hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Ron Gordon

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Does anyone know how long he has to be in the building, before we can say he's been in it longer than 5 minutes?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone know how long he has to be in the building, before we can say he's been in it longer than 5 minutes?
    If you want to get technical, I'd say between 6 and 9 months.

Testimonial Due
    6 minutes into the AGM

What's been the actual point of RG? So disappointing and underwhelming to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    What's been the actual point of RG? So disappointing and underwhelming to say the least.
    Crikey!

He’s also 65 years old so I’d assume he would want things improving sooner rather than later. I wouldn’t have thought it to be a long term project.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    If you want to get technical, I'd say between 6 and 9 months.
    Not bothered about getting technical, just fed up hearing he's only been in the door 5 minutes when he's been here 7 months.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    To me his intentions are pretty clear from his opening statement which you can read in a preceding post on this page.
    It all reads like he is looking to build the club as an investment. He is a business man not a mad man.

That means he will spend money on everything but expensive established players.
    I expect the player budget to remain at current levels with Hibs playing in Europe every year from season 2021/22 and fighting with Aberdeen and Hearts for 3rd to 5th in the SPFL.

He will invest on the indoor training pitch and the academy in the hope that we can attract, develop and sell players.
    He will spend money on Easter Road so it will be well maintained and the PA system, catering etc will all be sorted out.
    STF and Ron Petrie have already done the hard miles other than the indoor training pitch.

Ron Gordon will also improve and develop the business and commercial aspects of the club.

In 6-10 years he will sell a very healthy club for a healthy profit.
    This I believe is his end game.

Many of you won't be happy with my predictions but that's what happens when you sell your club.
    I think Ron Gordon will be a good owner in that he will ensure the club remains financially stable and he will develop and improve it but there will be no spectacular revolution on the pitch. Expect top 6 every season but not top 2. Natural order.
    I don’t disagree with a lot of this Timescale of six to 10 years before he sells will be dependent on what pleasure he is getting from owning the Club
    If he is looking to sell the Club on for a Profit the problem might be he isn’t too bothered about who then takes over as his bottom line is a Profit It’s so hard to make a profit out of a club like purs although he probably got the club in a good deal as Sir Tom was more interested in the Buyers credentials and intentions So just need to wait and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Have you seen our debt?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Have you seen our debt?
    He's not here to clear debt for a club he has no association with, it's f'ing strange. He told Kano and Willie McEwen he's here to get his money back, and more then move on.

I'd rather have the debt than that sort of ****housery.

He's not here to clear debt for a club he has no association with, it's f'ing strange. He told Kano and Willie McEwen he's here to get his money back, and more then move on.

That's what Fergus McCann did at Celtc. If Ron's even half as successful I'll be delighted.

In saying that, I'd be very surprised of Ron confided in Kano & Willie.

The club was for sale and STF agreed to sell it to Ron Gordon.
    Ron paid STF and the club is his now.
    He will look after it and eventually try to sell it to someone else for a profit.
    Pretty simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    I don’t disagree with a lot of this Timescale of six to 10 years before he sells will be dependent on what pleasure he is getting from owning the Club
    If he is looking to sell the Club on for a Profit the problem might be he isn’t too bothered about who then takes over as his bottom line is a Profit It’s so hard to make a profit out of a club like purs although he probably got the club in a good deal as Sir Tom was more interested in the Buyers credentials and intentions So just need to wait and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, no worries about Ron Gordon and the risk is who he eventually sells his large majority shareholding to.
    Hopefully HSL can come back into play and RG will agree to sell to them IF the fans can come up with the money in sufficient numbers this time.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 16-01-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Did he tell them that aye?

He told Kano? Brilliant. Another Ponzi scheme.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay

But that’s exactly what he has done.

I seriously doubt he’s had that conversation with Kano and Willie, but if he has, then isn’t that what all business people aim to do...make a profit.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    That's what Fergus McCann did at Celtc. If Ron's even half as successful I'll be delighted.

