hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vladimir Romanov's Bizarre Interview

...incredibly, from his Submarine!

Talks about how great Hearts could have been under his leadership, he didn't do a thing wrong... and nearly bought Liverpool

Article

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Talks about making a profit every year at Hearts!! 😂😂
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    How the **** did he make money then play a team full of academy players 😂😂 they had about 400 loan players from Kaunus and no young Scottish players wanted to sign for hearts.

What a radge. It’s a shame he didn’t mention the fake share issue he had to try and save the club in which he pocketed all the money.

Wow he's 72? Time flies

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Here’s to you Mr Romanov 🍻

He set the wheels in motion for the equally hilarious Budge years.

Left by mutual consent!
    Thanks for that St. Vlad. It was all worth it.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    The thought of Vladimir Romanov sitting on his submarine writing poetry to himself fills me with joy! I hope he's smoking a pipe.

Washed 83 mil through their desperate outfit and not one of Edinburgh establishment batted an eyelid.

There must be scope for a really good investigative documentary into the whole time at Hearts. It was so bizarre.

I know we always said Hearts fans should have done more but looking back I'm not sure what they really could have done. They were desperate to be rid of Robinson and Vlad was the only show in town
    Once he acquired a majority shareholding they didn't really have a choice but to go along for the ride.

He gave us some comedic moments and he gave them 2 Scottish Cups, I think both sets of fans enjoyed parts of his time here and hated others.

I used to look forward to their 'Manager of the Month' award. They got through a shed load and the majority of them were duffers. Couldn't even use a fax machine.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Talks about making a profit every year at Hearts!! 😂😂
    Total wide-o.

The 72-year-old is still wanted by Lithuanian authorities for allegations of fraud, embezzlement and money laundering and was wanted by Interpol, but took refuge outside Moscow and is now a Russian citizen.

@hibs.net private member
    The man is a total crack pot.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Speak to any Jambo and they will tell you they wouldn't change a thing. Scottish cup, top of the league, champions League (qualifiers) bossing Hibs (most important) national and international news. They care not one bit that they stole, yes Jambos, stole all of that money from various businesses, charities and pension funds all they cared about was being the bigliest team in the world(Edinburgh). Still at it and spending other people's money at nautical rates but they question nothing. Forelock tugging, delusional fantasists. Fuds, every man woman and child of them

Testimonial Due
    He inherited £22 million of debt and in the eight years ran up around £50 million more - ties on with all the write offs of debt and conversion to equity. So equivalent to having 10 players on £12k a week above the real income. Sounds about right.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    There must be scope for a really good investigative documentary into the whole time at Hearts. It was so bizarre.

I know we always said Hearts fans should have done more but looking back I'm not sure what they really could have done. They were desperate to be rid of Robinson and Vlad was the only show in town
    Once he acquired a majority shareholding they didn't really have a choice but to go along for the ride.

He gave us some comedic moments and he gave them 2 Scottish Cups, I think both sets of fans enjoyed parts of his time here and hated others.
    When Vlad bought out the Pieman he landed about 60% of the shares .

He needed over 75% to do all his debt for equity swaps. He told the cardigan wearers they needed to sell their shares to him if he was going to pour his “ dirty” money into Tynecastle.

The yams bowed their heads , sold their shares and licked Vlads A...

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    If ever there was a guy that knew how to absolutely soak the Duncans for their own cash whilst at the same time laundering others cash through them it was him.

For delivering the mirth that went with the administration we should be grateful to him. The maroon balloons were completely blind to what he was doing to and with them.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    All we hear is [clap-clap] Vladimir blah-blah
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    He's always been a liar, but this goes even further. I think the cheese has finally slipped all the way off the cracker.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    He's always been a liar, but this goes even further. I think the cheese has finally slipped all the way off the cracker.
    Agree.

Maybe he's changed his name to Benny Factor?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    "I had young players from all over Scotland begging to play for me - they dreamed of it. And it's because they knew I would have played them"

The key part "they knew I would play them"

Only because you picked the line ups half the time, fud

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    When Vlad bought out the Pieman he landed about 60% of the shares .

He needed over 75% to do all his debt for equity swaps. He told the cardigan wearers they needed to sell their shares to him if he was going to pour his “ dirty” money into Tynecastle.

The yams bowed their heads , sold their shares and licked Vlads A...
    It didn’t do that much harm in the long run to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    It didn’t do that much harm in the long run to be honest.
    This is always what I think about the Vlad era as well. Highly questionable from a moral point of view and left the fans needing to dig deep to save the club, but now, with a new (OK unfinished but still) stand at a stadium they likely wouldn't be playing at without his intervention and 2 Scottish Cups to show for it, has it really damaged them long term.

