hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

1. Log in to remove the advert

Interesting that we've told Raith we're planning on using him in the first team squad. His loan deal was due to end in January anyway, but it seems we won't be looking to let him go back unless we sign another striker.

He's done really well so it'd be good to see him get a chance.

I have high hopes for Jamie, and would love to see him getting first team game time.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    Wonder if this means we'll be seeing Shaw leave.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was my thought. He’s maybe taken over Shaw in the pecking order.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I always want to see young players getting a chance at Hibs and he's still got time to learn but just doesn't seem like we are the right place for Shaw at the moment.

Maybe a loan for the rest of the season would do him some good and allow for reflection in the summer on where his long term future lies.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Interesting that we've told Raith we're planning on using him in the first team squad. His loan deal was due to end in January anyway, but it seems we won't be looking to let him go back unless we sign another striker.

He's done really well so it'd be good to see him get a chance.
    I’m sure he’s being brought back for Jack to have a look at him. He trains with Raith, so Jack only gets to see him in development games
    Wonder if he’ll travel to Spain with the squad next week?

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    A stint at Raith wouldn't do Shaw any harm. Did i read on here that Tommy Block was heading for Raith as well.

On a seperate note i see James McPake in Sun today bigging up Sean MacKie today
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Hopefully. No loans, permanent deals only. Gullan deserves his chance to make an impact at least off the bench. Realistically the best we will do is top 6 so perfect opportunity to blood some of the youngsters in second part of the season

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    A stint at Raith wouldn't do Shaw any harm. Did i read on here that Tommy Block was heading for Raith as well.

If Shaw goes out on loan, with a view to coming back here, it needs to be to a higher level than league one IMO. Different circumstances to Gullan.

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    Hopefully. No loans, permanent deals only. Gullan deserves his chance to make an impact at least off the bench. Realistically the best we will do is top 6 so perfect opportunity to blood some of the youngsters in second part of the season
    Shaw has shown more than Gullan to suggest he can make an impact off the bench, though.

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if Mackie gets recalled too. Ross will know that the LB position is on of many needing addressed.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Shaw has shown more than Gullan to suggest he can make an impact off the bench, though.
    When was the last time Shaw made any impact off the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    When was the last time Shaw made any impact off the bench?
    A goal and 2 assists off the bench vs St Mirren last season. Since then he has only came off the bench for more than 30 minutes once, the Kilmarnock quarter final.

He had a goal wrongly disallowed in the league cup this season as well. Otherwise he has seen very poor game time. Maybe he isn't doing enough in training but to judge him not good enough based on 10 minute appearnces here and there isn't the way to go. He should've been loaned out or given a chance. He might not be good enough but its difficult to tell because he has literally not played in nearly a year.

we should loan shaw to Hamilton or St Mirren if they want him

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    we should loan shaw to Hamilton or St Mirren if they want him
    I’d be tempted to loan Hamilton or St Mirren Scott Allan and Martin Boyle tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Mackie gets recalled too. Ross will know that the LB position is on of many needing addressed.
    Reading McPakes comments, it was interesting to see that he’s been playing left midfield rather than left back for them in the last couple of games.

Mentioned that he’s made 12 appearances which didn’t strike me as very many. Don’t know if he had a spell out the team, was injured etc.

Take him to Spain and see what he can offer, if he's not quite ready, back out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Reading McPakes comments, it was interesting to see that he’s been playing left midfield rather than left back for them in the last couple of games.

Mentioned that he’s made 12 appearances which didn’t strike me as very many. Don’t know if he had a spell out the team, was injured etc.
    He struggled in his opening couple of games which mean he was out the side a bit, on the bench mostly, but since getting back in he’s been a mainstay. Would actually like Sean to mould into a left midfielder, he has an attacking mind, which means he can neglect his defensive side at times, but his delivery from the left is incredible and would give real balance to our team. A better proposition than Horgan on the left for me.

He was playing left mid in the Dundee derby I watched the other day, left of a diamond midfield McPake had him in. He did fine although most of the play was down the other side.

@hibs.net private member
    Would like to see Shaw head to raith

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AlienDoidge9
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    He struggled in his opening couple of games which mean he was out the side a bit, on the bench mostly, but since getting back in he’s been a mainstay. Would actually like Sean to mould into a left midfielder, he has an attacking mind, which means he can neglect his defensive side at times, but his delivery from the left is incredible and would give real balance to our team. A better proposition than Horgan on the left for me.
    Mackie is built like a tank as well not many wingers his size could be a good weapon that

@hibs.net private member
    Mackie has a wand of a left foot ..top skills there - other than that I don’t see it ..can’t defend, not that mobile...don’t see anything that warranted the contract he got at the start of the season ...

Obviously others do - but for me, can’t see him being a first team regular ....

Gullan looks like he has done some development at Raith - so will be interesting to see him get some game time ...

Mackie always been better at LM for me. Allows him to make the defensive mistakes that he can’t get away with at LB.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Mackie always been better at LM for me. Allows him to make the defensive mistakes that he can’t get away with at LB.
    For me he is at his best in a 352

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    For me he is at his best in a 352
    B....You’ll have seen him in the dev team
    More than me...and you seem positive about him...do you see him being a regular for us ?? Interested in your view ....

I've not seen enough of Gullan to comment but I'm not convinced about any of the other youngsters - Shaw, Fraser Murray or Mackie are good enough. I realise this isn't a popular opinion.

Porteous is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    B....You’ll have seen him in the dev team
    More than me...and you seem positive about him...do you see him being a regular for us ?? Interested in your view ....
    Sorry are we talking Hammer or Mackie

Delighted by this.

Iv been saying for a while I think he is most likely to be successful for us, he has a bit of power behind him and is capable of going inside or outside his man. Good close control and brilliant strike on him.

Murray for me is good technically and receiving the ball on the half turn but I’m just unsure where he fits in. Not a winger and won’t get in ahead of Allan or Mallan.

Shaw is a bit unlucky imo, he’s a good finisher and I think if played consistently in this league would get decent stats but his career has just stalled. Think he should be getting a loan to another SPFL team.

Mackie is a tank of a boy with a great left foot and is good at going past his man, got a lot of attributes to work with and develop in a position we’re struggling. Agree that he’s more of a midfielder than full back

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Mackie has a wand of a left foot ..top skills there - other than that I don’t see it ..can’t defend, not that mobile...don’t see anything that warranted the contract he got at the start of the season ...

Obviously others do - but for me, can’t see him being a first team regular ....

Gullan looks like he has done some development at Raith - so will be interesting to see him get some game time ...
    I agree on Mackie. When Lewis was out he really had a chance to cement his place in the team and didn’t take it. I’m one who thinks Lewis needs replaced but I don’t think Mackie is the one to do it and I’d be surprised if he gets such a chance again.

In fairness to him, it probably didn’t help that we were a shambles under Heckingbottom, when he did have that opportunity.