In saying that, I'd be very surprised of Ron confided in Kano & Willie.

Fergus took control of a company virtually bust then built it back up to be successful and profitable which resulted from a winning team doing the business.

Ron, however, bought a club in a pretty good financial position with a fairly recent “success” on the pitch which has very quickly slipped backwards. I wonder if he is now changing what he intended to do or reducing it, just a thought.

I too look forward to the AGM in order that we can see just what Ron paid for the club and his cash injection along with clearing the mortgage of £500K, I raised this on another post so let’s see if anyone has any figures - I have tried to piece as much as I can together and Ron appears to have bought us for way under £10 million.

HFC was surely worth more than that?

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    Fergus took control of a company virtually bust then built it back up to be successful and profitable which resulted from a winning team doing the business.

Ron, however, bought a club in a pretty good financial position with a fairly recent “success” on the pitch which has very quickly slipped backwards. I wonder if he is now changing what he intended to do or reducing it, just a thought.

I too look forward to the AGM in order that we can see just what Ron paid for the club and his cash injection along with clearing the mortgage of £500K, I raised this on another post so let’s see if anyone has any figures - I have tried to piece as much as I can together and Ron appears to have bought us for way under £10 million.

I don't think any money paid directly to STF,RP,HFC Holdings or whatever will figure in the accounts. We'll probably never know exactly how much he paid for the club.

Who?

First the accounts at the AGM will cover the year before Ron bought the club so there will be nothing in them unless there is a note detailing what happened after 30th June.
    Second the mortgage cleared was around £3million not £500K.

God help us if the height of peoples ambitions is 6th. No wonder others laugh at us when we try and compare ourselves to hearts and aberdeen.

First the accounts at the AGM will cover the year before Ron bought the club so there will be nothing in them unless there is a note detailing what happened after 30th June.
    Second the mortgage cleared was around £3million not £500K.
    Third of course the club was sold for less than £10million.The idea that it was worth more than that is pretty fanciful .

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    God help us if the height of peoples ambitions is 6th. No wonder others laugh at us when we try and compare ourselves to hearts and aberdeen.

What level of ambition should we have and how would you go about achieving it?

Genuine question, not a dig. I'm just interested in your PoV

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I have zero problem with him making money from us, if he does that then it means we've been successful and are in better nick than when he bought us.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Did he tell them that aye?
    Hahaha unreal eh

Like everything thing else in life HFC was worth what someone was willing to pay for it and STF was trying to sell it to the right person for a long time before Ron Gordon came along.

The success on the pitch went backwards for 2 reasons, none of which was associated with Ron Gordon.

Reason 1 - The wonderful team that ended season the 2017/18 season moved on to pastures new. Natural causes.
    Reason 2 - In the summer transfer window of 2018 Neil Lennon recruited badly and in the first half of the 2018/19 season he realised this, soiled his trousers and started to unravel. Things came to a head and he was sacked.
    A new manager was appointed. At the end of the season the loan players and a few others left and Heckenbottom was able to recruit lots of players in the summer of 2019. He recruited many on long and probably lucrative contracts and worst of all didn't replace our defensive mids and didn't know how to use the new guys properly. As a result the team didn't do well and Heckenbottom was rightly sacked.
    The board then appointed the level headed and pragmatic Jack Ross who is currently handicapped by having a squad, only 2 of whom have contracts that end in May 2020 and as such it may take until the end of season 2020/21 to fully replace the players he doesn't want with ones that he does.

In conclusion the current playing level is as a result of poor and costly recruitment by Lennon and Heckenbottom and a poor appointment by the board of the latter.

So, nothing to do with Ron Gordon or lack of investment in players.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 16-01-2020 at 01:37 PM.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Ffs, you got millions to put in the club, nah thought not.

Lol

This post has given me a good laugh after reading through the transfer thread. Kano ffs

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Have you seen our debt?
    Or lack of. 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.