hibs.net Messageboard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green.oracle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think you should read properly what I said. The key words being "in this Hibs team". I base what I said on the sitters Doidge has missed this season, a few of them from two yards out.

For the record, at no point did I say Shankland would have more goals than the players you introduced into a debate on Doidge v Shankland.

Perhaps you should stay off whatever your having.
    How many were real sitters? Lucky if it’s a couple. The big guy rarely misses the target.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Thought Doidge did pretty well yesterday and Shankland did well with the little service he had. The question for me is would Shankland have scored more than the single goal given Doidge's opportunities. I think he might. Doidge's miss/Keeper's save late on was a good example. Doidge was so slow taking his shot and allowed the Keeper to close the angle. I think Shankland scores that and possibly gets a touch on Kamberi's strike. We won't be buying Shankland as we have missed the boat and I hope Doidge keeps scoring and also performing as he did yesterday.
    Shankland wouldn’t have taken the touch on his chest to set up his late chance. A real bit of quality from the big man, likewise his touch near the touchline earlier in the game, the big man’s got it.

Apart from a goal yesterday, Shankland didn't impress me. Can understand now why no big clubs have taken a chance on him.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Apart from a goal yesterday, Shankland didn't impress me. Can understand now why no big clubs have taken a chance on him.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk
    I thought he was quiet yesterday too, though did take his goal very well.

I wouldn’t judge him on one game against us though.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I thought he was quiet yesterday too, though did take his goal very well.

I wouldn’t judge him on one game against us though.
    It was the same against Hearts earlier in the season in the league cup. Scored the opener that night but was anonymous the rest of the game. He is a pure poacher, which isn’t a bad thing but he’s not the sort to create chances himself out of nothing, the supply needs to be there for him. He reminds me of Jamie McLaren who was sensational with Barker, Boyle, Allan, Kamberi and McGinn working to create him chances but looked pretty blunt without them.

Both decent players. Different.