hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Class of 72-73 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tin had on here . I am happy he is back and the type of player we need right now but I think we overrate him a little. Shows again we lack imagination in the transfer market and shows that JR and Mathie are limited in their net of players as Jack also did at Sunderland. Jack seem to chase the obvious in Scotland as he obviously has no links in England or abroad. I appreciate the excitement but its hardly mind blowing.
    Much rather have Omeonga back strutting his stuff than brining in someone from Yeovil or a Barnsley reject. Omeonga is a class above the market we usually operate in and I’m delighted we have someone like that going to be in our midfield now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Tin had on here . I am happy he is back and the type of player we need right now but I think we overrate him a little. Shows again we lack imagination in the transfer market and shows that JR and Mathie are limited in their net of players as Jack also did at Sunderland. Jack seem to chase the obvious in Scotland as he obviously has no links in England or abroad. I appreciate the excitement but its hardly mind blowing.
    Your first one and a half sentences is exactly why we’ve signed him. If someone works why would you not bring them back in. Gets fans onside and much less of a risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    That makes no sense. How did he end up at Hibs last season?

Stunning hibs! Just stunning!! 💚💚💚💚💚💚💚🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Welcome home steph!!

Canny wait to see you play for the hibees again!!

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Much rather have Omeonga back strutting his stuff than brining in someone from Yeovil or a Barnsley reject. Omeonga is a class above the market we usually operate in and I’m delighted we have someone like that going to be in our midfield now.
    This in spades

So signing him was showing imagination, resigning him after a good loan spell shows we lack imagination?

Cercle Brugge had an option to buy him at the end of their loan deal, wonder if we will have similar.

2 years left on his deal come summer and looks like he won’t make it at Genoa.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Couldn't disagree more. If a player has done well for us why wouldn't we want to bring him back, we wanted him in the summer we just couldn't get it agreed. Also a January signing needs to get up and running quickly, he knows the club and should settle in nicely.

As for the overrated bit, not just you saying it, but I'm not sure why. He was good with us before and gives us energy in midfield plus can play a bit. I've not heard anyone suggest he's a superstar.

I'm v happy he's back.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    That makes no sense. How did he end up at Hibs last season?
    Because he couldn't get a game in a better league and has never played more than 30 anywhere- that makes sense. Good player for our level.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Well chuffed. Love the wee guy. Welcome back Steph

Left by mutual consent!
    Because he couldn't get a game in a better league and has never played more than 30 anywhere- that makes sense. Good player for our level.
    So surely if we didn’t get Steph back the best we could try and get is someone with exactly the same kind of profile you’ve just described?

@hibs.net private member
    In what way is he a "class above the market we usually operate in"? We have signed plenty players as good or better than Omeonga and will do so again.

And just because some of our recent signings from England haven't worked out well doesn't mean there are not good players down there who could be great signings for us.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Cercle Brugge had an option to buy him at the end of their loan deal, wonder if we will have similar.

2 years left on his deal come summer and looks like he won’t make it at Genoa.
    Happy chap you are

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    In what way is he a "class above the market we usually operate in"? We have signed plenty players as good or better than Omeonga and will do so again.

And just because some of our recent signings from England haven't worked out well doesn't mean there are not good players down there who could be great signings for us.
    Such as who? Since McGinn and McGeough in the Championship there’s been nobody close to Omeongas talent in the middle of the park? Glenn Middleton? Mark Milligan? Joe Newel or Vela?
    Last edited by The 90+2; 17-01-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Happy chap you are

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    just a touch of sarcasm from you.

In what way? Stating they had an option to buy and wondering/hoping we have one similar?

Omeonga is the kind of player who can lift the players around him and the crowd by doing the slighest wee thing. A 2nd wind and chasing someone to win the ball/force a mistake. Mcginn used to do it all the time. Even if they arent having the best of games they keep going and going and dont give in. That enthusiasm rubs off on others and thats why players like omeonga are invaluable to have on the park. I am very excited to see how he and Allan link up alongside Hallberg and potentially another. We finally have a bit of mobility in the middle of the park.

Wow

Left by mutual consent!
    Chuffed to bits Omeonga's back where he belongs - him and Scott Allan in the same team is a dream !

@hibs.net private member
    Such as who?
    John McGinn, Dylan McGeouch, Scott Allan, Darren McGregor, Ofir Marciano...... I could go on, all great signings.

I'm just interested in what way you believe Omeonga is a class above?

Hats off to Hibs here. They've taken a beating from some fans this season after backing our last manager heavily rightly or wrongly. They've gone out and got the manager most of us wanted and have made a quality signing as our first this window. Well done Hibs

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Hats off to Hibs here. They've taken a beating from some fans this season after backing our last manager heavily rightly or wrongly. They've gone out and got the manager most of us wanted and have made a quality signing as out first this window. Well done Hibs
    Technical second after Bogdan - who was also most welcome.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    John McGinn, Dylan McGeouch, Scott Allan, Darren McGregor, Ofir Marciano...... I could go on, all great signings.

I'm just interested in what way you believe Omeonga is a class above?
    I believe Omeonga is a class above the majority of players we have signed since promotion. Kamberi and Ambrose apart perhaps.

I could list them all but it wouldn’t be pretty. We usually operate in a more realistic market of players we can realistically afford, once in a wee while we pick up a gem like Stephane.

Omeonga is technically good, still very raw and open to massive potential and improvement. Who would you prefer we brought in instead? The only player I could think of off the top of my head would be Greg Docherty but again, he’s out of the market we operate in.

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Never mind all that s**t! Saul goodman! What a *****ing detective job!!!

Scott Allan now has a rival for the best through ball at the club. Remember Omeonga's pass at St Johnsone last season. Outstanding

Buzzing he’s back.

He was one of the reasons we finished top 6 last season.

His energy in midfield is exactly what we need. We also still need a CDM but I can see him / Hallberg and Allan being very good.

The guy is a great character / person and understands Hibs - he will bring entertainment so exactly the type of player this club needs.

He’s knows the club so shouldn’t take too long to settle back in.

@hibs.net private member
    I believe Omeonga is a class above the majority of players we have signed since promotion. Kamberi and Ambrose apart perhaps.

I could list them all but it wouldn’t be pretty. We usually operate in a more realistic market of players we can realistically afford, once in a wee while we pick up a gem like Stephane.

Omeonga is technically good, still very raw and open to massive potential and improvement. Who would you prefer we brought in instead? The only player I could think of off the top of my head would be Greg Docherty but again, he’s out of the market we operate in.
    Fair enough, you obviously rate him higher than I do at this point in time. Time will tell whether he becomes a top player for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Scott Allan now has a rival for the best through ball at the club. Remember Omeonga's pass at St Johnsone last season. Outstanding
    One of the assists of the season, it was brilliant.

Well I thought he was superb for us last season and a big part in our team turning from one toiling away in 8th to one that played much better during the 2nd half of that season to eventually finish 5th.

I still think we might need someone else more defensive minded in the midfield in addition but I’m delighted to have him back.

His energy getting up and down the park went a long way to filling the gap left by McGinn, and I reckon Hecky underestimated his importance to last season’s side (along with Milligan).

Just logged back on and seen this. Absolutely buzzing. Welcome home Stephane.