hibs.net Messageboard

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Ron Gordon

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This post has given me a good laugh after reading through the transfer thread. Kano ffs
    Kano, he was a decent player for us, Aberdeen and St Johnstone among others. He now runs a decent pub, with others. Why anyone would confide in him on business matters is beyond me.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Kano, he was a decent player for us, Aberdeen and St Johnstone among others. He now runs a decent pub, with others. Why anyone would confide in him on business matters is beyond me.
    Maybe Ron likes a drink or 5...

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Maybe Ron likes a drink or 5...
    Maybe, but surely not in the pub I'm thinking of 🤔
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Left by mutual consent!
    We have not won a major trophy since Ron arrived, and I think it's time he told us why.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I don't think any money paid directly to STF,RP,HFC Holdings or whatever will figure in the accounts. We'll probably never know exactly how much he paid for the club.
    It is the notices from company house and in the posts relating to those notices from last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    We have not won a major trophy since Ron arrived, and I think it's time he told us why.
    We have but they aren't announcing it until 10 minutes before the window transfer slams shut...

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    This post has given me a good laugh after reading through the transfer thread. Kano ffs
    I’ll tell you what’s even stranger than Ron telling Kano that he’s just here to get his money back is the story on how his money ended up here without him knowing!

First thing he did was to jet into Edinburgh, host a fake presser with STF then headed down the pub to drown his sorrows. Here he was telling anyone that would listen, including the owner of the pub, that he was just here to get his money back and as soon as he had he’d be gone for good.

It’s a strange tale indeed and we’ve yet to hear the full story...allegedly this will all come out at the AGM. But because his lawyers are now involved the AGM has been delayed repeatedly with recent rumours now suggesting it will need to be after the slamming of a window before it can happen.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    God help us if the height of peoples ambitions is 6th. No wonder others laugh at us when we try and compare ourselves to hearts and aberdeen.

This is a belter of a Hibs.net straw man argument.

Literally no one: ‘My ambition is 6th place.’

We are Hibs: ‘God help us. Everyone is laughing at us for something that no one said.’

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

We are Hibs: ‘God help us. Everyone is laughing at us for something that no one said.’
    The place is full of this sort of crap. It's becoming unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Dear Jacamo,
    You know fine well that straw man arguments are beloved by the ravers and fantasists of Hibs.net
    What is to become of them if they have to post balanced and reality based comments?
    As you can see above WEH has already stated that he can't be arsed.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 17-01-2020 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    You know fine well that straw man arguments are beloved by the ravers and fantasists of Hibs.net
    More to be pitied than scolded.
    They get on my Wick(er) man...

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    He's not here to clear debt for a club he has no association with, it's f'ing strange. He told Kano and Willie McEwen he's here to get his money back, and more then move on.

I'd rather have the debt than that sort of ****housery.
    Celtic were a tinpot biscuit tin mentality basket case before McCann came in and dragged them into the 20th century.

He made a profit on his investment and left them in a far, far better place.

If RG did similar with Hibs there would be zero complaints from me.

I struggle with the notion that having no direction and a lump of debt is better, either football or business-wise - and as the two men you mention above are both businessmen, I am sure they would agree

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Given his previous rantings I think it is safe to say Kano would be one of the last people a new owner would confide in. Suppose he had to move on from STF.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Given his previous rantings I think it is safe to say Kano would be one of the last people a new owner would confide in. Suppose he had to move on from STF.
    Yes if I was the owner he would be the first person I would confide in about my intentions. Was it a troll post?

Is Paul Kane a bit dim?

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Dear Jacamo,
    What is to become of them if they have to post balanced and reality based comments?
    As you can see above WEH has already stated that he can't be arsed.
    Wind your neck in pal.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Paul Kane once again getting it tight on the back of one line from an anonymous poster which may or may not have any truth in it.

From what I recall it doesn’t seem to far away from the truth to suggest that RG will want to increase the value of the club and then sell it on for a profit. That’s surely his end game and I can quite believe that RG met with a few of the higher profile Hibs supporters, Willie McEwan and Kano probably being two of them. Makes complete business sense.

I’m not sure why meeting Kano would make great business sense? And I’ve no idea who the McEwan guy is. So again I don’t understand the relevance to building a business.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I’m not sure why meeting Kano would make great business sense? And I’ve no idea who the McEwan guy is. So again I don’t understand the relevance to building a business.
    Willie McEwan was (is) the owner of McEwan Decor. They sponsored Hibs a fair bit and Willie himself used to be heavily involved with the Hibs Kids and stuff like that.

