hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Gordon

The AGM and Ron Gordon announcements will take place after we have done all our January transfer business.

He will announce the building of the indoor pitch facility at East Mains
    and for Easter Road ...... a new tannoy system as well as grass and moss removal from the side of the pitch on front of the east and from the wee roofed areas you see when you look oot the windaes when having a pre match drink Behind the Goals. Will also announce new plans in the pipeline for pie dispensers and massive chip making machines.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 04-01-2020 at 11:04 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Exciting times ahead under Ron

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yip, two sides of it couldn’t have windows for a start. I think we are a very long way from anything being built in any of the corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, thats why we had to build the east when we did also.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Exciting times ahead under Ron
    Expand?

First Team Breakthrough
    There is probably 10000 a week getting spent on players that don’t play in our team, if we get rid of that it leaves a huge salary gap to increase quality. The guy is a business man he is not here to toss millions in a short time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Dear Ron

Most of us don’t really care about the ***** score board ( it’s quite quirky tbh) or the *****y tannoy system. ( The less I hear the guy at half time continually counting down from ten the better )
    We especially don’t want to know about building anymore infrastructure doon EM.
    Yer match day experience is all fine and good but all we really want is a team on the effing park we can look forward to turning up every other week to support.
    That’s really it in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Expand?
    He said when he came in very little was going to change this season. The player budget would remain the same etc. He's taken time to assess the situation and spent a lot of time at the club. I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised when he outlines his plan this month and also with what we do in the summer. Getting Jack Ross in was largely down to Ron. He wouldn't have come cheap. We will see big changes both on and off the park

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Dear Ron

Most of us don’t really care about the ***** score board ( it’s quite quirky tbh) or the *****y tannoy system. ( The less I hear the guy at half time continually counting down from ten the better )
    We especially don’t want to know about building anymore infrastructure doon EM.
    Yer match day experience is all fine and good but all we really want is a team on the effing park we can look forward to turning up every other week to support.
    That’s really it in a nutshell.

"My tea's gone cold, I'm wonderin why, i got out of bed at all. The morning rain clouds up my window and i can't see at all.
    And even if i could it'd all be grey with your picture on my wall.
    It reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad."

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Still don’t understand why he’s bought us.
    This 🤨

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    Edinburgh has too many hotels as it is. So, one with its bedrooms facing a graveyard, and next to a war zone (Lochend Butterfly) may struggle.
    Edinburgh hotels run at 90 % occupancy

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Edinburgh hotels run at 90 % occupancy

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    It's closer to 80%. Hotel occupancy means very little when it comes to turning a profit , if a property doesn't have a sufficiently high Revpar (revenue per available room) it won't be making much money.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 05-01-2020 at 05:33 AM.

Testimonial Due
    Wonder if he was a guest at the last derby getting some advice on how to make management changes in football from Queen B?

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    It's closer to 80%. Hotel occupancy means very little when it comes to turning a profit , if a property doesn't have a sufficiently high Revpar (revenue per available room) it won't be making much money.
    And it dropped in 2019 in edinburgh so cant see it being an option, not that building a hotel was an option anyway in my opinion

133 replies to this? Wow

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    133 replies to this? Wow
    An still nothing about filling in the corners

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    A big announcement from wee Ron or a wee announcement from Big Ron?

Either way, I think you’ll be able to sum it up with the phrase, ‘steady away’.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    133 replies to this? Wow
    What’s the problem?

The question was simply if Ron was still in the country as it was alluded to there would be further details as to his plans going forward this month and as he was here at Christmas I thought it might be around now those plans were unveiled.

No criticism of him and it’s just opened up a discussion as to what those plans might be.

Seems a valid enough topic of hibs conversation to me?

Much prefer this than some vague transfer rumours just before the transfer window opening about us maybe signing someone soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    What’s the problem?

The question was simply if Ron was still in the country as it was alluded to there would be further details as to his plans going forward this month and as he was here at Christmas I thought it might be around now those plans were unveiled.

No criticism of him and it’s just opened up a discussion as to what those plans might be.

Much prefer this than some vague transfer rumours just before the transfer window opening about us maybe signing someone soon.
    First signing completed. Re Ron. Main point will be the indoor arena at HTC in the far corner. Will be home for Hibs ladies and they are getting a £1.5m cash injection. No changes to the mens setup yet.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    First signing completed. Re Ron. Main point will be the indoor arena at HTC in the far corner. Will be home for Hibs ladies and they are getting a £1.5m cash injection. No changes to the mens setup yet.
    Who have we signed?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Who have we signed?
    Adam Bogdan extension seems to be the rumour.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    I don't care what is announced. As long as we do the same as a big team would. So, whatever it is, I want us to spend £22.5 million on it and leave it unfinished with no view of the castle.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    I don't care what is announced. As long as we do the same as a big team would. So, whatever it is, I want us to spend £22.5 million on it and leave it unfinished with no view of the castle.
    I want a state of the art plant room.

I want a restaurant that it is 'almost always' described by unnamed people as the best one in Scottish football.

I want a nursery to be built that is described by unnamed people as the best council nursery in Edinburgh.

I don't mind being a year late or twice over budget to achieve our goals.

I want chips.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    "My tea's gone cold, I'm wonderin why, i got out of bed at all. The morning rain clouds up my window and i can't see at all.
    And even if i could it'd all be grey with your picture on my wall.
    It reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad."
    Underrated reply

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Proof?

Can’t tell if this is tongue-in-cheek or ITK but i really hope not. At the risk of offending some, a £1.5m cash injection to the womens team would be a monumental waste of money given the disparity of interest between the womens and mens game. Put the money where the paying supporters go to watch, if there’s a day when that’s the womens team i will have no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    The AGM and Ron Gordon announcements will take place after we have done all our January transfer business.

He will announce the building of the indoor pitch facility at East Mains
    and for Easter Road ...... a new tannoy system as well as grass and moss removal from the side of the pitch on front of the east and from the wee roofed areas you see when you look oot the windaes when having a pre match drink Behind the Goals. Will also announce new plans in the pipeline for pie dispensers and massive chip making machines.
    Looking like early February for AGM I imagine
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    What’s the problem?

Its almost impossible to have a sensible debate about anything on Hibs.net these days without posters polarising opinion, looking for bites and being a smart erse behind a keyboard.

Personally I think you’ve made a very valid and well balanced point. One that perhaps doesn’t sit too easy with some on here.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    If Ron has taken 7 months to conduct a review and the best that we get is an indoor arena (which has been in plan for c2 years) and a cash injection of £1.5m to the ladies team then some idiot has got in his ear and he’s looking in the wrong place to grow the club.

If, and it’s a massive if, the £1.5m is coming directly from the clubs existing incomes (ST, TV, sponsorship) then I’ll be thinking twice about buying my ST’s next year... why should I help to fund a ladies team that I have zero interest in??

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    If Ron has taken 7 months to conduct a review and the best that we get is an indoor arena (which has been in plan for c2 years) and a cash injection of £1.5m to the ladies team then some idiot has got in his ear and he’s looking in the wrong place to grow the club.

If, and it’s a massive if, the £1.5m is coming directly from the clubs existing incomes (ST, TV, sponsorship) then I’ll be thinking twice about buying my ST’s next year... why should I help to fund a ladies team that I have zero interest in??
    Get the impression that is a wind up.