hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Left by mutual consent!

Budge has surely lost the plot

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...juries-1361184

Sorry if this is already buried somewhere in the generic Hearts thread but I reckon something as crackpot as this merits a platform of its own.

So, if I'm reading this right, yet another member of staff is required to help bring the doctors, physios and sports scientists together? Why would the doctors, physios and sports scientists not already be communicating?? And why put the guy presumably responsible for establishing all these departments (including the choice of training surface) during his six years as director of football in charge of a root and branch review of something that's clearly not working?? A guy who, lest we forget, was supposedly 'sacked' a couple of months back.

Budge's stewardship is starting to make the Vlad era look positively streamlined!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Sorry if this is already buried somewhere in the generic Hearts thread but I reckon something as crackpot as this merits a platform of its own.

So, if I'm reading this right, yet another member of staff is required to help bring the doctors, physios and sports scientists together? Why would the doctors, physios and sports scientists not already be communicating?? And why put the guy presumably responsible for establishing all these departments (including the choice of training surface) during his six years as director of football in charge of a root and branch review of something that's clearly not working?? A guy who, lest we forget, was supposedly 'sacked' a couple of months back.

Budge's stewardship is starting to make the Vlad era look positively streamlined!
    A lifetime working in financial services where the answer to everything is to add another layer of management.

The problem is those companies are utterly loaded, and will make money whatever they do. She is managing the equivalent of a branch of Morrisons with the attendant pressure on margins.

Craigy boy encourages a full-blooded, bludgeony, take- the man-if-you-canny-get-the-baw style of tackling from his players, hence the injuries. The man is a liability in any job. Shame he's been sussed and weird he's still there.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Craigy boy encourages a full-blooded, bludgeony, take- the man-if-you-canny-get-the-baw style of tackling from his players, hence the injuries. The man is a liability in any job. Shame he's been sussed and weird he's still there.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Secret son.
    Or lover?

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Posturing as a pioneering visionary and spouting off to the press when in reality she’s only saying what every other club quietly does as normal practice. She’s f*****g chucked it.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

A position that oversees doctors , physios and sports scientists will be on a hefty wage. If I was a Hearts fan I'd much rather it was spent on a players wage to try and fight their impending relegation.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    A position that oversees doctors , physios and sports scientists will be on a hefty wage. If I was a Hearts fan I'd much rather it was spent on a players wage to try and fight their impending relegation.
    What if the lucky candidate wears his pyjamas to work?

Testimonial Due

Must be an old story being rehashed, it was reported earlier in the week she was away on holiday in Norway?

Say what you like about Levein but you have to hand it to him, he's almost single handedly guaranteed relegation but continues to be getting new roles and responsibilities at Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    Say what you like about Levein but you have to hand it to him, he's almost single handedly guaranteed relegation but continues to be getting new roles and responsibilities at Hearts.

He really is the Jobbie that just won't flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    He really is the Jobbie that just won't flush.
    Natural Oder 😊

Blog Entries
    Budge has surely lost the plot .......... did she really ever have a plot? Levein certainly has some strange hold over her.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Natural Oder 😊
    Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Must be an old story being rehashed, it was reported earlier in the week she was away on holiday in Norway?
    Would love to bump into her over here.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by norhfc View Post
    Budge lives down the road from me, she’s nearly pranged me twice. She drives like there’s nobody else on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Budge lives down the road from me, she’s nearly pranged me twice. She drives like there’s nobody else on the road.
    Even arrogant behind the wheel (her not you).

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by norhfc View Post
    You may know my friend and his son - the Bergen hearts supporters club!

Quote Originally Posted by son of haggart View Post
    You may know my friend and his son - the Bergen hearts supporters club!
    No never met any jambos here, there is a Bergen Celtic club I bump into when we play them. Usually in Brian Buro Irish pub.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Yep...i can see her now...hat wi the horns on , bosom heaving as she belts out the sash...😃
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    So then man who has been involved in designing the training is the one to figure out what went wrong wit hte teaining? Wonder if he'll sack himself?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    So then man who has been involved in designing the training is the one to figure out what went wrong wit hte teaining? Wonder if he'll sack himself?

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    bloody tablet....

@hibs.net private member
    My yam cousin has a conspiracy theory that she’s secretly a hibby. Seemingly she was, the same as her brother, but her husband is a massive Jambo and she followed his allegiances.

Maybe the conspiracy theory is correct! The shenanigans at hearts is almost as unbelievable as the conspiracy theory!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    My yam cousin has a conspiracy theory that she’s secretly a hibby. Seemingly she was, the same as her brother, but her husband is a massive Jambo and she followed his allegiances.

Maybe the conspiracy theory is correct! The shenanigans at hearts is almost as unbelievable as the conspiracy theory!
    Budge has plenty Hibs connections , her Dad was a Hibby also her 1st husband James Budge was and I think still is a season ticket holder at Easter Road.
    Know a few of the family on his side and story is she could well have had leanings towards Hibs then as well. The marriage didnt last long and they divorced a long time ago but she has held on to the Budge surname and has used it ever since

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    Budge has plenty Hibs connections , her Dad was a Hibby also her 1st husband James Budge was and I think still is a season ticket holder at Easter Road.
    Know a few of the family on his side and story is she could well have had leanings towards Hibs then as well. The marriage didnt last long and they divorced a long time ago but she has held on to the Budge surname and has used it ever since
    Are you sure about that? I met Jim Budge recently and he was off to a Hearts match - assumed he was a jambo.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I would suggest the then manager rushing players back from injury and ignoring the guidelines around concussions might have something to do with it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I would suggest the then manager rushing players back from injury and ignoring the guidelines around concussions might have something to do with it.
    How would you know? No-one could possibly know without carrying out a root and branch review of all procedures by an expert. Peg seller.

She was absolutely bang on the money about one thing. She has no idea about running a football club. How much money is being wasted over there? If it's not the astonishing failure of the new stand, it's the reports into why things are going wrong, or the total disharmony between players and fans and board, or the state of their expensive pitch, or looking to employ someone to do a job that existing employees could do. It's bonkers. Absolutely bonkers. The straw clutching there is unbelievable. Long may it continue, I say. How on earth can someone over there not take the bull by the horns and sort the mess out? That person should be Budge but she's no idea what she's doing. Just chuck more money at the problem and pay someone to tell her what to do. The entire mess comes from the top down. If they don't hit the ground running after the break they will be in deep deep trouble. As I've said before, let's see what things are like on 1st Feb.

Was she a Hearts fan?
    Yes. She and her family (she has a daughter, grandchildren and a partner Eric) had season tickets in the Wheatfield Stand. However, her Dad was actually a Hibs fan and she grew up in West Pilton. She became a Jambo through her daughter, who was brought up a Hearts fan by her ex-husband. When the marriage ended Budge continued to go to the games. The Hibs influence remains in the family, Ann Budge’s brother is a Hibee and some of her nieces and nephews used to love seeing the Jambos lose, until they became ‘Aunt Anne’s team.’
    From https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...earts-15641848

Left by mutual consent!
    No doubt it will be 'repeatedly said to be the best medical department there is' - even better than M*A*S*H !