hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to me it doesn't. You don't need a season ticket, you only need a client ref number, which I presume he will have if he's been to a game before.

That's exactly what the guy wrote.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

You do love a bit of bickering on match ticket thread.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonsboots View Post
    Are we not getting any seats behind the goals?

United have released tickets for a single section in the West Stand to home fans, directly behind the goals (the black square on the left). The sections either side of it aren't for sale.

StadiumPlan.jpg

United have released tickets for a single section in the West Stand to home fans, directly behind the goals (the black square on the left). The sections either side of it aren't for sale.

StadiumPlan.jpg
    I'm in the Gerry Kerr block B, where's that?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Right next to block A.

Thank me later.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Right next to block A.

Thank me later.
    is C on the other side?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Diagonally facing the pitch in the corner, above the players tunnel.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

The bottom right corner of the image I posted. I think Block A is the one nearest the United Fans.

Sales have picked one Friday, looks like its single tickets only online.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Sales have picked one Friday, looks like its single tickets only online.
    You could only get single seats on Friday night also, it’s not really changed since then.

Loads left, just tried and you can get 6 together no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    You could only get single seats on Friday night also, it’s not really changed since then.

That was 10 past 5 on Friday evening.

That was 10 past 5 on Friday evening.
    Couldn’t get 5 together on Friday afternoon, couldn’t get 2 together on Friday night.

Looking at the Dundee Utd sales for this game it seems a clear example of why Scottish football doesn't help itself with it's image problem.

We are going to have a sizeavle travelling support of close to 3000 and because of where the TV cameras are positoned no one will see them. What they will see is a swathe of empty seats behind one set of goals, a face on view of a stand that looks like it will be about half empty and a stand behind the goals which is looking like being at least 2/3s empty. Stick the Hibs fans in the shed and you alter that image entirely.

It probably doesn't really matter and I understand having your own fans, if they are noisy, behind the goals is worth at least a 2 goal start in the eyes of some on here. It just seems a bit daft to present the idea that a stadium is half empty, which it will be, when you could make it look far busier than it actually is.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Looking at the Dundee Utd sales for this game it seems a clear example of why Scottish football doesn't help itself with it's image problem.

We are going to have a sizeavle travelling support of close to 3000 and because of where the TV cameras are positoned no one will see them. What they will see is a swathe of empty seats behind one set of goals, a face on view of a stand that looks like it will be about half empty and a stand behind the goals which is looking like being at least 2/3s empty. Stick the Hibs fans in the shed and you alter that image entirely.

It probably doesn't really matter and I understand having your own fans, if they are noisy, behind the goals is worth at least a 2 goal start in the eyes of some on here. It just seems a bit daft to present the idea that a stadium is half empty, which it will be, when you could make it look far busier than it actually is.
    Barry Hearn made pretty much all these points when he was invited to speak to an SFA/SPFL symposium about “our game”. He spoke about product, how to sell it better to broadcasters etc. Used darts as an example. 3 years on nothing changed.

Yep, it might have been a better idea to sell away tickets for the Jerry Kerr* and West stands.

I think a lot of people would have chosen to sit behind the goals.

EDIT: I think I got the name wrong, and its actually called The Jim Maclean Stand
    Last edited by Keith_M; 13-01-2020 at 04:41 PM.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    Barry Hearn made pretty much all these points when he was invited to speak to an SFA/SPFL symposium about “our game”. He spoke about product, how to sell it better to broadcasters etc. Used darts as an example. 3 years on nothing changed.

And Hibs are guilty too with the famous five lower tier empty seats every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post

That’s different as those are sold seats. But I agree we need to sort this somehow!

I don't think that's quite the same situation, as that section is on sale every home game and there are roughly 1,600 season ticket holders there.

I'm not saying it looks great on TV, I just don't think there's a simple solution to all the sold-but-empty seats.

Why couldn't you buy him one?
    It allowed the 2 season ticket holders in our group to buy tickets.

But not for my nonST son.

I tried 2 different ways.
    1. As part of a group of 3 allocating each ticket then going to purchase. Error message said buying more than allowed.
    2. Buying for the 2 STs first. That worked. However when I tried to buy a single ticket the error message said the he didn’t have the correct privileges

Fraser has been an ST since 2010. He only dropped out this season after moving North
    Last edited by RIP; 12-01-2020 at 05:33 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post

1. As part of a group of 3 allocating each ticket then going to purchase. Error message said buying more than allowed.
    2. Buying for the 2 STs first. That worked. However when I tried to buy a single ticket the error message said the he didn’t have the correct privileges

Fraser has been an ST since 2010. He only dropped out this season after moving North
    Surely he's got a client reference number?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    That’s different as those are sold seats. But I agree we need to sort this somehow!
    I don't think that's quite the same situation, as that section is on sale every home game and there are roughly 1,600 season ticket holders there.

I'm not saying it looks great on TV, I just don't think there's a simple solution to all the sold-but-empty seats.
    Agreed not quite the same scenario but defo an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post

We’re you definitely trying to buy one non-STH ticket at the higher price, and not 3 STH tickets with only 2 season tickets? Easy mistake to make and I know it allowed us to buy a ticket using a non-STH reference number.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Maybe because United hoped their fans would sell behind the goals. Surely United will sell a fair few this eeek given their winning form.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i pity any dundee united dot counters it be quicker to count who's going instead
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 12-01-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Why doesn't it make sense.

That's exactly what I said!

I'm not talking about what Hibbyradge said. The guy not being able to buy the ticket isn't making sense as surely his soon has a ref number

StadiumPlan.jpg
    Really weird to do that. Surely wait until home end is nearly sold out before opening up that to either.

Agreed not quite the same scenario but defo an issue.

Wonder how close we are to selling out the 3200

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Original date - Sunday 19 January, 3pm – Tannadice Park
    If game is postponed - Tuesday 28 January, 7.45pm – Tannadice Park
    Replay Date - Tuesday 28 January, 7.45pm – Easter Road

Not much wriggle room before next round if game was postponed and had to go to a replay
    Weather much better though later in the week

I'm not talking about what Hibbyradge said. The guy not being able to buy the ticket isn't making sense as surely his soon has a ref number

OK, fair enough

It seemed like you were disagreeing with Hibbyradge, hence the confusion.