hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar

Dylan McGeouch to Aberdeen?

DONS CHASE Aberdeen aiming to sign Dylan McGeouch before Friday night’s Euro deadline

LATEST

• Gary Taylor

• 4 Jul 2019, 23:03

ABERDEEN boss Derek McInnes is aiming to snap up Dylan McGeouch before Friday night’s European signing deadline.
    We told last week how the Dons gaffer was interested in taking the former Hibs and Celtic midfielder back to Scotland if his future at Sunderland was resolved.

McGeouch was a key player at Hibs but Sunderland move hasn't worked out

2. Log in to remove the advert

If he can stay injury free he's a great signing for them , Aberdeens robust playing style may see him frequenting the treatment table more often than not though.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he can stay injury free he's a great signing for them , Aberdeens robust playing style may see him frequenting the treatment table more often than not though.
    McInnes will be expecting him to "tackle" at least 5 members of the opposition haevily each game.

Still think it is a major mistake us not signing him. Rather he was playing for us than against us, injury problems or not.

Never gonna get the same numbers as mallan or Allan. We need a good foil for those 2 and Dylan isn’t that. We need a bit more physicality than he can offer. As much as I like the guy I’m glad we aren’t in for him. Let’s start looking forwards not back

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Still think it is a major mistake us not signing him. Rather he was playing for us than against us, injury problems or not.
    Well he’ll no be playing against us if he gets injured

I sometimes wonder if he was so good because he was part of such a good collective? As in he hasn’t gone off to Sunderland and performed. He’s a good player I’m sure, but being alongside McGinn and Allan could have made all the difference.

Left by mutual consent!
    He's a player we should be going in for, yes he's injury-prone but when he does play he's fantastic ! C'mon Hecky, a cheeky wee whisper in his ear - "....... plus we've got Scott Allan back !" - could maybe see Dylan realise he'd be out of place at what is basically a rugby-club !

It doesn't look like Hecky fancies him unfortunately. I think Aberdeen will be a bad move for him. Just dont see their style of play suiting him at all.

I remember Kenny Millar's line about Dylan in the 2-0 Natural Order derby. It could easily go on a gravestone

"21 players came here tonight to play an Edinburgh Derby. Dylan McGeough came here to play football".

Hibs are Dylan's natural home.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    I sometimes wonder if he was so good because he was part of such a good collective? As in he hasn’t gone off to Sunderland and performed. He’s a good player I’m sure, but being alongside McGinn and Allan could have made all the difference.
    Exactly. Same for Kamberi & Jamie Maclaren.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    I remember Kenny Millar's line about Dylan in the 2-0 Natural Order derby. It could easily go on a gravestone

"21 players came here tonight to play an Edinburgh Derby. Dylan McGeough came here to play football".

Hibs are Dylan's natural home.
    Totally agree - as Scott Allan has realised he plays his best football at ER hopefully Dylan will as well - if Hecky goes for him !

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    He was a great player with Allan before McGinn, great player with Mcginn and Fyvie without Allan, great player with both Allan and Mcginn. Maybe hes actually just a great player in his own right?

Is Dylan good at diving, time wasting or kicking people? If not I can't see what part he will play in a McIness side.

He was also a very good player for Hibs without being part of the trio with McGinn and Allan. He stood out when playing alongside Scott Robertson and Liam Craig, both of whom had decent seasons in the Championship, and a very good player when playing alongside McGinn and Fyvie. He looked better as part of the aforementioned trio primarily because he was able to stay fit and string a run of games together.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Well he’ll no be playing against us if he gets injured
    So, by your reckoning, Dylan is going to be injured EVERY time Aberdeen play Hibs. Intresting

Left by mutual consent!
    McGeough has made it clear his choice would be to come back. Craig wants him back, HC doesn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    McGeough has made it clear his choice would be to come back. Craig wants him back, HC doesn’t.
    Who is HC? The physio?

Great player. Always thought he came across as less committed to Hibs than others such as SJM, Bartley etc. Would gladly take him back but only if he really wanted to be here.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Who is HC? The physio?
    Head Coach. It’s his judgement call and got to trust him. Dylan does want back though.

Head Coach. It’s his judgement call and got to trust him. Dylan does want back though.
    Ah got you!

If he wants back it's a no brainer. Disappointed the coach doesn't agree but have to trust him.

I'll take a lot of convincing we either have or will get better than Dylan. I don't think we will. Hopefully I'm wrong on that one

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Is Dylan good at diving, time wasting or kicking people? If not I can't see what part he will play in a McIness side.

He was also a very good player for Hibs without being part of the trio with McGinn and Allan. He stood out when playing alongside Scott Robertson and Liam Craig, both of whom had decent seasons in the Championship, and a very good player when playing alongside McGinn and Fyvie. He looked better as part of the aforementioned trio primarily because he was able to stay fit and string a run of games together.
    First sentence sums up The Sheep for me

I hate watching them

That LCQF at Easter Road when we pummelled them for 120 minutes they were playing for penalties after twenty minutes

Shocking football team!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I wish we were signing him.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I'd probably take Dylan back but I can't say my heart goes out to him for not being welcomed back by Paul Heckingbottom. It's the risk you take when you walk out on a bosman like he did. You can't just go away and then think to yourself "at the very worst I can go back to Hibs, I done well there" Fast forward 12 months and the new gaffer doesn't owe you anything nor does he think you suit his style of play.

Good luck to you in Aberdeen Dylan because you won't be allowed to play like we know you can up there.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Who is HC? The physio?
    Ha Ha!

I thought he meant Hermit Crab! 😂

Left by mutual consent!
    I reckon we would take him in a minute but not sure if Aberdeen are still out paying us despite Rons dollars.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny_Tim View Post
    I reckon we would take him in a minute but not sure if Aberdeen are still out paying us despite Rons dollars.
    Not according to Heckingbottom.

Coaching Staff
    Hecky's already said McGeouch's not on his radar.

Really don't think this is about money.

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    I am pretty sure that Hecky knows what he is doing and time will tell, I think Dylan is a great player but perhaps he would not fit into the way that our manager sees the team going forward.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not true at all. The opposite.