hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Dundee Utd v Hibernian

Only a few days before our massive Scottish Cup tie at Tannadice

Wonder how many of the starting line up at Livvi, will start the game
    Kamberi is hopefully available, not sure about Newall, unless he played in the bounce game on Tuesday
    Other positions for Jack Ross to consider, is who plays at the back, now competition at right back and right centre back

Looking forward to it now

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Despite the ‘threat’ of Shankland, we must have the confidence to go there and win the tie. We have to press them and forget about settling for a draw.

Here's hoping Kamberi is available, we just seem to carry more threat with him in the side, even if he doesn't score.

Let’s go out there and absolutley batter them.

Will it be a tough game? Yes, but we are the better side and need to go into the game believing it.

Work had and play fast and we will win.

We have enough to take care of Shankland, we’ve kept better striker quiet.

On a side note, why are so many people creaming themselves over their latest signing Dillon Powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only a few days before our massive Scottish Cup tie at Tannadice

Wonder how many of the starting line up at Livvi, will start the game
    Kamberi is hopefully available, not sure about Newall, unless he played in the bounce game on Tuesday
    Other positions for Jack Ross to consider, is who plays at the back, now competition at right back and right centre back

Looking forward to it now
    22 players including Kamberi played 45 minutes each in the bounce game (was on the team lines at least) but Newell didn't play (wasn't on the team lines).

I'd take the same result as when we last played them in the Scottish Cup at Tannadice in 2003. A 3-2 win with a hat trick from Grant Brebner. I remember watching the scores coming in from the warmth of my lounge. Made extra special by Hearts getting thumped 4-0 by Falkirk.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    I'd take the same result as when we last played them in the Scottish Cup at Tannadice in 2003. A 3-2 win with a hat trick from Grant Brebner. I remember watching the scores coming in from the warmth of my lounge. Made extra special by Hearts getting thumped 4-0 by Falkirk.
    Our very own Brebs got a hat-trick and Colin Samuel got a hat-trick for Falkirk

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Our very own Brebs got a hat-trick and Colin Samuel got a hat-trick for Falkirk
    It was a Carlsberg day Andy. I even went to the pub for a few pints to celebrate.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    It was a Carlsberg day Andy. I even went to the pub for a few pints to celebrate.
    Me tae funnily enough

Cannae believe that was about 17 years ago !

I got bounced along the platform @ Haymarket on my face by a BTP Officer for getting involved in a bit of fisticuffs! 😔

Utd fan at work reckons we won’t cope with Shankland and predicts a 3-1 win for them.

I reckon 1-3 Hibs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Surprised and a little disappointed we approach this game with no new signings bedded into the team. Tough game, could go either way.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Doubt we will see any radical team line up, but given the few weeks break the staff will have had plenty time to look at Dundee Utd and the dangers they possess and will have had a good idea of how we are to approach this one.
    I think we will have just too much for Dundee Utd, but won`t be a romp - a narrow 2-1 victory (Doidge & Griffiths with a goal apiece)

It was the perfect hat trick too. Left foot, right foot, header
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Doubt we will see any radical team line up, but given the few weeks break the staff will have had plenty time to look at Dundee Utd and the dangers they possess and will have had a good idea of how we are to approach this one.
    I think we will have just too much for Dundee Utd, but won`t be a romp - a narrow 2-1 victory (Doidge & Griffiths with a goal apiece)
    😂😂

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I think you’re asking a bit much of Griffiths to score in his first game back with us.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Draw for 5th round is live on Sportscene, Sunday evening from 7.15pm
    Most Hibees should be home by then

@hibs.net private member
    Getting the buzz for this game now,its a very difficult tie however if we play to our best we can prevail. As long as our defence keep close tabs on Shankland we will win. Come on the Cabbage!!

not fully confident about this one. they are top of their league and scoring for fun, and they are acclimatized so to speak, and our boys have trained in the sun. hope Kamberi starts,and we stiffen up at he back as we looked shaded against Livi. the number of Hibs fans there should make a difference though as it will be noisy.

Gonna be a tough one to win and I hope we don't over compensate in marking Shankland because he doesn't score if the openings aren't created for him. Stopping the supply is the key
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Gonna be a tough one to win and I hope we don't over compensate in marking Shankland because he doesn't score if the openings aren't created for him. Stopping the supply is the key
    IMHO it would be madness to single out Shankland for special attention, has he even scored in the top flight? Let them worry about us we are the better team just go out and prove it.

Too much chat about that lot across the road. We have been miles off it this season but Ross has had a chance to work with them over the last few weeks

Result and performance tomorrow. Nothing less.

Come on Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    We have been persisting with the diamond since Ross's arrival but we haven't had much joy with it away from home and I think a change of approach would be in order.

We now have our three best central defenders available and, with the arrival of Omeonga I think a 3-5-2 would be a good formation to start with at Tannadice. this is how my formation would go pending fitness etc ...

Rocky

McGregor Porteous Hanlon

Boyle Omeonga Hallberg Stevenson

Allan

Doidge Kamberi

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    We have been persisting with the diamond since Ross's arrival but we haven't had much joy with it away from home and I think a change of approach would be in order.

We now have our three best central defenders available and, with the arrival of Omeonga I think a 3-5-2 would be a good formation to start with at Tannadice. this is how my formation would go pending fitness etc ...

Rocky

McGregor Porteous Hanlon

Boyle Omeonga Hallberg Stevenson

Allan

Doidge Kamberi
    Is Omeonga cleared to play? Been out of town so don't know if this has been discussed already.....

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Is Omeonga cleared to play? Been out of town so don't know if this has been discussed already.....
    Official site says debut will be v Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Official site says debut will be v Hamilton
    That's what I was assuming 👍

Not gonna lie I'm nervous for this one

Hate going into a big game being favourites against a decent team

The match is televised on BBC Scotland apparently. Happy days for us foreign fans.

It'll be a tough game, they are flying in the Championship, a top league team in all but name. Big travelling support though, 3-2 to Hibs

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Tough match coming off the break with them in good form. Need to be at it from the off think we will have too much going forward and expect to score 2 or 3. Need a decent performance from Scotty.

Dundee Utd are a de facto Premiership team and are arguably a better side than a lot of the curent bottom 6.

It's going to be a tough game and we are going to have to be on it from the start to get through. In saying that we have had a couple of weeks to let Ross get a few more ideas across to the players and have shown we are a decent side when we click. A tough, hard fought 1-2 win.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years