Budgie and Stendlol are looking like doing more damage to the football team on the pitch than Vlad ever did tbf.

@hibs.net private member
    In this article he says that his financial partner was Oleg Deripaska.
    Did we know that before?
    I don't remember his name being linked with Romanov during his time at Hearts?
    At one time he was listed as one of the top 10 richest people in the world!

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    In this article he says that his financial partner was Oleg Deripaska.
    Did we know that before?
    I don't remember his name being linked with Romanov during his time at Hearts?
    At one time he was listed as one of the top 10 richest people in the world!
    This is Romanov we're talking about here, it's probably news to Oleg Deripaska as much as it is you.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This is always what I think about the Vlad era as well. Highly questionable from a moral point of view and left the fans needing to dig deep to save the club, but now, with a new (OK unfinished but still) stand at a stadium they likely wouldn't be playing at without his intervention and 2 Scottish Cups to show for it, has it really damaged them long term.

Budgie and Stendlol are looking like doing more damage to the football team on the pitch than Vlad ever did tbf.
    Yeah I’m in that boat too. I don’t agree with the bumping of the companies they did when into admin, they should always be reminded of that but if Ron Gordon went **** it and done the same I guarantee not many people would be going “think of the children” if we got good players in, smashing them (ironically at the time we gave them the best fight ever and should have been pumping them every match of it wasn’t for Romanov) winning cups and up the top of the league. Football fans are football fans and I don’t think if we went top of the league people would question how Ron was funding it or what the implications would be down the road, you would get that from hearts fans saying he’s going to kill us etc.

Romanov was decent for them. We went from chucking rugby balls at them and they being ****ed rightfully to spending what, ten years waiting for them to be ****ed again while they won two cups and hammering us.

Yeah I’m in that boat too. I don’t agree with the bumping of the companies they did when into admin, they should always be reminded of that but if Ron Gordon went **** it and done the same I guarantee not many people would be going “think of the children” if we got good players in, smashing them (ironically at the time we gave them the best fight ever and should have been pumping them every match of it wasn’t for Romanov) winning cups and up the top of the league. Football fans are football fans and I don’t think if we went top of the league people would question how Ron was funding it or what the implications would be down the road, you would get that from hearts fans saying he’s going to kill us etc.

Romanov was decent for them. We went from chucking rugby balls at them and they being ****ed rightfully to spending what, ten years waiting for them to be ****ed again while they won two cups and hammering us.
    No offence but speak for yourself. If Ron Gordon tried any of that crap with Hibs and it was as obvious as it was with them, then I would be pissed off. I would also be minded to stop going and to make my feelings known that that is not the Hibs way. I honestly believe that is one of the main things that separates us from the chimps over the road. I don't think Vlad would have got away with that **** with Hibs

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    No offence but speak for yourself. If Ron Gordon tried any of that crap with Hibs and it was as obvious as it was with them, then I would be pissed off. I would also be minded to stop going and to make my feelings known that that is not the Hibs way. I honestly believe that is one of the main things that separates us from the chimps over the road. I don't think Vlad would have got away with that **** with Hibs
    No offence taken, whats your opinion of the hibs way?

Any idea what Rons plans are and how they fit in too? I would take a massive cash investment to challenge the old firm any day of the week. Do you really think there would be posts on here if we pumped them in a cup final titles “not the hibs way”?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

Budge wouldn't be there if it wasn't for Romanov.

Cant disagree any more.
    Integrity is everything.
    Hibs have it.

Makes also our cup win even more special given it was done based on good coaching, scouting and young hungry players from scotland mainly.

Not over paid foreigners who were being paid excessively for the actual level of club they were at,
    Makes me still sick they wiggled out of those decades of cheating without any serious implications.

No offence taken, whats your opinion of the hibs way?

Any idea what Rons plans are and how they fit in too? I would take a massive cash investment to challenge the old firm any day of the week. Do you really think there would be posts on here if we pumped them in a cup final titles “not the hibs way”?
    It is to help out where possible to those who are worse off. See foodbank donation, Christmas meals etc, Hibernian Foundation something I would hope would never get stiffed like the big hearts foundation! Hanlon Stephenson Foundation,. The initial idea of Hibernian was to help the poor and needy. I know we are a professional football club but that should never ever mean that to get ahead we should be willing to turn a blind eye to stealing from businesses and charities, stealing from their own fans (share issue!!),
    general dodgy dealings, totally mental behaviour from the owner.