I think, like Kano, he had a wee falling out with the club (though I could be wrong).

Willie McEwan was (is) the owner of McEwan Decor. They sponsored Hibs a fair bit and Willie himself used to be heavily involved with the Hibs Kids and stuff like that.

I think, like Kano, he had a wee falling out with the club (though I could be wrong).
    So again I’ve no idea why Ron Gordon would want to spend time with them to discuss Hibs? He’s not emailed me yet. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Paul Kane once again getting it tight on the back of one line from an anonymous poster which may or may not have any truth in it.

From what I recall it doesn’t seem to far away from the truth to suggest that RG will want to increase the value of the club and then sell it on for a profit. That’s surely his end game and I can quite believe that RG met with a few of the higher profile Hibs supporters, Willie McEwan and Kano probably being two of them. Makes complete business sense.
    He's not really getting it tight though and it's possible that he met with Ron Gordon. It's pretty much inconceivable that Ron would say what was claimed to high profile supporters of the club even if that was his intention. It's the poster that made the claim and apparently believes it that is (rightly IMO) getting it tight.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    First the accounts at the AGM will cover the year before Ron bought the club so there will be nothing in them unless there is a note detailing what happened after 30th June.
    Second the mortgage cleared was around £3million not £500K.
    Think the confusion here is that Hibs fc were paying back 500k a year to the holding company.
    Great thing is 500k extra for the overall budget ..
    Stf said before he left the books for the last year will be very good indicating a large cash surplus so I guess that why there is interest

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    He's not really getting it tight though and it's possible that he met with Ron Gordon. It's pretty much inconceivable that Ron would say what was claimed to high profile supporters of the club even if that was his intention. It's the poster that made the claim and apparently believes it that is (rightly IMO) getting it tight.
    That's how I see it.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Wind your neck in pal.

Maybe take a wee step back yourself?

I’m all up for robust discussion and disagreements, but keep it friendly eh?

Maybe Ron Gordon was speaking to Paul Kane as the chair, or whatever he is, of the Former Players Association. There's a lot of goodwill from the support towards former players so it makes sense.

Chatting with a former sponsor maybe finding out why he's a former sponsor and encouraging him to renew his sponsorship. Again it makes sense.
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Maybe Ron Gordon was speaking to Paul Kane as the chair, or whatever he is, of the Former Players Association. There's a lot of goodwill from the support towards former players so it makes sense.

Chatting with a former sponsor maybe finding out why he's a former sponsor and encouraging him to renew his sponsorship. Again it makes sense.
    If such a meeting took place Ron would have been told of Kano's problems with the board and previous owner(s).

It would make no sense whatsoever for Ron to say to Kano and Wille (as a potential sponsor) that his only plan was to sell the club at a profit.

It would be ideal if somebody independent (from me!) asked PK and/or WMcE as to the content of their exact conversation, they are 2 very loyal and vocal supporters with the clubs best interests at heart.

If such a meeting took place Ron would have been told of Kano's problems with the board and previous owner(s).

It would make no sense whatsoever for Ron to say to Kano and Wille (as a potential sponsor) that his only plan was to sell the club at a profit.
    Did he not say that in public?

Something along the lines of increasing the value of Hibs and therefore the value of his shareholding. That's making a profit that benefits him and the club.
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Did he not say that in public?

Something along the lines of increasing the value of Hibs and therefore the value of his shareholding. That's making a profit that benefits him and the club.
    "He told Kano and Willie McEwen he's here to get his money back, and more then move on" is what was posted

I'd imagine he plans to do quite a lot of different things with the club before then.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I think people may be missing the point here.Ron’s been in the door five minutes and has we believe cleared the mortgage and put in more cash.The main thing that has happened is first the football dept.was given a budget to bring in new players and made a complete horlicks of it.The manager appointed by the previous board was not up to the job and was sacked by the new board.Given that the football people have wasted a good financial position it is highly unlikely that Ron is going,in the short term,to say”well you did so badly last time I’m going to give you a good bit more dosh to spend”.I Suspect his thinking is of the “you messed it up,you sort it “kind and that way he’ll see what they’re made of.
    I disagree, where would we have been if Stubbs was told you have no money to fix the mess Butcher left us in? The club knew they made a mess of things and also realised they needed to spend to fix it. It's part of football, it's a slippery slope if you sit and hope things will get better rather than going out and making them better (by improving the squad).