hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1050 fans at Hamilton Accies today - 2200 today at Bonnyrigg and in the previous round against Montrose, 1700 against Buckie Thistle in a game televised live, Hamilton bring nothing to the game and only 900 of that crowd were home fans, a joke of a club.
    No argument from me, friend. This thread is about Edinburgh City, Hamilton have probable been discussed a dozen times already

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Edinburgh City are the 2nd worst supported league team in Scotland.
    Averaging 345 fans at home games which is 61 fans more than Albion Rovers.
    Attendances down 15% from last seasons already low crowds.

This seems a hellish shame given the fight it takes to get into the big leagues.
    Need to double their home attendances to make meaningful progress.

Any chance of things improving?
    Any ideas why support for them is so dire?
    Any good news for them on the horizon?
    Atrocious support.

What's the point?

Really?

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    They should move to West Lothian and star... Oh its been done.
    Half their fans are supermarket shoppers

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    88 fans at Hamilton today.

Good luck to them but there must be better supported teams floating about in the lower leagues, the Shire for instance
    Bo’ness united 👌

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    There may well be but they are well ran club in the league through absolute merit.
    Aye, can't understand any hostility towards Edinburgh City. They're no threat to us, and give a wee occasional alternative to watch a 3pm game of fitba on a Saturday if Hibs aren't playing.

If crowds are the yardstick, then the majority of clubs in Scotland are a 'joke' (including several in the premier league). The truth is they/we all suffer from people choosing to support Celtic & Rangers in a small country with small towns & cities.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    I'm presuming they would only be renting Meadowbank and that gives them flexibility to move if they need or want to in the future.
    Given their 345 attendance average this season a stand that fits 500 in will work for them meantime.

Their success at the moment is a lot down to ex Hibs and Hearts players deciding to play in Edinburgh rather than doing lots of travelling to play. This geographic advantage has seen the likes of Alex Harris playing at a level below his playing ability this season which has resulted in him scoring 9 goals and getting 7 assists.
    Is it below his playing ability? I wouldn’t say it is

He was massively overrated. I’d argue he’s found his level unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Half their fans are supermarket shoppers

Where do the other half shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Is it below his playing ability? I wouldn’t say it is

He was massively overrated. I’d argue he’s found his level unfortunately.
    He was overrated initially but he is better than the 4th tier hence despite his position he is their top scorer this season with 9 goals and top of their assists with 7.
    His level may be the 3rd tier. Time will tell but he is definitely prospering in the 4th tier as evidenced by his goalscoring and assists.

1050 fans at Hamilton Accies today - 2200 today at Bonnyrigg and in the previous round against Montrose, 1700 against Buckie Thistle in a game televised live, Hamilton bring nothing to the game and only 900 of that crowd were home fans, a joke of a club.
    The bonnyrigg crowd at yesterday's game had a good number of Hibs and hearts fans present so it's fantasy to think they would attract those crowds on a weekly basis. I think they get around 600 which probably on a par with most in league 2 and some in league 1.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    There may well be but they are well ran club in the league through absolute merit.
    They sold their club rooms for big money a few years ago, and that might have a lot to do with their finances.

For me, buying the Loch Inn and turning it into your social club doesn't show much joined up thinking. Miles from where they play, and not in the sort of location to attract people to it outside match days.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    The closed shop system of the previous league set up has resulted in a league heavily weighted towards teams from the west, which have diluted crowds as a result of the OF. If more teams from elsewhere in Scotland can force themselves into the top divisions then it can only be a good thing. I know Cove are heavily bankrolled but they can build up a genuinely big support if they keep going the way they are, especially from kids in Aberdeenshire/North Angus who want to support a different team to Aberdeen.

They're just in L2 and they already have the highest average support in the division.

Far too many teams in Scotland pro leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    A couple of posters have already mentioned that after your original post. They're still not a 'new' club, but I suppose we're dealing in semantics (and we agree that there is little room for a 3rd Edinburgh club to grow in support, as Meadowbank discovered).

Agreed

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    They sold their club rooms for big money a few years ago, and that might have a lot to do with their finances.

For me, buying the Loch Inn and turning it into your social club doesn't show much joined up thinking. Miles from where they play, and not in the sort of location to attract people to it outside match days.
    Correct. They are chucking money at it. The level of players they have is far more to do with money than convenience. It’s unsustainable.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

The social club has nothing to do with the football club financially, totally different entities.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    The social club has nothing to do with the football club financially, totally different entities.
    Interesting, any idea what happened to the money from the sale of the social club? Must have raised a pretty penny on that site.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Interesting, any idea what happened to the money from the sale of the social club? Must have raised a pretty penny on that site.
    They must be sitting on it I guess as it all belongs to the social club not the FC. They had plans recently to expand further and buy the Chinese premises next door.

Not joined up thinking but a nice wee earner on Hibs match days

Left by mutual consent!
    Not joined up thinking but a nice wee earner on Hibs match days
    I've noticed that, I wonder if that's enough to keep the club going the rest of the time.

I've noticed that, I wonder if that's enough to keep the club going the rest of the time.
    Probably get a lot of local trade from Lochend and Restalrig at nights and weekends to keep it ticking over.

Daytime on weekdays will be almost non existent you would think though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Tranmere used to do that for the same reasons.
    And Stockport County.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar

Aside from the social club being a separate entity to the football club, it wasn’t miles from where they played at the time.

Left by mutual consent!

They sold the city club and must have been for good money of course, that premises was never busy at all, even on weekend nights most of the time. I used to play pool and snooker in there all the time and it was also further away from Meadowbank than where they moved to. I think it’s been pointed out also the social club is ran separately from the football club although there’s obviously loads of fund raisers, after dinner events etc that the club let the football club host.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That’s an exception not the rule. Their attendance in a run of the mill league game v is a more realistic comparison