury us, they didn't realise we were seeds.

  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In summation, as in England, the companies can pursue the registered keeper in Scotland. That was always the easiest loophole to use in Scotland, that you didn't need to name the driver, but now the registered keeper becomes liable. All Murdo Fraser's fault.
    Ahh I knew you would bring it back to Murdo the Hun at some point.

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ahh I knew you would bring it back to Murdo the Hun at some point.
    Are you arguing that this has nothing to do with him?
    They tried to bury us, they didn't realise we were seeds.

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you arguing that this has nothing to do with him?
    Hee hee where did I say anything like that?

    But since you ask Iíd say the legislation was passed in the Scottish Parliament on behalf of the Scottish Government. So ultimately you have the SG to thank for it.

    And that was after the bill going through a number of reviews and committees so while auld Murdo clearly liked the idea and proposed the amendment its a bit of a stretch to say you have him to thank for it, as after all if the powers that be didnít like it (like many of his other ideas) then they wouldnít have supported it.

    So to use your parlance are you saying the Scottish government has nothing to do with it?

  23. #22
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hee hee where did I say anything like that?

    But since you ask I’d say the legislation was passed in the Scottish Parliament on behalf of the Scottish Government. So ultimately you have the SG to thank for it.

    And that was after the bill going through a number of reviews and committees so while auld Murdo clearly liked the idea and proposed the amendment its a bit of a stretch to say you have him to thank for it, as after all if the powers that be didn’t like it (like many of his other ideas) then they wouldn’t have supported it.

    So to use your parlance are you saying the Scottish government has nothing to do with it?
    https://www-thecourier-co-uk.cdn.amp...step-closer%2F

    https://www.parliament.scot/parliame...ls/106912.aspx

    https://www-murdofraser-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.murdofraser.com/single-post/2019/05/01/Introduction-of-Parking-Appeals-system-after-Murdos-campaign?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&_amp_&usqp=mq331AQC KAE%3D#aoh=15797306324924&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fw ww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=http s%3A%2F%2Fwww.murdofraser.com%2Fsingle-post%2F2019%2F05%2F01%2FIntroduction-of-Parking-Appeals-system-after-Murdos-campaign
    Last edited by Moulin Yarns; 23-01-2020 at 09:32 AM. Reason: hyperlinks!
    They tried to bury us, they didn't realise we were seeds.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved