hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have to welcome him back and hope he does well for us, but I'm fed up with this loan player thing in general. He's a very decent player and he will be popular with the fans, he's not the answer to our problems though. Just wish we could sign some players who have a long-term commitment to the club so we could build something, but we don't have anyone at the club with the vision to do that as far as I can see.
    Like Newell,Doidge,Vela,Hallberg,Kamberi,Horgan,James,M arciano...all signed on 2/3 year deals.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Adds good energy and skill to our midfield ...recall the game he went toe to toe with Brown and came out with a lot of credit. it seems a lifetime ago that PH was being given compliments for being patient with Omeonga and bringing him gradually on as a first team starter...good luck Steph!!

So the sun shining on the on the tail of the plane was a sign after all

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    I’m absolutely delighted with this. He is one of the very few players who truly “gets it”. Usually when a player leaves us, I lose interest pretty quickly. Not the case for the likes of McGinn, Henderson and Omeonga - delighted he is back.

A lovable guy and very talented footballer. Well done Hibs.
    I'm in the "he's a bit overrated" camp, but you're right about him "getting it" and that makes a big difference.

Hibs have allowed teams to run the middle of the park at times so Omeong's commitment and energy will make it harder for them to do that, although I still think we're a bit powder puff in there.

It's also a good signing because he's popular with the fans and maybe we'll see an end to the panicky doom and gloom predictions of catastrophic season ticket sales and the dastardly intentions of the owner.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Welcome back. Great energy, great attitude.
    He has hardly played this season though, so some patience will be required as he is phased into the team.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    I just can't wait to hear him refer to us as "Ze Hibs" again.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    just a touch of sarcasm from you.

In what way? Stating they had an option to buy and wondering/hoping we have one similar?
    Lol not sure why I sent you that mistake I think

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Like Newell,Doidge,Vela,Hallberg,Kamberi,Horgan,James,M arciano...all signed on 2/3 year deals.
    Reading that it's almost as if you have a point, but you don't really -

Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Welcome back. Great energy, great attitude.
    He has hardly played this season though, so some patience will be required as he is phased into the team.
    Still think he will be fine to bring out after an hour if available tomorrow. Can't see how anybody can see this as anything other than a massive plus. Mallans injury in a way makes it easier for Ross to pick the team and he doesn't have to fit him and Scotty into the team. Slivka will start tomorrow I'm sure but Steph will come in for the Hamilton game. Hallberg and Steph in the middle has such a solid look and hallberg can maybe look at being more up the pitch and setting up the strikers. Love watching Steph play. Teams don't like playing against him as he never lets them settle. Will be vital against teams live livi and at Johnstone. Hopefully it means protecting the back four a lot more as it's been the biggest problem we've had this season. The back four aren't playing badly they are just having to watch too many players coming at them. Welcome back Steph. Now make it permanent in the summer.
    I'm sure Jack will do more business in the summer and get the balance right in the team but getting Steph on a 3 or 3 year deal would be a great start.
    Last edited by mjhibby; 18-01-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Reading that it's almost as if you have a point, but you don't really -
    Well, your point was that you wished we could sign players on longer contracts to build something rather than make loan signings? My point is we have done that recently with the players i've listed? Or are you just talking about this window.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Well, your point was that you wished we could sign players on longer contracts to build something rather than make loan signings? My point is we have done that recently with the players i've listed? Or are you just talking about this window.
    Firs up I apologise for my cheap reply post - no need for it. I am not convinced the players you listed are committed or here for the long term, I'd keep 2 of them at the most myself ...

Like I say, I don't like the loan player thing and I wish we would take the time to develop and use our youth players or good prospects from elsewhere - maybe a bit wishful thinking on my part, but long term I'd like us to be be playing with more young, dynamic, athletic players who also have a certain level of skill and can play in a creative team that can pass the ball, retain it and do something positive when it has it, moving forward at pace ... we need someone at the club in charge with the vision and will to do that ...

Firs up I apologise for my cheap reply post - no need for it. I am not convinced the players you listed are committed or here for the long term, I'd keep 2 of them at the most myself ...

Like I say, I don't like the loan player thing and I wish we would take the time to develop and use our youth players or good prospects from elsewhere - maybe a bit wishful thinking on my part, but long term I'd like us to be be playing with more young, dynamic, athletic players who also have a certain level of skill and can play in a creative team that can pass the ball, retain it and do something positive when it has it, moving forward at pace ... we need someone at the club in charge with the vision and will to do that ...

I don't disagree re the list I posted.....the jury is well and truly out particularly the summer signings.

Your second para is the dream scenario i suppose, players like McGinn for example.

Wonder if he'll feature tomorrow.

@hibs.net private member
    Delighted with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Wonder if he'll feature tomorrow.
    I don't think he's got international clearance yet.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I don't think he's got international clearance yet.
    He was playing his games in the EU (Italy) - the UK is in the EU, won't his "clearance" be for the EU in general?? Oh, wait, I've just realised ...

He was playing his games in the EU (Italy) - the UK is in the EU, won't his "clearance" be for the EU in general?? Oh, wait, I've just realised ...
    I don't know what clearances he needs, but this is from the fishy site;

"Hibernian are delighted to confirm the loan signing of Stephane Omeonga, subject to international clearance."

It's got nothing to do with being in or out of the EU. If a player moves between different countries, their registration needs to clear with the governing bodies of both nations before they are free to play with their new club.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    It's got nothing to do with being in or out of the EU. If a player moves between different countries, their registration needs to clear with the governing bodies of both nations before they are free to play with their new club.
    We’ll have been working on our team/shape all week
    If he’s cleared, best he would get is a seat on the bench
    Not played for a while either, so not sure how his match fitness is

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Yeah, think you are correct here - was just thinking with FoM everything should be a bit easier and smoother to process ...

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    So can he play today? Anyone?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I thought it said his first game was Hamilton when he was announced but just checked and it only mentions that’s the first time he’s back at ER. Not seen any mention about today.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I thought it said his first game was Hamilton when he was announced but just checked and it only mentions that’s the first time he’s back at ER. Not seen any mention about today.
    I'd imagine that wording was purposefully cute, on the off chance we could get him registered for today. Probably unlikely, but fingers crossed.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Likely all depend on whether we got registration from Italian fa. No idea how quickly these things happen and you would assume it could be done electronically however given the timing of the announcement on Friday would seem a possibility it didn't go through. Hibs will likely keep it quiet to not tell United whether he is able to play or not.

Yeah, think you are correct here - was just thinking with FoM everything should be a bit easier and smoother to process ...
    It even applies if a player moves between Scotland and England because as far as football is concerned the two are separate nations with different governing bodies.

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Adds good energy and skill to our midfield ...recall the game he went toe to toe with Brown and came out with a lot of credit. it seems a lifetime ago that PH was being given compliments for being patient with Omeonga and bringing him gradually on as a first team starter...good luck Steph!!
    Yes it was that day when he stood up to Broony that I realised we might have found a wee gem there. He got stuck in, and when Broony did the same, he just smiled at him. Deffo wasn't bullied or overawed. Just effective.