hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Demand was high because the team was playing very well. Also for "OF" read Rangers, who weren't so good at the time.
    Did we not do it for the 2-0 win v Celtic last season also? So not just v Sevco. And I agree if the demand isn’t there to at least partially fill the empty sections it’s probably not worth doing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    Did we not do it for the 2-0 win v Celtic last season also? So not just v Sevco. And I agree if the demand isn’t there to at least partially fill the empty sections it’s probably not worth doing.
    I stand corrected, we did, although Hibs lost tens of thousand of pounds in unsold seats that day.

Did there being 1800 instead of 3500 Celtc fans there affect the result? I honestly don't know.

I stand corrected, we did, although Hibs lost tens of thousand of pounds in unsold seats that day.

Did there being 1800 instead of 3500 Celtc fans there affect the result? I honestly don't know.
    Yeah it's a tricky one, you can't really say with any certainty either way, what little data we do have so far would indicate it does have a positive effect. Comes down to a choice between guaranteed cash in the bank versus marginal gains which will have the potential to equate to points on the board. I think we just have to make a judgement call maybe game-by-game or season by season as to what is best for the club at that moment in time.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

No. We played just as well in the previous season with them having the full stand.

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I find anyone supporting the old firm outside of Glasgow weird tbh. There is no reason for it all unless it’s a family thing, and even then it’s weird. Support your local team from grassroots to top level.
    Agreed, I find it quite annoying actually.

I remember seeing a post on twitter from a Celtic fan slating the Hibs support for poor attendance post league cup semi at Hampden, how we were an embarrassment for not selling out our allocation.

Imagine my shock when I click on his profile to see he's from Edinburgh. The old firm and irony don't go.