hibs.net Messageboard

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Wonder if this will ever happen in Scotland?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wont, sectarian chanting doesnt exist up here.....🙄

I'll be honest and say I'd love it to happen but I doubt it will, certain clubs would then have to admit they have an issue but there is a lot of "whataboutery"

Left by mutual consent!
    He gets it tight every games he plays in. I would say it was racist too.

Sectarianism? Just atmosphere at the "best derby in the world" according to the jobs for the boys pundits at BBC Scotland.

If that had happened at our recent home game against The Rangers, it would still be getting played now.

Blog Entries
    I think the SFA see sectarianism as a vital part of Scottish football. If it was wiped out, in their eyes, huge numbers, for whom hatred and intolerance are their raison d’être, would withdraw their support for the ugly sisters and the game would collapse. Whether or not this would happen remains to be seen but sectarianism is here to stay for the foreseeable future.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50984765

Seems Barsnley were charged, and the FA will hold discussions about it. Be interesting to see what the outcome is. Not that the SFA will ever follow suit.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinMike View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50984765

Seems Barsnley were charged, and the FA will hold discussions about it. Be interesting to see what the outcome is. Not that the SFA will ever follow suit.
    Can't believe this has so few replies. This is exactly what the SFA/SPFL should be doing and what most right minded fans believe should happen. This is shameful that it happens once and the FA/EPL are all over it yet it happens very single week in the SPFL and nothing from the cowards in charge of the game here

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    The authorities have the powers to stop it but it's Scotland's shame that society doesn't see it as a problem. Even Steve Clarke's interview when he highlighted the abuse he was getting and questioned what the authorities would have done if the abuse had been directed at his number 2 for being black, as opposed to being a Catholic, was conveniently swept under the carpet.
    Last edited by Is It On....; 03-01-2020 at 09:27 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Can't believe this has so few replies. This is exactly what the SFA/SPFL should be doing and what most right minded fans believe should happen. This is shameful that it happens once and the FA/EPL are all over it yet it happens very single week in the SPFL and nothing from the cowards in charge of the game here
    Agree completely. I'd love to hear the SFA/SPFL's stance on this. Why can their counterparts down south act but they can't? If there is a valid reason, what are they doing to overcome it?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    No chance, the Scottish authorities will be pretending the charge against Barnsley hasn't happened.

It's a shame when you consider the Scottish parliament and police have powers at their disposal to do something about offenders but don't seem to hear it occurring.

Sectarianism and turning a blind eye to it remains a stain on Scottish society.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

The difference is that I believe English football adopts a version of strict liability, meaning that clubs can be punished for the actions of their fans.

There is no such rule adopted up here and the clubs will never vote for it.

Of course individuals can be prosecuted by the courts but that's another issue entirely.