hibs.net Messageboard

Referee for Tannadice

Is the cheat Kevin Clancy.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    We’re all doomed.

Nightmare

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    The kind of guy who’ll love being at the centre of a cup upset.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is the cheat Kevin Clancy.
    That's it then.

@hibs.net private member
    Probably the worst we could've got.

Rolling out the referee related excuses already?
    Same ref for both teams, if we deserve to win, we will. Here's hoping

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    He's a brutal ref, not convinced he's a cheat however I am convinced he's grossly incompetent.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    He's a brutal ref, not convinced he's a cheat however I am convinced he's grossly incompetent.
    Agree can't remember him giving much for us but can remember a few against his performance in Celtic game at ER was brutal this season think he should have been credited for an assist for their goal when whole ground didn't have a clue what he was doing, not sending off Nitcham wa pretty much cheating though imo. Handball a couple of years back at ER v Rangers plus ludicrous penalty for Killie when he sent Lennon off. As I say can't remember much for us but we live in hope.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Exactly, the cheat talk is a loady pish, he’s just plain crap at his job.

Not sending off Ntcham wasnt incompetent. It was cheating.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074

Personally I tar all Scottish ref's with the same brush, I don't think there is any preference as they are all as bad as each other in my eyes.

@hibs.net private member
    Agreed, he's an idiot rather than a cheat

Not sending off Ntcham wasnt incompetent. It was cheating.
    Agree no doubt a Hibs player would have walked for what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    We’re all doomed.
    Let’s hope there’s no corner flags

Isn’t it amazing how so many professional referees would allegedly want to actually knowingly cheat Hibs out of results.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Isn’t it amazing how so many professional referees would allegedly want to actually knowingly cheat Hibs out of results.
    More like petrified of giving decisions against certain teams. Do you genuinely think all teams are treated the same by officials or that some teams get more decisions than others due to influences from crowd / who the team is etc?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    More like petrified of giving decisions against certain teams. Do you genuinely think all teams are treated the same by officials or that some teams get more decisions than others due to influences from crowd / who the team is etc?
    No, I think a lot of referees are 'influenced' by crowds etc.

Do you genuinely think every referee that gets a thread on here is actually a "cheat"?

Do you genuinely think every referee that gets a thread on here is actually a "cheat"?
    I agree with you Wee Russell.
    It's a bit sad to see how some on here sincerely believe there's a conspiracy to do Hibs down.
    Sure there are bad/wrong decisions in most games and crowds influence refs but actually suggesting they are cheats is a bit childish IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hughio View Post
    It's a bit sad to see how some on here sincerely believe there's a conspiracy to do Hibs down.
    Sure there are bad/wrong decisions in most games and crowds influence refs but actually suggesting they are cheats is a bit childish IMO.
    Exactly. Though I would concede that for some, it's maybe the definition of "cheat" where we differ in opinion.

For me it's a pretty strong word suggesting that they are actually going out of their way to knowingly give completely wrong decisions in order to do Hibs out of results. I wouldn't, as a big Hibs fan, do that to anyone (including Hearts or Rangers) and can't imagine many people getting much satisfaction from doing so. No doubt I would make a lot of errors though, possibly more so when under increased pressure and in bigger atmospheres.

I think we have a lot of poor referees in our league. I don't think any one of them is a "cheat".

If you don't treat all teams the same and are influenced by crowds then I am afraid that is cheating right there. I would think especially when you look into recent years in Scotland in terms of teams in our league going bust or into admin and how that has been dealt with then I think it would be naïve to think that referees were somehow outwith the scope of being corrupt. When the vast majority of top refs are from around the Glasgow area then that adds even more to the mix (Levein made the same point a couple of years back). There wasn't an Edinburgh official who refereed a Scottish cup final in over 100 years, coincidence??

I agree there are poor refs however someone like Thompson never gave Hibs a meaningful decision whilst at the same time gave numerous game changing decisions against us. As we are constantly told these decisions even themselves out except of course they don't.

Alan Muir claiming he didnt see 2 handballs in the falkirk play off despite tv footage showed he had a clear unobstructed view of it. Cheating or an honest mistake?

Are people really that naive that they think there isnt cheating and corruption in football in general, never mind Scottish football? Did you hibernate during the rangers saga?

Absolutely no one claimed there was a conspiracy to do hibs down. However referees favour one team over another quite a lot. Is it a coincidence the majority if not all top flight refs are from the west of scotland? Thats ridiculous. Can you imagine the uproar if every referee in the english premier league were from london?

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Alan Muir claiming he didnt see 2 handballs in the falkirk play off despite tv footage showed he had a clear unobstructed view of it. Cheating or an honest mistake?

Are people really that naive that they think there isnt cheating and corruption in football in general, never mind Scottish football? Did you hibernate during the rangers saga?
    Cheating bar steward

Hope he burns in hell

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

Spot on mate

Their is poor referring and their is downright cheating , Their is definitely corruption in the Scottish game

Clancy is the worst of a very VERY bad bunch

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    If you don't treat all teams the same and are influenced by crowds then I am afraid that is cheating right there. I would think especially when you look into recent years in Scotland in terms of teams in our league going bust or into admin and how that has been dealt with then I think it would be naïve to think that referees were somehow outwith the scope of being corrupt. When the vast majority of top refs are from around the Glasgow area then that adds even more to the mix (Levein made the same point a couple of years back). There wasn't an Edinburgh official who refereed a Scottish cup final in over 100 years, coincidence??
    Not saying you're not making a fair argument, but the bit in bold doesn't do it any favours

How many pro referees have we had from Edinburgh, out of interest? I assume Craig Thomson is from here?