hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowcard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No it implies the are very different players. Dylan is a far far better player than mallan.
    Exactly, they are different players, which is why trying to compare them is ridiculous. Ask Mallan to be a deep lying midfielder who breaks up the play and keeps the ball moving and he’ll fail. Ask Dylan to be a forward thinking attacking midfielder who scores/assists goals and he’ll fail.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The only comparison should be how good they would be for the team, Dylan wins the ball, his passing is fantastic, we have a player in Allan who is creative, so if we are comparing like for lime Allan is also way way better than mallan. In essence I think mallan is muck, flatters to deceive, lazy, floats in and out of games as he pleases. Not even a luxury player, people enjoy luxuries

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    I can't see the clamour for McNulty, had a fair start, fluffed a couple of sisters and pish poor after that. Also the good start he had included a couple of penalties.
    I'm with you on that summary

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    "Goals from midfield are great but they start to matter less when you give the ball away often"

Goals from anywhere matter, what a daft thing to say.
    How is that a daft thing to say? you know fine well what I mean. Would you prefer a brilliant player like McGinn, smashing through games, winning the ball, driving us on, playing brilliant passes but only scoring 5 goals or Mallan scoring 15?

Being a better all round footballer is much more important than getting 4 goals against part time Faroe players.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    I'm with you on that summary

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    McNulty with Allan supplying the fodder?

First Team Regular
    Why why why must there always be a scapegoat. Tortolano .Hamilton .Craig Hanlon Stevenson and now Mallan all get it tight on here and elsewhere. Why cant we just sit back and hopefully enjoy the team the manager chooses. All the above mentioned were chosen regularly by several managers for a reason

Said it on the transfer thread but I'd love us to go for Graham Dorrans. Only on a short term deal at Dundee and been by far their best player. Ball winning central midfielder with a bit of class
    Last edited by Since452; 06-01-2020 at 03:26 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    McNulty realistic on a permanent?
    Lets think about that.

He still has 2.5 years left on his Reading contract at £10k a week.
    That is £1.25 million.

Hibs would pay circa £3k a week which over 2.5 years is £375k

So you expect him to chuck almost a million quid in the water for the joy of playing for Hibs?

Reading might offer him say £375k to piss off but that still leaves McNulty half a million quid down.
    No chance of a permanent.

Additionally if Sunderland are paying his wages for the season Reading will be keeping him there whether Sunderland want him now or not. So no loan to Hibs either.
    I believe his family have bought a house in the Edinburgh area, with one of his children at school starting age.

I think a move to Hibs would suit Marc quite well and would be open to negotiations.

Left by mutual consent!
    Play Boyle up top in a 2 then we have the extra forward I think we needed. Yes creates a space in midfield but I like look of boyle up there I think he could do a real job.