hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Dylan McGeouch

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our commercial performance would be significantly better had we not failed to secure a shirt sponsor then tried to dress it up as a moral decision.

Even allowing for mitigating factors we are performing below par when it comes to the commercial side of the business. The various new roles advertised in that area and reallocation of duties to those roles from existing ones since Ron Gordon bought the club suggests he agrees.
    I've got to wholly agree with this. Whilst Sir Tom and Rod's role in our history is secure we've perhaps not connected with Edinburgh's wider business community as well as we might.

Ron's appointments do indeed suggest that he's looking to change this and I think that Archie Paton will have a very influential role to play in new, and hopefully very profitable, initiatives. Archie's CV is vey impressive.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by banchoryhibs View Post
    I've got to wholly agree with this. Whilst Sir Tom and Rod's role in our history is secure we've perhaps not connected with Edinburgh's wider business community as well as we might.

Ron's appointments do indeed suggest that he's looking to change this and I think that Archie Paton will have a very influential role to play in new, and hopefully very profitable, initiatives. Archie's CV is vey impressive.
    Ron's role in our history is still unknown. Time will tell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    As others have already pointed out. We were never in for Dylan. Some may not like that but we weren’t out bid or anything else. Dylan was offered around by his agent and only Aberdeen bid for him.
    Total shock! The manager who didn't select DM for Sunderland was not interested in signing him for Hibs.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Total shock! The manager who didn't select DM for Sunderland was not interested in signing him for Hibs.
    I am gob smacked as well. He must know nothing about him. Signed him and then was with him every day for 18 months. He should listen to Hibs Net before making anymore rash calls on players.

It is shocking. Hibs.net know better than the guy who signed him then had him in training every day. It's almost as if Ross doesn't read this forum

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    I am gob smacked as well. He must know nothing about him. Signed him and then was with him every day for 18 months. He should listen to Hibs Net before making anymore rash calls on players.
    Whilst that's true, the fans that watched DM for 3 or so years for Hibs are not complete mugs. They know DM is better than anything on our books bar SA and MH (at what he does). They know he's an outstanding player at our level and they know he has a connection to the club already.

They also know that he's just gone to a direct rival who has again been able to secure a target that really should have been a no brainer for Hibs.

But never mind eh. Hibs weren't interested.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I don’t think Dylan will do well. Another move to a club where the style won’t suit him and he’s barely played all season. As much as it would have been nice, this window certainly wasn’t the time for us to look at him as we have other positions in more need, we’d have just ended up further in to the situation we’ve had all season with having too much of the same in midfield.

Guy canny stay fit enough to be a consistent asset anywhere he goes,we should most definitely look elsewhere.

So did Jack Ross (as Hibs manager) speak with Dylan before Xmas ?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    So did Jack Ross (as Hibs manager) speak with Dylan before Xmas ?
    He may well have done.

It's possible that JR was interested in Dylan but only up to a certain price (wage).

Coaching Staff
    Never really got the impression that McGeoch was ever truly committed to Hibs, had to be persuade to sign permanent contract, lot of time out injured, just want to concentrate on my football not worry about a new contract, oh I've signed for Sunderland.... bye👋

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Never really got the impression that McGeoch was ever truly committed to Hibs, had to be persuade to sign permanent contract, lot of time out injured, just want to concentrate on my football not worry about a new contract, oh I've signed for Sunderland.... bye👋
    This!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    Whilst that's true, the fans that watched DM for 3 or so years for Hibs are not complete mugs. They know DM is better than anything on our books bar SA and MH (at what he does). They know he's an outstanding player at our level and they know he has a connection to the club already.

They also know that he's just gone to a direct rival who has again been able to secure a target that really should have been a no brainer for Hibs.

For very good reason. We need a bit of grit in midfield. Not a ball player who is injury prone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    I dont think he ever bought into Hibs in the way Gray, McGinn etc did, it seems he was just an employee doing his job, I never felt a connection with him.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Big fan of DM but let's be honest, how many games is he going to get before injuries flare up again? Players that are so injury prone like him can disrupt sides by constantly being out and coming back in.
    Last edited by Baader; 08-01-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Would like to see Vela shipped back down to England to free up a wage.
    He's apparently injured and did not travel to spain , no chance he's going anywhere this month

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    He may well have done.

It's possible that JR was interested in Dylan but only up to a certain price (wage).
    Are you suggesting that football clubs have limits on players wages, and that players often base a move around money?

More likely Ross outlined the clubs lack of vision and ambition to him. PowerPoint style.

Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    Big fan of DM but let's be honest, how many games is he going to get before injuries flare up again? Players that are so injury prone like him can disrupt sides by constantly being out and coming back in.
    spot on

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

He signed him though. And Dylan was very good for us... and we desperately need something in midfield.

I will trust JR on this one but am impatient for positive news!

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    He's apparently injured and did not travel to spain , no chance he's going anywhere this month
    Has he been injured since the beginning of November with a thigh strain? Never heard a thing about Vela then suddenly has a thigh strain when asked about him.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I think Hallberg offers better value so not that disappointed he’s signed for Aberdeen. It’s a good move on paper for him, but we’ll see what the reality is like in due course for his spell up there. It’s no secret what kind of midfielder Jack Ross is looking to get in, and Dylan McGeouch doesn’t fit that mould.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    For very good reason. We need a bit of grit in midfield. Not a ball player who is injury prone.
    That's fine. It may have been the managers decision which is the correct way to run it. However they best hope whoever we bring in brings better balance and that he isn't outshone by the way DM performs for Aberdeen because it won't go away otherwise.

I also don't believe it has to be one or the other, we need grit etc but we also need genuinely good ball playing midfielders and as I said, DM is better than what we have. The fitness may or may not be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post

He is also so injury prone as to offer poor value for money. How many matches did Dylan play for Hibs as opposed to being on the treatment table?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    He is also so injury prone as to offer poor value for money. How many matches did Dylan play for Hibs as opposed to being on the treatment table?
    More than enough to be a terrific player.

@hibs.net private member
    Not sure he missed a game in his last season here ....

Dylan was fantastic for us. Undoubtedly one of the top 3 or 4 midfielders we've had in the last decade.

Enough that he was talked about as POY when he was here. People can offer reasons to why we'd not resign or not be in the hunt to resign him, fact is we'll struggle to match or better is quality and once again Aberdeen have an excellent player we could have been in contention for.

It’s worth reading the Sunderland fans comments on the back of the press release. Majority say he was most talented CM they had.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    20 games - 1st season
    19 - 2nd
    18 - 3rd
    35 - 4th

Sunderland played 22 and 8 games.

How many games missed due to injury we probably won’t know. But I do know on his day he was unplayable.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    He did - I'm not sure about other games but he definitely missed a match or two when he was waiting on his mask.