hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Official Site: ADDITIONAL DUNDEE UNITED TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY!

2. Log in to remove the advert

"Please note, this match allows for one ticket per client reference number for a maximum of six per transaction"

I'm confused, does that mean with my season ticket I can only buy a single ticket now or have I read that wrong?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Please note, this match allows for one ticket per client reference number for a maximum of six per transaction"

I'm confused, does that mean with my season ticket I can only buy a single ticket now or have I read that wrong?
    You need a reference number for every ticket you buy, and you’re limited to six per single transaction.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post

Just the one with each client reference up to a maximum of 6 for a single transaction.
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 08-01-2020 at 09:12 PM.

Cheers folks!

Pity the wheelchair section has been moved pitchside behind the corner flag between the stand behind the goal and the stand the rest of our fans have been given for this game.

It used to be there about 10 years ago and was practically impossible to get into the stadium due to the slope being so steep. More recently the wheelchair section was at the back of the stand behind the goal. Still horrendous to get in there but a much better view. Once in the stadium, the view is almost non-existent due to the police, stewards, camera people and substitutes all standing in front of this area.

Managed to finally get through today after trying since Monday, only to be told that the 4 wheelchair spaces were now gone and we may be getting further wheelchair tickets in the next batch that we're due to receive but if we do they will be situated in the home end - an unacceptable and farcical position in 2020.

Can't wait for them to return to the Premiership next season, utter joke of a stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Pity the wheelchair section has been moved pitchside behind the corner flag between the stand behind the goal and the stand the rest of our fans have been given for this game.

It used to be there about 10 years ago and was practically impossible to get into the stadium due to the slope being so steep. More recently the wheelchair section was at the back of the stand behind the goal. Still horrendous to get in there but a much better view. Once in the stadium, the view is almost non-existent due to the police, stewards, camera people and substitutes all standing in front of this area.

Managed to finally get through today after trying since Monday, only to be told that the 4 wheelchair spaces were now gone and we may be getting further wheelchair tickets in the next batch that we're due to receive but if we do they will be situated in the home end - an unacceptable and farcical position in 2020.

Can't wait for them to return to the Premiership next season, utter joke of a stadium.
    That’s an absolute disgrace in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    That’s an absolute disgrace in this day and age.
    I wrote to Stephen Thompson several years ago to complain about the wheelchair access and viewing areas within Tannadice and got a reply back saying that they considered their disabled facilities to be "more than adequate".

What chance do you have when that's the response from the club chairman?

Utter disgrace in this day and age. For those folk in wheelchairs who are going, I sincerely hope it's not icy on the day of the game as the slope you need to negotiate (assuming it's not changed at all) in order to enter and exit the stadium will be extremely dangerous.

Why have season ticket holders not been allocated first dibs on all these tickets for Dundee Utd, and why are they allowing 6 per transaction too?

I can see there being a lot of pissed off season ticket holders without tickets, whilst many non-season ticket holders will be there.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    Why have season ticket holders not been allocated first dibs on all these tickets for Dundee Utd, and why are they allowing 6 per transaction too?

I can see there being a lot of pissed off season ticket holders without tickets, whilst many non-season ticket holders will be there.
    I think anyone who wants a ticket will get one. They've given us quite a lot extra.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I wrote to Stephen Thompson several years ago to complain about the wheelchair access and viewing areas within Tannadice and got a reply back saying that they considered their disabled facilities to be "more than adequate".

What chance do you have when that's the response from the club chairman?

Utter disgrace in this day and age. For those folk in wheelchairs who are going, I sincerely hope it's not icy on the day of the game as the slope you need to negotiate (assuming it's not changed at all) in order to enter and exit the stadium will be extremely dangerous.
    You’ve been critical of the disabled facilities for a number of years, and it looks like nothing has been done in response.

Is there a cross-club group or organisation where those who require wheelchair facilities can share views with other fans on how good or bad certain clubs are when it comes to providing acceptable provision for disabled supporter areas? If fans from other clubs were all in agreement that certain grounds fell short then as a group there should be quite a strong voice there to put pressure on clubs to get their facilities up to scratch?

I’ve seen some awful looking areas such as Hamilton and Motherwell which don’t offer much of a view. Kilmarnock’s doesn’t look great either. A lot of clubs do seem to be falling well short of acceptable facilities.

