hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Predictions v Dundee United

They've assembled a decent squad and are a defacto SPL club. We will have to perform to go through. I think we'll prevail, but it might take two ties. 1-1 with 3-1 Hibs in the replay at ER.

Left by mutual consent!
    3-2 Doidge doing a Brebner. Hearts losing 4-0 to Airdrie would be nice too.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    1-1 draw

Skoosh it 0-3

Left by mutual consent!
    This has banana skin written all over it, and sadly I think the Arabs will edge it with a goal from Sam Stanton.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This has banana skin written all over it, and sadly I think the Arabs will edge it with a goal from Sam Stanton.
    Not sure it can be described as a banana skin. Any Championship team away from home is going to be tricky, especially after the winter break, and we were unlucky enough to get the best one.

I'll take a draw right now.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    It's only a potential banana skin.

Maybe but I think a replay may be on the cards.

A defeat would be a body blow and likely mean a poor season and resultant impact on Season tickets.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i can't wait to see who we get in the next round, that is all

@hibs.net private member
    Stanton’s been told he can find a new club, not sure he’ll play against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Stanton’s been told he can find a new club, not sure he’ll play against us.
    Really? He’s played quite regularly and scored few goals in the last month I noticed

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    Really? He’s played quite regularly and scored few goals in the last month I noticed
    Was told it’s because his agent has asked for too much when negotiating a new deal for him and Neilson called his bluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Was told it’s because his agent has asked for too much when negotiating a new deal for him and Neilson called his bluff.
    Fair enough, hope he can get another decent club.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Depends if/who we bring in before the game

Go there without making any signings at all and we could struggle

2-0 Hibs

@hibs.net private member
    I'd be happy with a draw and get them back for a money spinning replay under the lights

2-0 Hibs

Depends if we manage to bring anyone in between now and next week. If we do we will win. If not i think we will draw and it will be a replay in Leith.

Arab supporting mate seems to think they will be concentrating on the leauge so won't be putting a strong team out. 3 1 hibs.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    Arab supporting mate seems to think they will be concentrating on the leauge so won't be putting a strong team out. 3 1 hibs.
    They are 14 points clear at the top of the league, and we are only 12 points ahead of the other lot!!!
    Why on earth would we be worried about relegation, and they know they've skooshed their league!!!
    If that quote had come from Levein we would have been laughing on here!!!!
    This will be very tight a win by the odd goal, not sure who for though???

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    Really? They will be well up for this game and will concentrate on winning.

Pessimism? More nervous realism I think. Playing away after a break against a team riding high with a winning mentality and with a striker on a hot streak, I'd def take a draw, esp given some of our recent 5H1te performances, and I include in that the second half at Tiny.
    Jambo pal said of the season we won the championship that we were the third best team in Scotland at the time. It would be stretching it to say that of Utd despite their huge lead, but for sure they'd be holding their own in the Prem. If we were away to the likes of Saints, Livvie, Killie who were boosted by being on a run of 11/12 we'd def be very wary of forecasting the sort of comfortable win some are suggesting.
    Any sort of draw will be a good result.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Pessimism? More nervous realism I think. Playing away after a break against a team riding high with a winning mentality and with a striker on a hot streak, I'd def take a draw, esp given some of our recent 5H1te performances, and I include in that the second half at Tiny.
    Jambo pal said of the season we won the championship that we were the third best team in Scotland at the time. It would be stretching it to say that of Utd despite their huge lead, but for sure they'd be holding their own in the Prem. If we were away to the likes of Saints, Livvie, Killie who were boosted by being on a run of 11/12 we'd def be very wary of forecasting the sort of comfortable win some are suggesting.
    A draw would be a far better result for them than us. I hope Jack Ross is drilling it in to the players that we are the bigger club and better side from a better league. A draw or defeat should be unacceptable tbh. The 3000 that are turning up don't expect us to go out to a lower division side.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    We played in Europe, put Hearts out the Scottish Cup after a replay, then lost to a very decent Aberdeen side in the semi. McGeough scored iirc, must have had a nosebleed

On the flip side we lost to someone like QoS in the league cup.....

We also had the league won comfortably.

While this is probably the "lower league side" nobody really wanted and everyone will be talking them up, relating it to that season, Hibs were (IMO) a significantly better side 16/17 than Utd are today, simply based on being fairly regularly tested against higher division teams over that period.

p.s. A win at Tynie is always a great win - we dug and dug and dug in while Hearts threw everything they had at us. It wasnt *****.

Take a draw

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    3-0 Hibs

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    It’s a game that is very similar to ourselves when we were down there. We fancied our chances when we played a top flight team and Utd will as well. I’ve seen them a few times this season and they haven’t looked anything special, but they’re miles ahead in the league so they’ve obviously got something about them. In these games it’s all about what we do, if we play well we’ll win if we don’t we will be in for a tough game. I’m going to say 5-0 hibs

United we stand here....

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Pretty difficult to predict a Hibs performance with any certainty of late. Every time we seem to turn a corner we put in a disappointing effort. Utd have looked decent when I've seen them and move the ball quickly with lots of one touch stuff so it wont be easy.

I'd take a draw and get them back to ER.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

United are built on a pretty solid defence, think they’ve only conceded 3 goals in their last 11 games which is pretty impressive even in the championship. Don’t think their midfield is anything special but obviously Shankland and, to a lesser extent, Clark are big goal threats.

If we have to worry about Clark being up front we're in trouble. Saw them a few times this season and in the last derby Dundee were by far the better side. Fully expect a comfortable 3 - 0 for us.