hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

Aberdeen initiative.

Just heard they have sold out the Merkland Road stand with unallocated seats and providing flags to encourage a better atmosphere and allowing fans to stand.

I've suggested this before for the singing section, buy a season ticket for a block of seats rather than a specific seat. This would allow people to get in with a group of friends.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just heard they have sold out the Merkland Road stand with unallocated seats and providing flags to encourage a better atmosphere and allowing fans to stand.

I've suggested this before for the singing section, buy a season ticket for a block of seats rather than a specific seat. This would allow people to get in with a group of friends.

Sounds like a decent plan.

Left by mutual consent!
    Yep agreed, unallocated is the way forward, means it can be as much like the old days (while safe) as possible!

@hibs.net private member
    The new chairman put on a discounted bar in Soul for the fans. Aberdeen have supposedly requested that Hibs move the game to an evening kick off on the Saturday we are away to them on 7th March.

Can’t think of a worse pre game pub than Soul though!

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudster View Post
    Can’t think of a worse pre game pub than Soul though!
    Can’t think of a worse pub that Soul, period.

Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    The new chairman put on a discounted bar in Soul for the fans. Aberdeen have supposedly requested that Hibs move the game to an evening kick off on the Saturday we are away to them on 7th March.
    Any reason they want to move the game?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Any reason they want to move the game?
    As far as the boys in the office said it was to create more atmosphere and trying to entice more fans in. Supposedly Hamilton and Dumbarton have both turned the offer down

Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    Whitaboot the away fans getting back down the road?

Whitaboot when Aberdeen got their match against Hertz moved to an earlier kick off for them to get up the road earlier?

Sold out the Merkland (the shed behind the goal). Fans all stood, flags, banners and a drum I think down the front behind the goal. Looked good. McCormack saying he may make it a permanent fixture.

Over to Hibs now. Sort the differences out with FF lower season tickets and get the ball rolling for next season.

Doesn't need the costly safe standing stuff. Standing in top flight football in Scotland is now allowed (Still banned down south though)

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Sold out the Merkland (the shed behind the goal). Fans all stood, flags, banners and a drum I think down the front behind the goal. Looked good. McCormack saying he may make it a permanent fixture.

Over to Hibs now. Sort the differences out with FF lower season tickets and get the ball rolling for next season.

Doesn't need the costly safe standing stuff. Standing in top flight football in Scotland is now allowed (Still banned down south though)

What does the part in bold mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    What does the part in bold mean?

If/when a FFL standing section is announced you'll no doubt get the "if i get moved seat am no gaun back" brigade popping up. Sort them out, compensate them somehow, keep them happy so we can move onto it. Needs done. No point hanging about.

For as long as muppets keep throwing bottles and stuff this will never happen.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    Whitaboot the away fans getting back down the road?

Whitaboot when Aberdeen got their match against Hertz moved to an earlier kick off for them to get up the road earlier?
    Is that what that was for? I always wondered why that had been moved

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Can we no just have the lower FF as safe standing, netting should ensure that no Buckie bottles reach the pitch.

Seriously, what's the issue?

@hibs.net private member
    They seem to treat Tynecastle as unallocated seating.

Sadly, I believe this to be the truth.
    A bit like alcohol in stadiums.
    Muppet control will be number one until muppets are not a factor.
    Muppets oot!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Agreed, great idea.

The experiment worked as it was a cup match, but due to STs they cant realistically change league matches it until next season.

If Hibs were to get on board (hope they do), they will need to think about this well ahead of selling STs in March/April.

There have been muppets for as long as I know. And it will never change. This does not mean that football should legislate for all to the lowest common denominator. Perimeter fencing still came down as new stands were built.

The misconception of seated (behaved) supporters vs standing (unruly) supporters is utter guff. There is CCTV now to deal with this and act as a deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    The misconception of seated (behaved) supporters vs standing (unruly) supporters is utter guff. There is CCTV now to deal with this and act as a deterrent.
    That’s a fair point. Our recent troubles have come from seated fans.

I'm pretty grudging about giving Aberdeen praise for anything but I saw pictures of this on Twitter etc and it looked good.

