hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Omeonga is the kind of player who can lift the players around him and the crowd by doing the slighest wee thing. A 2nd wind and chasing someone to win the ball/force a mistake. Mcginn used to do it all the time. Even if they arent having the best of games they keep going and going and dont give in. That enthusiasm rubs off on others and thats why players like omeonga are invaluable to have on the park. I am very excited to see how he and Allan link up alongside Hallberg and potentially another. We finally have a bit of mobility in the middle of the park.
    This
    This is how it feels

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Much rather have Omeonga back strutting his stuff than brining in someone from Yeovil or a Barnsley reject. Omeonga is a class above the market we usually operate in and I’m delighted we have someone like that going to be in our midfield now.
    👍.spot on.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I’m absolutely delighted to have him back, he’s a quality player and a really decent young man as well. I think people criticising him have to remember how young he is and how much potential there is for improvement from him. In fact I’m maybe being harsh saying people are criticising him as no one is really doing that. Anyway I think he’s a brilliant signing.

United we stand here....

Should add much needed energy to the middle of the park!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Class of 72-73 View Post
    Tin had on here . I am happy he is back and the type of player we need right now but I think we overrate him a little. Shows again we lack imagination in the transfer market and shows that JR and Mathie are limited in their net of players as Jack also did at Sunderland. Jack seem to chase the obvious in Scotland as he obviously has no links in England or abroad. I appreciate the excitement but its hardly mind blowing.
    On the contrary, I think some people underrate him. He's not as good on the ball as SJM but he gives us that energy level in midfield that we've never replaced since SJM( apart from when Stephane was here on loan). I think Scott Allan will reap the benefit of having this wee dynamo in midfield. Loved when he went toe to toe with Broony at the end of last season. Brilliant battle.

Over the moon. No other words, welcome back Stéphane.

Gobsmacked but delighted to see Stephane back at Easter Road.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 17-01-2020 at 10:48 PM.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Delighted to have him back.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    Fair enough, you obviously rate him higher than I do at this point in time. Time will tell whether he becomes a top player for us.
    👍🤞🤞

Only negative whatsoever is that it's a loan deal.

Hopefully an option to buy in summer.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Only negative whatsoever is that it's a loan deal.

Hopefully an option to buy in summer.
    His contract is up in the summer.

His choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    His contract is up in the summer.

His choice.
    He is still under contract with Genoa till 2022.

If you saw it on transfer market it’s just meaning his loan with hibs is till this summer, full details of contract is at the bottom!

Incredible that the man is back. Absolutely love him. He's the exact type of player we've been missing to sit beside Halberg and behind Allan.

As someone else said I was proud watching his interview and him saying that he appreciated everyone wishing him well on his next loan and sending him come home tweets. Classiest guy going as well.

First Team Regular
    Tin had on here . I am happy he is back and the type of player we need right now but I think we overrate him a little. Shows again we lack imagination in the transfer market and shows that JR and Mathie are limited in their net of players as Jack also did at Sunderland. Jack seem to chase the obvious in Scotland as he obviously has no links in England or abroad. I appreciate the excitement but its hardly mind blowing.
    away to your bed pal.

Might be limited or maybe they looked at everything and he was the best option? what “hardly mind blowing” we’re you expecting? Do mind blowing signings sign for hibs? Bale? Pogba?

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    His wiki page has been updated by someone by the looks of it hahaha

Welcome back Steph.

Left by mutual consent!
    Omeonga is one of those players who fell in love with the club for the way he has been treated by every single one of us. We should be proud of how we have made him so welcome to our football club. As the old saying goes 'play for the badge on the front of the strip, and the fans will remember the name on the back'.

GGTTH

I’d love to see this line up

Kamberi Doidge Boyle

Omeonga Hallberg Allan

Stevenson Porteous McGregor Gray

Marciano

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Derek mccinnes does exactly the same he signs proven scottish league players

Robson, flood,McGinn, kennedy, McGeough and May for example. The SPFL isnt a hard nut to crack hence why the sheep have been punching above their weight for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    Derek mccinnes does exactly the same he signs proven scottish league players

Robson, flood,McGinn, kennedy, McGeough and May for example. The SPFL isnt a hard nut to crack hence why the sheep have been punching above their weight for a few years.
    Absolutley spot on, Iv said it before many times about Aberdeen’s recruitment. Not only is it just good proven players that make them stronger, younger players that make them stronger but it also weakens the opposition.