I work a stone throw from Tanadice. Tempted to nip over and get a ticket in their end to avoid the hassle

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I work a stone throw from Tanadice. Tempted to nip over and get a ticket in their end to avoid the hassle
    What hassle?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    What hassle? Log in online, order and have it posted to your home address. Takes about 90seconds and you don’t need to go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    What hassle?
    Sounds like Mondays attempt was shambolic

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    What hassle? Log in online, order and have it posted to your home address. Takes about 90seconds and you don’t need to go anywhere.
    Going by what people were saying on Monday

Going by what people were saying on Monday
    Being put on hold or waiting for a website to load for a few minutes is not hassle.

This is hassle.

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Being put on hold or waiting for a website to load for a few minutes is not hassle.

This is hassle.

What cup game was this?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    What cup game was this?
    It was another final which saw Anthony Stokes win man of the match.

The 2013 cup final.

But that's how we always had to queue to buy tickets for big games.

Sometimes people started queuing many hours before the tickets went on sale. Folk had to take time off work and some folk used to operate relay systems with people coming into the queue as substitutes so their mate could get a piss or a cup of coffee.

Or was that for Bay City Rollers tickets?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    It was another final which saw Anthony Stokes win man of the match.

The 2013 cup final.

But that's how we always had to queue to buy tickets for big games.

Sometimes people started queuing many hours before the tickets went on sale. Folk had to take time off work and some folk used to operate relay systems with people coming into the queue as substitutes so their mate could get a piss or a cup of coffee.

Or was that for Bay City Rollers tickets?
    First time i remember waiting in queues like that was early 70s, we'd actually queue overnight for Wembley tickets for the Scotland v England games.

We'd get there around 9pm and wait overnight until they opened the ticket office at 10am if my memory is correct?

Someone would bring a ball, and we'd play football through the night in between trying to sleep in our sleeping blankets, and eat through a mountain of sandwiches and flasks of tea, the older ones had cans and bottles.

The youngsters of today have it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    First time i remember waiting in queues like that was early 70s, we'd actually queue overnight for Wembley tickets for the Scotland v England games.

We'd get there around 9pm and wait overnight until they opened the ticket office at 10am if my memory is correct?

Someone would bring a ball, and we'd play football through the night in between trying to sleep in our sleeping blankets, and eat through a mountain of sandwiches and flasks of tea, the older ones had cans and bottles.

I remember queuing on several occasions for many hours, but I never did an overnighter.

Too much hassle.

PS I've removed your last smiley. People do have it easy nowadays. That's a good thing, but it's amusing to read people raging about the horrendous shambles they had to endure because they had to sit in a nice warm house/office waiting for someone to answer the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    You’ve been critical of the disabled facilities for a number of years, and it looks like nothing has been done in response.

Is there a cross-club group or organisation where those who require wheelchair facilities can share views with other fans on how good or bad certain clubs are when it comes to providing acceptable provision for disabled supporter areas? If fans from other clubs were all in agreement that certain grounds fell short then as a group there should be quite a strong voice there to put pressure on clubs to get their facilities up to scratch?

I’ve seen some awful looking areas such as Hamilton and Motherwell which don’t offer much of a view. Kilmarnock’s doesn’t look great either. A lot of clubs do seem to be falling well short of acceptable facilities.
    The wheelchair viewing areas at the vast majority of venues within Scottish football vary from below adequate to an utter disgrace - Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd being amongst the worst.

There is an organisation that exists and I actually met one of the people who headed it up a few years ago to discuss various issues but nothing has changed at all at certain grounds since then.

The wheelchair viewing areas at the vast majority of venues within Scottish football vary from below adequate to an utter disgrace - Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd being amongst the worst.

There is an organisation that exists and I actually met one of the people who headed it up a few years ago to discuss various issues but nothing has changed at all at certain grounds since then.

How's Easter Road?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

take your time, there's plenty left in the home stands

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

I queued up from 11pm the night before until midday to get tickets for the derby cup game at Tynecastle in 2017.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I remember doing several overnighters/early starts for Tynecastle tickets during the Mowbray era.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    take your time, there's plenty left in the home stands
    Yup. If I can't get one tomorrow it's an option

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    How's Easter Road?
    Where I sit in the East stand is brilliant, it's raised up about 4 rows from the front and the rows in front are low down enough that even if the people in those rows stand up, you can still easily see what's happening. There's also no possibility of people walking in front of you.

However that's probably not the opinion of everyone as I believe there's a wheelchair section at the very front of the Famous Five stand which must have an awful view and the same in the South stand for away fans. I believe there's still a few spaces in the top tier of the South stand set aside for wheelchairs which would be good. The similar section in the Famous Five stand was taken away when the NHS hub started a couple of years ago and that's now used by the Since 1875 group.