I made a point on another thread recently that part of the problem with Scottish football is the image we present to the wider audience. Aberdeen have tried something that they believe will be beneficial to them as a club but also shows a full stand occupied by a colourful and noisy support. That's a good thing.

I hope other clubs were watching and thinking about whether it was an idea they could incorporate into their own stadia.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Aberdeen Board obviously not got the same focus as Hibs with regards looking after the families side of things ..wonder if there was any moaning and a barrage of complaints from the regulars who sit in the Meekland normally ?
    It's a great idea from them though it's a pretty quiet stadium normally so if that adds to things fair play ..didn't seem to inspire the team though 😁

Wonder how Ron' s plan to improve the match day experience match's this ..🤔😃

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    Aberdeen Board obviously not got the same focus as Hibs with regards looking after the families side of things ..wonder if there was any moaning and a barrage of complaints from the regulars who sit in the Meekland normally ?
    It's a great idea from them though it's a pretty quiet stadium normally so if that adds to things fair play ..didn't seem to inspire the team though 😁

Wonder how Ron' s plan to improve the match day experience match's this ..🤔😃
    The first part will only be answered if they continue it next season and ask ST holders to move. With yesterday being a cup game STs wouldn't be valid.

Fwiw I've always thought there has to be a solution to the FF Lower 'problem' at ER. When the singers were moved to Section 25 I was asked/told to move seat. It was a bit annoying because I liked where I was and knew the folk around me but it was a minor inconvenience really and no harm was done. I think talk of people boycotting and refusing to renew STs in protest is hyperbole in the extreme.

I think the key point is a lot of bairns would love to be close to the singers and the section isn't that big. Maybe offer them the section of seats directly behind the goal in section 18 and the back 5 rows of the other sections then sit the families in the remaining areas. It would look full, it would be noisy and kids would love all the noise without being unable to see because they were stuck right in the middle of it. Anyone currently in the impacted areas could maybe get the equivalent of 2 games taken of the price of their ST and offered their pick of free seats as compensation. When we were asked to move we got a choice of the available seats before they opened to general ST sales and were allowed to try them for a game to see if they suited.

If/when a FFL standing section is announced you'll no doubt get the "if i get moved seat am no gaun back" brigade popping up. Sort them out, compensate them somehow, keep them happy so we can move onto it. Needs done. No point hanging about.

Wow!

I genuinely thought you had an actual idea as to how to solve the problem. Silly me.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Wow!

I genuinely thought you had an actual idea as to how to solve the problem. Silly me.
    Indeed.

That's what a paid board of directors is for. Not a pished james blunt on a daft internet forum thingy

Indeed.

That's what a paid board of directors is for. Not a pished james blunt on a daft internet forum thingy
    Yet you're willing to suggest that the way to improve the atmosphere and backing for the team is to move the singing section to the Famous Five Lower.

Can't have it both ways. The paid board of directors (most of whom are actually unpaid) consider that the downside to your suggestion outweighs the upside.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Indeed.

I have to admit, I was being a tad too sarcastic with my response. However, as has been pointed out by others, it's never as easy as some people suggest.

One issue is that there are some people that actually want this to happen but it doesn't necessarily follow that everybody does.

Should we just bow to one vocal group of supporters and ignore the rest?

Just to clarify, I'd love it if we came up with an initiative where we could improve the atmosphere at ER, even if that was to have a singing section in FF Lower. The only prerequisite should be that it is suitable for all, not just some.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Has all the trouble we've recently had not come from the east stand, running on pitch, missiles thrown?

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post

Good idea in principle but it could present problems. We have had a group of 5-6 in Section 43 since the East Stand was built. If unallocated, how would we be guaranteed our group standing together?

The other thing is that Section 43 is pretty rammed with Season Ticket holders who prefer to stand. So we would need a solid fan consultation before agreeing to a change.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Good idea in principle but it could present problems. We have had a group of 5-6 in Section 43 since the East Stand was built. If unallocated, how would we be guaranteed our group standing together?

The other thing is that Section 43 is pretty rammed with Season Ticket holders who prefer to stand. So we would need a solid fan consultation before agreeing to a change.

GGTTH
    To guarantee that you are all together you have to get into the ground earlier, thus helping alleviate the queues that form nearer kick off.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.