hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar

Could Hibs Find Money In This Idea?

Sheffield Wednesday launch season ticket guaranteed for 10 years after Premier League promotion https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51129422

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sheffield Wednesday launch season ticket guaranteed for 10 years after Premier League promotion https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51129422
    In case we get promoted?...

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Not for me, any money paid up front would be used meaning less money in the following years. Most fans won’t be able to afford it anyway so it would end up just being something that’s used as a bragging tool by a small minority.

United we stand here....

I can't see many people paying more than £4000 up front for a season ticket to be honest, or in Sheffield Wednesday's case more than £6000.

The Hertz are announcing one the morn' for the Scottish Championship

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AlienDoidge9
    What happens if I die 3 years in?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeForHeros16 View Post
    You will have to apply for a refund.

Left by mutual consent!
    Start again as TheTimeforHeros16 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Not for me, any money paid up front would be used meaning less money in the following years. Most fans won’t be able to afford it anyway so it would end up just being something that’s used as a bragging tool by a small minority.
    Thats exactly what's happened in many golf clubs across the country. 10 year or even life memberships are a bad idea for the club long term.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Start again as TheTimeforHeros16 👍

The same thing that would happen just now if you died 3 months into a single season ticket agreement I'd imagine.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    So they're valid every year before they get promoted and then valid for 10 years after that - at a minimum of 15 years (I'm not sure why it's being called a 10 year ticket).

You could quite easily have got your ticket forever with that - even the better teams in the championship can end up stuck there.

I guess it could be the initial cash injection they need to get them up, at which point the money from season tickets becomes much less important to them.
    Mon the Hibs.

Long term or life time STs smack of financial desperatism. Debenture schemes work better but you have to have sell outs every season for them to work too.

If I was Hibs I'd replace STs with a monthly membership at £35 a month. Folk are much less likely to decide not to renew something that's direct debiting away quietly in smaller amounts than a one off hit of £400 they have to commit to once a year.

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    I'd imagine the person in the next seat would complain about the smell and the flies ...... eventually!!
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    If I was Hibs I'd replace STs with a monthly membership at £35 a month. Folk are much less likely to decide not to renew something that's direct debiting away quietly in smaller amounts than a one off hit of £400 they have to commit to once a year.
    Yep that seems to make sense to me.

People using the current payment plan have to reapply every year. If we set up a membership scheme that cost £35 a month and included a ST then it would be less likely that people would fail to renew. How many people have gym memberships, as an example, that they never use but never get round to cancelling? See also Amazon Prime, Spotify etc etc. The current payment plan is paid over 10 months, switch that to 12 but don't change the monthly cost, throw in a couple of 'members perks' and you have an extra £70pp coming in each year (admittedly that's simplistic but you get the idea).

I suppose the issue is with the current arrangement Hibs get the money up front from the finance company and the fans financial agreement is with them but there must be a way round it or a way a transition period could be incorporated.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    They keep your seat and sit your ashes on it 😃
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Left by mutual consent!
    If a club is this desperate for cash, there's a fair chance you would outlive them.

Thats a very good idea

Think Sheff Wed could be in a bit of bother behind the scenes, they certainty have been in recent times. I don't think they even own Hillsborough anymore?

Add to that the fact Sheff Utd are flying in the Prem, that must really be getting to them. It's well documented that Sheffield is a bit like Edinburgh in the football sense as Sheff Wed have over the years adopted a 'big team' attitude and constantly ridicule United as the smaller, less successful club... as if Wednesday have been amazing like ever!

Hope Leeds get up, Sheffield United contine to prosper in the Prem and Wednesday rot in the lower leagues.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The same thing that would happen just now if you died 3 months into a single season ticket agreement I'd imagine.
    Proper fans die in the close season. Shuffling off the mortal coil three months in is yet another excuse for the part timers. Same folk that leave early early week guaranteed.

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    Would be interesting to see the results of poll for this, would current season ticket holders prefer this method of payment ? Would current non season ticket holders be more likely to get a season ticket if this was an option ?

Something along the lines of that

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Proper fans die in the close season. Shuffling off the mortal coil three months in is yet another excuse for the part timers. Same folk that leave early early week guaranteed.
    Fair point. So inconsiderate of anyone who dies 3 months into the season, at least wait until the festive derby!

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    It’s a good and bad idea.

The good has been covered by PB but what about when we are having a crap season. Which let’s be honest is not unlikely.

2-3 months in a few thousand cancel their monthly DD mumbling something about how they will sign back up again once we are ‘good’.

Cash flow dries up at the club and there is no money for players to arrest the decline and the downward spiral is in place.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbymac View Post
    I'd imagine the person in the next seat would complain about the smell and the flies ...... eventually!!
    Great reply reminded me of this

https://youtu.be/zJUvVNQwCcQ