From my own point of view though, I can't really complain.

In terms of the other grounds in the Premiership, I would give them the following out of 10;

Aberdeen - 4/10 - Not a great view although there's no-one walking in front of you. Can't get to any food or drink kiosk on your own. Slightly better that it's at the side stand as opposed to behind the goal.

Celtic - 3/10 - Not a stadium I usually go to in fact only been once and I believe there have been improvements made to the wheelchair viewing area since then so the score would probably be higher now.

Hamilton - 4/10 - Terrible view, pitchside behind the goal, can't see what's happening up the other end of the pitch. People walk in front of you too. Although you do have access to food and drink on your own.

Hearts - 7/10 - One of the better ones. Raised up about 12 or so rows from the front. However people constantly walk past the wheelchair section and often actually stand in front of you at the barrier. Access available to food and drink on your own.

Kilmarnock - 2/10 - Awful view, made even worse now that one of the shelters has no roof after the infamous visit of Rangers at the start of the season. No access available to any food or drink on your own.

Livingston - 5/10 - Not a great view at pitchside and often have people walking in front of you. There is access to food and drink on your own though.

Motherwell - 2/10 - See Kilmarnock - just awful.

Rangers - 8/10 - Very good view, raised up near the back of the away section, sitting with the rest of the support although people do stand in front of you but police and stewards tend to be proactive in moving them on. Access available to food and drink although may not manage back to your seat with it as there's a ramp to go up.

Ross County - 3/10 - Poor view at pitchside behind the goal. I don't believe there's access to food or drink on your own.

St Johnstone - 8/10 - Very good view, no-one in front of you and raised up. Access available for food and drink.

St Mirren - 4/10 - Poor view at pitchside, can't see the other end of the pitch. There is access to food and drink on your own.

As you can see, there's not many I'd give pass marks to.

Where I sit in the East stand is brilliant, it's raised up about 4 rows from the front and the rows in front are low down enough that even if the people in those rows stand up, you can still easily see what's happening. There's also no possibility of people walking in front of you.

However that's probably not the opinion of everyone as I believe there's a wheelchair section at the very front of the Famous Five stand which must have an awful view and the same in the South stand for away fans. I believe there's still a few spaces in the top tier of the South stand set aside for wheelchairs which would be good. The similar section in the Famous Five stand was taken away when the NHS hub started a couple of years ago and that's now used by the Since 1875 group.

From my own point of view though, I can't really complain.

In terms of the other grounds in the Premiership, I would give them the following out of 10;

Aberdeen - 4/10 - Not a great view although there's no-one walking in front of you. Can't get to any food or drink kiosk on your own. Slightly better that it's at the side stand as opposed to behind the goal.

Celtic - 3/10 - Not a stadium I usually go to in fact only been once and I believe there have been improvements made to the wheelchair viewing area since then so the score would probably be higher now.

Hamilton - 4/10 - Terrible view, pitchside behind the goal, can't see what's happening up the other end of the pitch. People walk in front of you too. Although you do have access to food and drink on your own.

Hearts - 7/10 - One of the better ones. Raised up about 12 or so rows from the front. However people constantly walk past the wheelchair section and often actually stand in front of you at the barrier. Access available to food and drink on your own.

Kilmarnock - 2/10 - Awful view, made even worse now that one of the shelters has no roof after the infamous visit of Rangers at the start of the season. No access available to any food or drink on your own.

Livingston - 5/10 - Not a great view at pitchside and often have people walking in front of you. There is access to food and drink on your own though.

Motherwell - 2/10 - See Kilmarnock - just awful.

Rangers - 8/10 - Very good view, raised up near the back of the away section, sitting with the rest of the support although people do stand in front of you but police and stewards tend to be proactive in moving them on. Access available to food and drink although may not manage back to your seat with it as there's a ramp to go up.

Ross County - 3/10 - Poor view at pitchside behind the goal. I don't believe there's access to food or drink on your own.

St Johnstone - 8/10 - Very good view, no-one in front of you and raised up. Access available for food and drink.

St Mirren - 4/10 - Poor view at pitchside, can't see the other end of the pitch. There is access to food and drink on your own.

As you can see, there's not many I'd give pass marks to.
    Very interesting and informative post 👍

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I am logged in and ready to go. Not showing in the page yet. 😵