Off the top of my head they’ve signed

Kenny mclean
    Graeme Shinnie
    Ryan Christie
    Jonny Hayes
    Mikey Devlin
    Lewis Ferguson
    Gary Mackay Steven
    Dylan Mcgeouch
    Adam Rooney
    Greg Stewart
    David Goodwillie
    Curtis Main
    Stevie May
    Paul Quinn
    Willo Flood
    Barry Robson
    Tomasz Cerny

Although some never done as well as they would have hoped, they vast majority are really good players and the reason they’ve been consistently the best out with the old firm

I hope we match this as we have shown it works well when we do

Scotty Allan
    Martin Boyle
    John McGinn
    Fraser Fyvie
    Efe Ambrose
    Anthony Stokes
    Leigh Griffiths
    Darren Mcgregor
    Liam Henderson
    Jason Naismith

There will always be the argument against it with some players not doing well, however as a whole I think it works well.

you can’t underestimate how important a player knowing the league is and knowing what it is to be a hibs player

Testimonial Due
    Welcome home my boy.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Omeonga is the kind of player who can lift the players around him and the crowd by doing the slighest wee thing. A 2nd wind and chasing someone to win the ball/force a mistake. Mcginn used to do it all the time. Even if they arent having the best of games they keep going and going and dont give in. That enthusiasm rubs off on others and thats why players like omeonga are invaluable to have on the park. I am very excited to see how he and Allan link up alongside Hallberg and potentially another. We finally have a bit of mobility in the middle of the park.
    Exactly the enthusiasm and energy we needed in the middle of the pitch plus his ability on the ball and genuinely appears to love being at the club and the fans love him also. A fantastic signing for us and anyone thinking otherwise has got their eyes painted on.

Can he play tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. If a player has done well for us why wouldn't we want to bring him back, we wanted him in the summer we just couldn't get it agreed. Also a January signing needs to get up and running quickly, he knows the club and should settle in nicely.

As for the overrated bit, not just you saying it, but I'm not sure why. He was good with us before and gives us energy in midfield plus can play a bit. I've not heard anyone suggest he's a superstar.

I'm v happy he's back.
    Agree totally. Brilliant signing.

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    On the contrary, I think some people underrate him. He's not as good on the ball as SJM but he gives us that energy level in midfield that we've never replaced since SJM( apart from when Stephane was here on loan). I think Scott Allan will reap the benefit of having this wee dynamo in midfield. Loved when he went toe to toe with Broony at the end of last season. Brilliant battle.
    Absolutely he was fantastic in that game.
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 18-01-2020 at 08:27 AM.

When is the Hibs Facebook page going to announce this?

Very happy with this. He'll add a bit dig and he's like a wee terrier in there, exactly what we need.

I sometimes felt he could be a bit lacking when finding a pass or getting a shot off when it mattered, the sublime pass at McDiarmid obviously excepted. However he's still young and that could well come. His other attributes, energy and bite, are why he has been brought in so it's a very positive step.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Have to welcome him back and hope he does well for us, but I'm fed up with this loan player thing in general. He's a very decent player and he will be popular with the fans, he's not the answer to our problems though. Just wish we could sign some players who have a long-term commitment to the club so we could build something, but we don't have anyone at the club with the vision to do that as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
    away to your bed pal.

Might be limited or maybe they looked at everything and he was the best option? what “hardly mind blowing” we’re you expecting? Do mind blowing signings sign for hibs? Bale? Pogba?
    Don't like an opinion different to yours. Your Class

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Imagine being at a wedding, waking up hungover to F and reading this news. Happy days indeed

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    I’m absolutely delighted with this. He is one of the very few players who truly “gets it”. Usually when a player leaves us, I lose interest pretty quickly. Not the case for the likes of McGinn, Henderson and Omeonga - delighted he is back.

A lovable guy and very talented footballer. Well done Hibs.